Art for Fanfiction 5,182 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52

Remember that this is an actual rule, guys. It will be enforced with punishments* when appropriate.

The idea is that you tag your thread, getting the purpose of the thread across quickly, clearly and identifiably, and then give the thread a more descriptive name, instead of something like "I need a cover". Who doesn't need a cover? Also, don't use just a tag for your thread title. (Just to clarify, thread tags go in front. I thought I had implied that clearly enough, but apparently, I haven't.)
Appropriate thread tags include, but are not limited to:

[REQUEST]: For those that want art or stories done free of charge. Prefix with either art or writing (or some other kind of work) as needed. If you omit the kind of work, people will assume you mean art.

[TRADE]: For those that are willing to offer time and effort for services from the community. Prefix with either art or writing (or some other kind of work) as needed. If you omit the kind of work, people will assume you mean art.

[COMMISSION]: For those that are willing to pay for services from the community. Prefix with either art or writing (or some other kind of work) as needed. If you omit the kind of work, people will assume you mean art.

[DISCUSSION]: For general discussion.

[ADVICE]: For when you have tips for the community.

[QUESTION]: For questions to the community.

[GAME]: For those silly threads.

[LIVE STREAM]: For live streams. Please don't use this for gaming live streams or other irrelevant content.

[DISPLAY / GALLERY]: For showing off your work! Prefix with either art or writing (or some other kind of work) as needed. If you omit the kind of work, people will assume you mean art.

[TAKING REQUESTS / COMMISSIONS / TRADES]: Pretty straightforward. Prefix with either art or writing (or some other kind of work) as needed. If you omit the kind of work, people will assume you mean art.

[OPEN / CLOSED]: Used to signify request / commission / contest status.

[CONTEST]: For contests.

An example of a thread topic may be:

[ART REQUEST] The Platinum Apple: Applejack goes back in time and landed in Unicornia.

[ART TRADE] Requesting a landscape drawing of the construction of the Crystal Empire. Will offer to write a short one-shot in return.

[WRITING COMMISSION] Offering $40 for a slice-of-life story involving Luna's typical workday.

[DISCUSSION] The effectiveness of title, synopsis, and cover art in a fanfic's success

[QUESTION] Doing the thing while drawing, any recommendations?

[GAME] Draw the avatar above you!

Correctly tagging things as requests or commissions will make things so much simpler.

I'll also toss in a few staff-only thread tags:

[OFFICIAL]: For the most important, high-priority threads.

[REMINDER]: For refreshing people on the rules and other information. Less important than Official.

[RULE(S)]: For when new rules get created / old ones get significantly altered.

Additional notes:
—There have to be brackets of some kind around the thread tag. A colon just doesn't cut it.
—If you absolutely must coin a new tag, try to use a phrase with an obvious meaning; clarity is the whole point of these!
—If you're unsure what to tag a thread, contact a member of group staff before posting.

*The official penalties (which may be adjusted at admin discretion):
First offense: Person is notified and linked back to the tags post. The thread is then locked.
Second offense: Same as before, however, they are also given an official warning.
Third offense: Temporary ban, length determined by the admin.
If a thread stays tag-less for a substantial amount of time, it's liable to be deleted by the staff.

Nice idea.

We'll add this with the huge thread containing all of our rules and such I plan to add. :D

4166232 This actually is in the rules already. I copy/pasted in straight from them, since nobody was actually doing this.

I'd just like to remind people that this is still a rule.
Make sure to tag your threads, guys. It makes the lives of everyone easier.

I'd just like to remind people that this is still a rule.
Make sure to tag your threads, guys. It makes the lives of everyone easier.
—ThatWeatherstormChap

She phrased it better than I could.

Remember: This is still a thing, chappies.
So make like Sheev Palpatine and DEW IT

4166226 Guys, please try to remember to use the Art Commission / Request tags. They're far too neglected.
I also added a few extra tags and may have also went down the front page tagging everything.

EDIT: I've rewritten some of the tag information to be simpler and more general.

