Struggling Authors 3,674 members · 25,231 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

(Note: This post will be updated to let you know what to do. EDIT: Scroll down for any new announcements)

After seeing seven tabs worth of threads, Alexander and I decided it's time to clean up. I think I'll delete the threads which the last reply is over two weeks old and is not a thread that I judge to be "lasting" (for example, the Mini Feature thread).

If you have any suggestions for more criteria or disagree with anything I propose, just shoot a comment.

Edit: Threads who's last reply is more than two weeks old and no longer contains relevant information will be deleted effective the 6th of May, 2013. You have until then to save any gems in these threads.

If you think a thread contains relative information (i.e. instructional, motivational, or otherwise beneficial threads), you have until the 6th of May, 2013 to POST ON THIS THREAD said relevant thread, otherwise thread selection will be left to my judgement.

I strongly agree with this idea. I posted to something on page 2 or 3 a few days ago, and realized the last comment had been over a week ago. That's pretty slow going.:rainbowhuh:

Oh, and as for making this comment actually useful... eh, I got nothin'. The idea's fine to me just the way it is!

Older than 14 days and not informational would be my vote.

Sounds fine as a general rule, just be sure to take a time limit to inform everyone before the massive cleaning, then to announce it as an official rule, i have a couple of post that i would like to take into my journal before deletion, I'm probably not the only one. :ajsmug:

I'll make sure to PM the owner of the thread before taking it down, and if possible, I'll mass PM everyone in the group.

I was thinking more in forum post within the week, but as you wish. For my part I took already my stuff. Thanks for the warning. :twilightsmile:

Sounds good to me.:rainbowkiss:

Crap.

I just probably deleted a book or two's worth of what could have been gold writing advice. But I don't feel a bit of shame. Why?

I don't want this group to become heartless.

I don't want it to become a group where the rule is, "If you have a question, look in all the thousands of ancient thread archives to see if it already hasn't been asked before. Oh, and if you find it in there, read all the post by people who are probably no longer active on the sight." To me, that neglects the heart and soul of a forum, namely that feeling you get when someone else has responded to your thread. That feeling that's like, "Hey, someone else out there knows what I'm going through and wants to help me get through it." That is what I want to have in this group.

So from now on, I will delete any thread that is over two weeks old, so you have until then to preserve any gems you find. I do this not because I'm ruthless but because I care.

602363, if you have any objections, please go ahead and state them.

New Folders Information

We now have folders to sort our stories based on their length. Just put your story in the proper length description (whether actual or predicted) and let the views roll in. Also, feel free to also put said story in any of the other folders.

You do know that technically a Novella is 17,500 to 40,000 words, right?

And a Novelette is 7,500 to 17,500.

And then short story is <7,500.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_count#In_fiction

Does it really matter? This is just a group inside an informal site for publishing fiction.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11