Struggling Authors 3,674 members · 25,231 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Anybody want to do a Futurama crossover with me? Editor also needed.

A Futurama crossover... why can I envision the professor giving one of his many lectures on this subject?

Professor: Back in the year 2010, Hasbro introduced their fourth generation for their My Little Pony brand through an animated series. It was a cultural phenomenon that broke across the planet, forming fans outside of the target audience that ranged from football players to dungeon masters. Since then, fans had constructed monumental achievements and dedicated them to that girly show, and in the late 27th century, professor Zacherle was able to biologically create a real My Little Pony and constructed an inhabitable planet filled with those pastel creatures to blind you with rainbows and pastries.

Bender: Sounds like this delivery will be a piece of cake.

Professor: Far from it! That place is anything but pleasant. There's been a nonstop civil war that's been raging on shortly after the first generation of ponies were released there, and it gets more intense with every passing decade. Be prepared, for you are about to enter a world fueled with over 200 years of savagery that surpasses even the Comic-Con convention that George Lucas admitted in about him stealing the idea for Star Wars from a King Arthur tale. ...off you go.

...I have no intentions on making this story.

Actually, what I had in mind was EQG Rainbow Dash as 9 years old is found by Fry alone in New New York with no memory of anything outside of her own name.

So, you just came to tease me?

So My Little Dashie, but with Fry as the caretaker. ...the setup does give a faint ringing to 'Jurassic Bark'.

I have a lot of stuff figured out. (Desprate Hope) You wanna write it with me?

So, you just came to tease me?

To give a concept idea.

I just kept imagining that if Futurama ever did an episode surrounding MLP, they'd likely parody it to its fanbase. Fans have been going neck-and-neck with each other over G4 or G5 being superior, so I imagine that the writers would approach the matter by making a planet in a civil war, because it's still MLP either side you stand with.

(Desprate Hope) You wanna write it with me?

I haven't even written a chapter for my own story for a year now, been too stressed at seeking a paying job. I can think of these little bursts of ideas from time to time, but I should really be focused on job hunting.

Fair point

Oh, okay.

What exactly do you need a co-author for? Because from where I'm sitting it seems to look suspiciously like 'I have a really cool story idea and I need a competent writer to write it.' If that's the case, may I point out that you should go to an author that takes commissions to get the story written.

Ideas are cheap, the execution is what matters.

As to your idea ... well there is essentially three reasons why people read crossovers:

1. To see how the unique narrative and/or metaphysical elements of the two settings mesh together.
  2. To see their favorite characters from two different settings interact with each other.
  3. To see their favorite character(s) from one setting interact with the story of a different setting.

By making the main character of the story a 9-year-old EQG Rainbow Dash with no memories, you make all three essentially impossible.

Because my writing style requires someone to edit it to look proper

So you want an editor not a co-writer?

No, a co-writer is fine along with editor

So 7959219 was actually an answer to "Why do you want an editor?", therefor you still haven't answered my question of "Why do you want a co-author?"

I like for my writing partner to have an equal say in our projects.

That isn't an answer to the question. Perhaps I should rephrase it.

Why can't you write this fic on your own?

Because my writing style looks like the transcript for a TV show

Hmmm, that's still closer to editor than co-author, perhaps a formatter. I can see the problem though, stories have to be prose in order to be posted on this site.

That said, my recommendation would be learning how to write prose yourself (it isn't that difficult) so you don't have to beg random assholes on the internet to reformat your work.

I also do it because I don't have any confidence I'll do it right

Well, the only way to learn how to write is to write. even if it's not very good at first.

Although I do recommend reading the Writing Guide.

I mean, if you don't feel motivated enough to write your own fic, why would anyone else?

I'm mentally disabled. It's just me

... wut?

No, it's not 'just you', nobody but you cares enough about your story to make it a reality, and if you can't be bothered, I can guarantee you that nobody will be.

I mean my mental disability is me

That sounds like quitter talk. Do you want your story written or not? Because, honestly, you are the only one who cares enough to write it.

I just like having a partner

You aren't going to have any other authors wanting to partner with you until you prove that you can write. So just write.

I have writing experience. I've helped other writers.

Okay good, then you should be able to turn that experience into your own fic.

I still need a editor. If you want to partner up with me, I'm okay with it. If not, okay.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31