FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I know that "The Last Problem" gave implications to FlutterDash's two greatest rival pairings, but does anyone plan to write any stories featuring our favorite pegasi pair being together following the Battle of the Bell and Twilight's coronation?

Plans? Not really. But I do have ideas.
Those two hints I felt were really dumb hints considering how much Flutterdash had setting it up in the early seasons...

Would have been epic to see Dash out in open spaces with Fluttershy as her helper and with Fluttershy getting to meet more and more animals from other places in such travels. I feel they really missed a huge opportunity for depth there.

As far as I'm concerned, Fluttershy and Dash kissed in season 2. Peak Flutterdash moment right there and a sad lack of further scenes to rival it. (I mean, we did get Trde Ya and the jousting scenes, plus that timberwolf call the two did... but not a lot comes to mind beyond season 4)

I'm still writing as though the last season (or two) never happened. No taking them away from what they love to be teachers in a school that teaches skills that children learn through life and interacting with others (like seriously... did that school ONLY teach about friendship?).
No ending with a twilight that looks like a lazy recolor of Celestia. They didn't have anything that made me want to use the last season in my works. ...beyond shipping the student six. And that's not enough for me to want to work within the later setting.

... I may do something as an epilogue in Crashing Angels, set much later in life where Twilight is ruling. But that would be a partial rollback on some of the info we officially got.
Like... I would have Twi not just be dumped right in charge of like everything as solo princess.
I think Celestia and Luna at least should still control the sun and moon for instance and I also think Luna and Twilight could bounce off each other well in Canterlot.

All up, how I would write such a story (or scenes) set after the Battle of the Bell and Twi's ascension is thus...
Fluttershy and Dash to be living together and looking after Scootaloo as she grows up. They do more moving around for shows as Fluttershy becomes more comfortable with it and Scootaloo gets older.
Spitfire and Soarin getting married and Dash taking over as captain of the Wonderbolts, supported by Fluttershy (who can you know... Fly)
Pinkie and Cheese do their party thing as a duo act (plus Pinkie baking) as they also start a family.
Rarity becoming an even greater force in the fashion world and maybe taking Spike on as her partner.
AJ ... Farm life anypony? If anypony I would actually go with Troubleshooes, but he was so poorly developed beyond his initial ep. that I feel like hes a forgotten character.
Twilight ... Paring up with Luna while ruling Equestria till she disappears off on a honeymoon for a thousand years and G5 happens :derpytongue2:

And I take it that a certain former princess of the sun hooked up with a certain draconequus?:raritywink:

Hey, I'm either really obvious or not the only one into Dislestia too. For one, Discord certainly would help a retired Celestia relax and enjoy an adventure or few.

Yeah, I thought pretty much the same, especially with "Between Dark and the Dawn".

And for the record, while they weren't as frequent, there were moments between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy following Season 4. Fluttershy comforted Rainbow Dash when Tank went into hibernation. Rainbow Dash supported Fluttershy's dream of starting that animal sanctuary. They had a pretty cute duet during that song in "Fame and Misfortune". There was that subplot where they struggled to get gifts for each other in "Best Gift Ever" (not to mention show that Discord might be a FlutterDash supporter). And they were shown bonding over the "Daring Do" books (though that one could've been better considering how it derailed Ahutzol's character).

Ah yes, the duo on "Fame and Misfortune" was one of their cutest songs together.

Good other mentions too.

Why even worry? Everything past season six was basically professionally produced fan fiction. Ignore canon that disagrees with your ship. I have no plans to let things like a Weird Al self insert interfere with my Raripie ship. Just write what you want.

Well, for the record, "I" might decide to write a FlutterDash story set after "The Ending of the End". I'd just need some inspiration.

And a lot of people liked that " Weird Al self insert".

Never said I didn't like him. I'm just not going to let his existence interfere with any story idea I plan to work on. Likewise, don't let canon worry you. Your ships can sail despite some script writer deciding to Joss them in the final episode, because they aren't writing the definitive path that those characters can take. MLP is canonically a multiverse, so you can create branching points that diverge from that final path they showed wherever you like.

If you want that divergence to occur late in their life, go for it. The implication of Appledash doesn't mean Flutterdash can't also exist, Rainbow is a free soul who could easily visit two old friends frequently, and quite possibly things might get romantic with multiple friends, even simultaneously.

Well, that's an interesting way to look at the series as a whole. A lot of people just figure that the comics were part of the main storyline. Still, with 'EQG' and the timelines shown in "The Cutie Re-Mark", your view does make sense.

I like Cheese Sandwich, to an extent. I like that he's voiced by Weird Al. I like that he's a wacky pony. I do not like that he's basically a male version of Pinkie Pie, complete with Pinkie Sense (by a different name) and Boneless (just another Gummy). Pinkie Pie is the only Pinkie Pie, aside from her actual clones. If they hadn't forced "Cheesy Sense" into it, it would have been fine.

