FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

How exactly would you guys imagine Discord to behave if FlutterDash became a thing in a story. Would his reaction be mild or extreme? Considering his past actions; notably the ones involving Fluttershy, he tends to lean more to the latter. Personally i could imagine him maybe keeping a close eye on Rainbow. Probably wouldn't even be subtle about it either

7041917 Yeah, he'd probably keep an eye on her, though I'd say Discord would care about Fluttershy's happiness more than anything, so if he did it would be to make sure that Rainbow doesn't hurt her. If anything, it would be kind of like a protective big brother sort of thing.

I've also joked that Discord is actually a FlutterDash shipper.

Well, I'm one of those people who like to think that Discord is a FlutterDash supporter (that Christmas special certain helps that thought), Of course, I also like the idea that Rainbow Dash is somewhat reluctant to tell Discord about her and Fluttershy, for fearing of receiving the fate that Tree Hugger nearly got.

7041940 This also makes sense... wow I didn't even consider that.

I imagine he would range between well placed jokes at Dash's expense but also maybe leaving a comment on watching her (with some silly accompanying action to show he literally has his eyes on her). But I do think after the protective big brother stage he would sometimes go over the top trying to set them up and having fun dumping Dash in silly outfits etc (maybe even a suit and comment how much like a dashing stallion he-I mean she looks:derpytongue2:) and making Fluttershy laugh while Dash gets annoyed at Discord.
Secretly, I think he would be delighted. But would withhold that publicly.
I in general think Discord makes a good playful prankster toward Flutterdash. (and Twilight as I ship her with Luna)

I like to think Discord is a Flutterdash shipper too. And the Tree Hugger point is a good one.

This makes me wanna write something short and silly but no time right now...

I have many possibilities in my mind that I am having troubles writing them down. Like, he might become a protective father figure and go to the extremes with Dashie. He might even help the two hook up together if he knows and supports them. Blah, blah, blah. Either way, I want to imagine that Discord would give Dashie a hard time by giving her frequent tests to prove herself until they finally get married.

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

I guess for me, it would depend on the scenario. 🤔 So I don't have many concrete headcanons about it... So here's a couple. In general, he'd totally play up the protective father kind of role, does the whole "I'm watching you" gesture, and maybe also acts a lot like he did in the Hearth's Warming special! (Even though I have slight issues with how it played out, but that's neither here nor there) I've certainly made the same kind of joke of Discord being a FlutterDash shipper anyway! XD

I think because he'd listen to Fluttershy, he'd understand how much she'd love Rainbow and would support her. Well, in his own Discord-y way, of course. Deep down he'd be happy for them, even if he's not outwardly expressing it.

So again, depends on the scenario! But overall he'd be the good ol' troll we all know and love. XD And Rainbow could very well butt heads a bit, but they both have the same goal, making Fluttershy happy. They'd eventually get along better for it!

I would say that he would be initially like an Angel Bunny 2.0(albeit with reality-bending annoyance powers which never fails in pissing me off)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8