Art for Fanfiction 5,185 members · 214 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

All art here was created by ToastTheOverlord. ToastTheOverlord is an artist on Deviant Art and now Patreon.

A small part of her story.

Her DeviantArt page.

Her Patreon page.

Here are some of her works:

A while ago it came to my attention that this artist is in dire straits. She's unemployed, in poor health, and living with an abusive family member, all the while trying to attend school and mostly squeaking by on what she makes through her artwork. I only have one question:

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?

I say we take this opportunity to show her what the Brony community is capable of! Who's with me?

Generosity is an Element of Harmony. Let's show some harmony and help shine some light in someone's life!

And for those of you who think "I don't have any money" or "I can't help" YOU CAN HELP! Spread the word! The more who hear, the more will know!

-Ru

See, this is why I hate reading about stories like this. Not because I'm some uncaring Grinch who couldn't give a shit less about other people's plights, but because hell I'm practically in her situation myself. I can't even afford to take care of myself right now, much less help someone who is in a similar situation. It just makes me feel like the bad guy, you know? *sighs* I guess that's life, though.

5511783 But there IS something you can do! Spread the word. If more hear about it, then more will know! You are NOT A BAD GUY! And YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! :rainbowdetermined2:

Heck, you've ALREADY made a difference! Because of YOUR POST, I'm editing the thread to include asking others to spread the news.

:yay:<(THANK YOU CANTERLOTGUARDIAN!)

-Ru

5511757 Um, Ru, I do hate to lock this kind of thread, but we've got a rule saying that all threads must relate to fanfiction or art. I know that it can make me look like a jerk, and for all I know I could be one, but this thread doesn't really follow our guidelines. I'm not going to delete it, but I do have to lock it simply because it breaks rule number one. If the thread was promoting of said artists art while also trying to aide her, I might be able to slide, but as of right now, I have to lock this thread. As always, feel free to PM me if you dispute my decision in the matter or just discuss the group rules. Apologies. :applecry:

5511757 Unlocked, thank you for fixing the thread to be in line with group rules. :twilightsmile:

5516277 Happy to know how to do things properly. :pinkiehappy:

Thanks for all your help, Smaug!

-Ru

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6