That said, nothing past Season 5 was good enough to actually warrant being made into an episode, considering that the "best" episodes were mediocre at best. A Royal Problem was literally a comic story line first, with minor changes. It was still good, but the fact that it already existed (and was better) in comic form, makes the episode bland.

Fame and Misfortune was good, I had a great laugh even though it was basically about me, and I loved "Flawless", but I hated that they literally ended the episode without a resolution, and the entire situation just disappeared never to be spoken of again. What's the point of making an episode that isn't going to have a conclusion and isn't going to affect anything?

To Where and Back Again started out really good, but the ending was really bad. The fact that the Mane 6 and the Princesses were all captured somehow was really poor writing, but the interactions between Starlight, Trixie, and Discord were good. I can't stand FlutterCord (Discord is not a living creature and is not capable of emotions such as love) so the amount of time they spent on that particular aspect was excessive. And then to take the Changelings, one of the best non-pony species in the whole show, and turn them from a fearsome warrior species into... that literally had me yelling at my screen. Sharing love, fine. I've been advocating for that since Season 2. Ponies literally exude it everywhere and the Changelings could feed just by walking around them. They wouldn't have to steal it. But they're BEETLES. They live in a hive. Under ground. The black color scheme is MEANT to depict that. It's a defensive mechanism to hide them from predators in shadows underground. To turn them into gaudy, multi-colored eyesores for literally no reason is absolutely revolting. Changelings started out with holes in their bodies. Show that sharing love instead of stealing it makes them whole by filling in those holes. They'd still be beetles, and they'd still have their ability to hide from predators. Not to mention the fact that it's stupid to change the character design of a species that changes shape. It literally serves no purpose whatsoever.

These are the best ones I could remember. The rest of them were absolutely terrible. And as lilytheomegawolf said, the "school" was such a garbage idea and made absolutely no sense. They built the Mane 6 up to achieve certain dreams they aspire to, only to then force them to be teachers at a "school" that "teaches" friendship... which can't be taught in a book. The Student 6 literally learn more about friendship by SKIPPING CLASS in the first episode. The Mane 6 didn't need a "friendship school", the CMC didn't, DT and SS didn't, literally nopony in Equestria (or in real life, for that matter) has ever needed a "friendship school". You learn about friendship by talking to others and finding common interests to bond over and by BEING a friend.

And every CMC episode from Appaloosa's Most Wanted and on (including the atrocity that is CotLM) was repulsive. The writers literally contradicted established Cutie Mark lore to force the CMC into a contradictory "job" that serves literally no purpose just for the sake of doing so. CotLM is my absolute most hated episode in the series because it ruined 5 characters and took any possibility of a good redemption arc from DT and SS.

In my (very opinionated) opinion, neither CotLM nor anything past Season 5 are canon. You can pick and choose aspects you liked if you wish, but if the story deals with events in those episodes, I'm likely to just skip it entirely.

7634474 Yes, Flutters and Dash kissed in Season 2. Complete with the smooch sound effect and everything. You can't "accidentally" put a noise into an animated show. Everything is put there painstakingly. Ergo, it's established canon that they kissed. No amount of bad writing in the later seasons is going to take that away.

Wow, that's a heavy way to look at things regarding the CMC. As for Discord, I admit that I don't approve of FlutterCord either, but I don't believe Discord isn't a living creature capable of love. To me, it's just easy to imagine that he's very protective of the first friend he ever had. I like to believe if push came to shove and Fluttershy wanted a special somepony, Discord would do anything in his (benevolent) power to help out. Heck, I can even imagine that he'd be at a conflict with himself before eventually flipping a coin to ultimately decide to help (with it being two-headed even!).

Wow this is so based! And sounds almost line my own headcanon except AJ's fate, who started dating Rarity in season 2-3.
And yes, buck school seasons. My M6 will becomes a sorta operative group of heroes (they already did in series truly) and keep saving Equestria with power of Elements.
Celestia and Luna gives Twi the throne but she's not becoming an ugly recolored Celestia and just being herself. And sisters didn't just disappearing, they live among the ponies under the disguise of ordinary unicorn and pegasus sisters. This helps them assist Twilight in her reign by communicating directly with her subjects.
And yep, flutterdash adopting Scootaloo, buck this weird plot with her parents.

I just ignore 80 percent of post-Faust stuff tbh, the only surefire things I incorporate are Sunset(and EqG stuff) and Princess-Twi

That's the best way to do it. Thing is, nothing we write is canon, so we need not be constrained by such things. Canon is a playground, the characters are toys, and we are the children making our own worlds therein.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15