Crossovers 7,373 members · 10,961 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So I'm currently working on my next big story, which will be a crossover between Equestria Girls and Batman: The Animated Series. Not the most original idea, I know, but I wanted to see if I could do it justice. Anyway, I just had one question regarding the ending that I wanted to get some feedback on.
Should the Rainbooms learn Batman's true identity?
I wasn't planning on having them deduce it by themselves, that would take it too far. My original idea was that, after the main conflict is over, the Rainbooms would meet Bruce Wayne, and he'd give them a little hint that leads to them figuring it out, like at the end of Beware the Gray Ghost (excellent episode, BTW). But now I'm wondering if I should scrap that scene. What do you guys think?

I don't see Bruce ever giving his identity away, especially to high school kids. In most media it takes awhile for him to reveal his identity to the Justice League, people he works with on a regular basis. Of the people in Gotham, more people deduce his identity than him revealing it to them.

Of the people he does reveal to, it's usually because they're going to continue associating closely with Batman, and he trusts them enough with that information (or has enough leverage to keep them from talking). Unless the story ends with at least one of the Rainbooms continuing to associate with Batman, I don't see why he'd tell them.

I could possibly see them deducing his identity. Get at least one of them close enough to see that he's a real person, rather than an exaggerated legend. After that they just need to see that he has a rich benefactor, judging by the jet, batmobile, and gadgets. Then someone just needs to follow the money back to Wayne Industries. As for implicating Bruce directly, they just need to see when Bruce returned to Gotham around the same time Batman first appeared.

Most of this would involve someone actively trying to find Batman's identity, and having the motivation to do so.

Typing this up makes me think of Tatsurou's Batmare Beyond, specifically THIS chapter. The idea is that masks are a supernatural force that separates a hero from their civilian identity, even if a disguise is completely flimsy. You could roll with a concept like this and have Sunset, someone from a different universe, easily connect Batman to Bruce Wayne, while no one else can put the pieces together.

Of the people he does reveal to, it's usually because they're going to continue associating closely with Batman, and he trusts them enough with that information (or has enough leverage to keep them from talking). Unless the story ends with at least one of the Rainbooms continuing to associate with Batman, I don't see why he'd tell them.

It won't end like that, this is just a one off visit to Gotham City for them. The idea was that he'd be impressed by their dedication and give them a hint as to his identity as a way of saying thanks, but maybe that's out of character.

Look at A Dark Knight over Canterlot story. I see that as a good reference

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4