Switched to the official tag. This isn't really a designated reminder thread so much as it is an explanation of a rule that occasionally gets bumped.
EDIT: I've copied this to Google Drive as well. Feel free to propose new tags there.

Removed references to NSFW content. I'm also leaving this thread unlocked; there wasn't really any point in locking it.

Updated slightly; also bumping as a reminder.

May I advertise my tumblr ask blog?
If so, shall it be under the [DISPLAY] tag?

4166226 Unpinned the penalty thread and migrated them to here.

Shameless bump; it's been slightly updated.

Hi, I just have a question regarding this...

Is this a site rule or group rule? If it's a group rule, may I ask why we started it? :twilightsheepish:

4166226 Hello I just tagged my thread, 5-10 cheap commission deal, could I get that lock off now? Im sorry for the inconvenience it has been a while since I last posted a thread here.

4760893 It shall be done!

4760895 Listen to LaZer! LaZer speaks the truth! (Actually, I don't know why it was originally started. It had actually been a thing before the change in administration, except nobody actually bothered with it back then.)

I like this rule. Reminds me of this guy:

I am confused on where to put the tag on the thread post?

Just preface your post title with the appropriate tag. For example, a thread title that reads:

DRAW ME SOME LEMONS

Should read

(Request) DRAW ME SOME LEMONS

Or, as another example:

WILL GIVE BACKRUBS FOR LEMON ART (Art Commission)

4772189 makes sense ^^ thank you

A lesson learned is a dollar earned.

WILL GIVE BACKRUBS FOR LEMON ART (Art Commission)

The tag actually has to go in front, though if you don't do this, you usually aren't penalized and I just quietly fix it and tell you for the future. I know this is kind of late, but it felt worth mentioning.

I just quietly fix it

I'm not really active in this group at all, but I'm curious why I see so many locked threads when browsing my groups dashboard when the fix is so simple as any one of the admins modifying the thread title? :applejackunsure:

Okay, that makes plenty of sense when you put it like that. Thank you for indulging my curiosity and have a pleasant day. :twilightsmile:

4166226 Bumping, just in case.

And there is a heresy tag right? Just in case someone says somethi g like "Derpy is not best pony" then we hand out the torches and pitch forks
Huzzah!

5047045 I second this, but only because I will absolutely abuse it.

[Heresy] [Request] 2-D Luna to reflect her personality depth.

5047063 you are awesome and you should feel awesome XD

5047067 *Tips hat* Why, thank you. Maybe I'll do a blog later tonight with a few more of these. But I should be thanking you for the idea.

5047087 oh me and my inner circle of friends all joke about heresy, started with one of us who is a war hammer nut. It kinda caught on and we just rolled with it. Do thank silliness before you thank me ^_^

5047097 I do the same thing with my friends. I'm Tau myself, but I've got a Tyranid buddy and a few other friends we insist are Space Marines. I have Warhammer to thank for my introduction to memes. And of course silliness.

5047112 lol then it had been decided... I am your friend XD

5047219 I shall be your friend! There's probably a gif for that somewhere on the internet but I know it's dangerous to go alone. If I could follow you again, I would. Maybe I should unfollow then refollow to affirm our friendship.

5047240 lol XD
Just remember.... friendship is magic... and magic is heresy

5047248 BURN THE HERETIC!

5047303 XD this is the begining of a beautiful friendship

Ahem.... BURN THE HERETIC. .. BURN THEM ALL.. BURN THEM TO CINDERS!

so my first post was locked as i changed the title so it would be tagged properly, the buck guys?

5087316 sorry bout that did not see it didn't save when i tried that before

Seems like it's time for the obligatory bump.

Guys, the tag goes in front. There's not much of a point otherwise

Needed a bump, clearly.

4794543 You should probably put that in the top post.

5356073 It is in the main post:

(Just to clarify, thread tags go in front. I thought I had implied that clearly enough, but apparently, I haven't.)

4166226 Added some necessary emphasis.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52