Sparity 1,909 members · 1,022 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Recently, an account opened a thread on why Spike/Rarity ship was creepy, arguing that Spike is a child/baby. In this twitter thread, I explain the reasons why he is not. https://twitter.com/americanbro999/status/1528532797220175872

Just read it, I agree witb all your points, especially the dog bit.

BOOM! You dropped the hammer there! And agreed, despite Spike's own childish tendencies he more mature than some naysayers give him credit for. I mean if he were literally a baby or such he wouldn't be able to do all the work Twilight has him do or other tasks he is given by others. The age thing is an excuse that no longer works, and species thing... The series have literally shipped a pony and a yak by season 9, and hinted between a dragon and griffon. But if some are still saying Spike and Rarity don't work because they're different species... Well, that's their problem.

I deeply agree with you on all the points you made.

I fully agree.

The Dragon Warlock
Group Contributor

Are people still on this whole child thing? Sure, first season he acted more like a kid, but season 2 and onward he was far more mature and intelligent.

Spike is shown to be the closer in age to Garble and ember meaning his in his late teens or early adulthood. There's also some evidence that if you go back and rewatch The spikes growth may have been damaged from how his egg had been incubated as it's shown in the episode sweet and smokey that dragon eggs need intense heat to hatch specifically lava level heat. Spike egg how ever was kept under a heat lamp. Which may explain why just so small and went through molting a lot later than other dragons

It's also shown that he is older than smolder who already went through molt.

Wait, he's actually older than Smolder or is that just a personal theory?

I personally believe that Spike is somewhere between 14 to 16 at the start of the show and is either 18 or 20 near the end, depending on how many years he and Twilight have lived in ponyville.

She wasn't at the great dragon migration and she even says Garble is her older brother

season 9, and hinted between a pony and griffon

Who ?

I think he means Smolder Gallus.

I heard that part in the molt down clip, what I'm asking is whether or not Spike is older than Smolder.

but... that's Dragon and Griffin
theirs no pony in that

Then why mention pony then?

7692422 is the one that said

season 9, and hinted between a pony and griffon

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Sometimes the best thing you can do is ignore these haters.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18