Crossovers 7,369 members · 10,958 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

One thing I've noticed in the MLP franchise is that Songs are handled rather differently between Gens.

In Generation 1, there were, what? Ten songs? They happen, nobody ever mentions iit again. Nothing is really added to the plot from it.

Oh, okay. Why not?

ANYWAY. In Gen 2, they're more or less just a fact of life. They come up to express how the singers feel about what's going on that day. Nobody really seems to pay attention to it.

Side note: It seems to be awfully difficult to find any videos of those, despite there being one with about 35 minutes of music

I never watched Gen 3, and from what I've heard, i don't think I will anyway.

In Gen 4, Ponies are naturally musically inclined, Somepony singing might attract othersand rope them intot the number. They're aware that it's going on and just don't care, most of the time.

Okay, well, some do. :twilightsheepish:

In the EQG universe, the effect.... varies. :unsuresweetie:

Sometimes only a select few might notice..it happening.

Other times it's involved in the plot of the bit.

And sometimes, well...

There's no accounting for Pinkie Pie anyway. :rainbowlaugh:

In Gen 5, as we see in The Blocky-Wockys....

Basically, "Hey! There's a dance number going on! Let's join in!:derpytongue2:"
Another such example,

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I think songs in G3 were used more or less the same as they were in My Little Pony Tales (not actually G2, but I think of it that way anyway lol). They were, dare I say it, nowhere near as memorable though.

wait, wait, wait... there are G2 songs :pinkiegasp:

all I have found are things like this. I have checked Lavender Lagoon and such, but I can't even find any lyrics or anything. Do you have a link to one? Pretty please :3

What I did find was

https://m.

aah, MLP Friends - I think of that as gen 1.5. That is great fun though :3 and yes, they do have quite a few songs which are incorporated into the show.

Mlp Tales. There's a difference.

TBH, that series was my first exposure to the whole franchise.

Side note: Though, as an aside, I also notice that in Gen 1, the Ponies are primarily quadrupedal. They stick to all fours, generally.

In Gen 2 they're more semi-anthro; They're perfectly capable of standing and walking upright, though they also walk on all fours sometimes. It's kind of surreal when you think about it :unsuresweetie:

In Gen 4 and 5, they generally stick to all fours, but can occasionally do something like stand upright, hold onto things with their hooves, so on and so forth.

ah yeah, Tales - can't believe I forgot that after their intro song drilling My Little Pony Tales, My Little Pony TAAAAALES" into my head :) also all the chars. Very different. It doesn't even feel like pony to me, it feels like watching 90s cartoons as a kid :3

I'm guessing the reason that it is thought of as G1.5 is toy related?

*goes to Google*

yup

G2, meanwhile, is a new toy release. But its ponies never got a proper animated series - its core ponies were eg the brilliant Light Heart. I did find this wonderful source for comics

MLP had songs in episodes even when original pilot known as Rescue at Midnight Castle debuted. However, many of the songs for G1 are around a minute and not that long compared to what is now. Nonetheless, here is how Megan would sing just to show how much of a singing voice she has.

kay. So I was wrong Fixed.

The idea was that there was always episode song when MLP started and there are more than what was just posted, though I just did the ones with Megan in them so that a lot of you can understand how she sounds when she sings.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10