FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Which episodes of 'FiM' do you think were the best at hinting at FlutterDash? There have been quite a few where these two get some real interaction with one another, but which ones do you believe were the closest at hinting the possibility that that they were 'Best Friends' like Lyra and Bon Bon?:raritywink:

For me, the most obvious was "Trade Ya!". Not only did they end up getting the lion's share of the episode with their "chain of deals subplot", but the ending really demonstrating that Dash saw Fluttershy as more important than a book.

Another good one was "Hurricane Fluttershy", seeing as how Rainbow Dash was so eager to have Fluttershy participate in Tornado Day, not to mention Fluttershy was willing to push herself for Rainbow's sake.

"Keep Calm and Flutter On" had a bit of a FlutterDash vibe to it, what with Rainbow's vehement belief that Discord couldn't be trusted, while at the same time, expressing the nature of the relationship between FlutterDash and its greatest shipping rival. It almost felt like Hasbro knew the shipping war that was coming and decided to get it out.

"Flutter Brutter" seemed to give the implication there was a FlutterDash relationship, considering that Fluttershy's parents were hinting that Rainbow Dash was attracted to somepony in their house, but likely got the wrong idea about whom. Of special note, I'd like to say it seemed like a missed opportunity to not see Fluttershy's interaction with Rainbow's parents considering Rainbow was shown conversing with Fluttershy's parents.

Can anyone else think of episodes that give you FlutterDash vibes? Please note, keep it to 'FiM', Equestria Girls deserves its own thread (and frankly seems more blatant about the pairing) and I don't know if "Pony Life" has enough episodes to count (though that episode where Fluttershy disguises herself like Rainbow Dash was probably the best acknowledgement we can get),

Season 3 episode 1 "The Crystal Empire". Rainbow Dash wants to joust with Fluttershy and refers to her as "Knight Fluttershy". It was cute.

Comment posted by EileenSaysHi deleted Jan 10th, 2022

Re-read my post. I said 'Keep it to FiM'. EQG deserves to be mentioned on its own thread.

Forgetting about the kiss in A Canterlot Wedding? You can't put a kiss sound effect into an animated show on accident.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5