The Conversion Bureau 1,319 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 526 )
  • Viewing 351 - 400 of 526

I've heard about that one. I hope Mike found out that friendship is the true magic in the end.

I actually fell asleep for ten minutes during that film in the theater. :rainbowlaugh: It was during the boring part, however.

That was the best cartoon. Probably one of the causes for me to pick up reading so quickly as it was subtitled (The Mask and Batman were among the few dubbed ones in the mid 90s). Though I wondered how they could blow up so much stuff and no one ever gets killed.

No, I kinda fell asleep near the end and then woke up later and watch 4:10 to Yuma.

Game of Thone's any good?

843065 I'd have to say that cartoon, along with Reboot made me love huge, grand, arching narratives which covered a long span of time with interconnected relations of characters, conspiracies, plots, and complex worlds that take time getting your head around. There's always a bit of continuity in that show.

843093 I like Game of Thrones for the same reason that I like Reboot, Spiderman, and several conversion bureau stories. So for that, you can look at what I said to Microshazm. I also really enjoy fantasy, back-door politics.
And then there is the sex and gore that can be found throughout Game of Thrones. Heads are cut off, bodies disemboweled, women are banged, men are fondled and seduced. All that kind of stuff.

As for Skyfall, it was pretty boring. The only part I really liked was M's speech...
M's Speech! for crying out loud! You know an action movie failed when the speech was the best part... or maybe that's a success? Here's the part I'm referring to, SPOILERS AHOY!
[youtube=1c3YIbEt2wg]

Bitch I said whats Game of Thornes like, not if I said you liked it or not... or did I... Anyhow is it any good or not?

ReBoot never aired in Finland.

We had something better:

MOOMINS, HELL YEAH! To be honest, as a children's slice of life series the 90s Moomin cartoon (drawn by the Japanese so it's technically anime) is better than FiM in almost every way. Holy shit, Moomin looks possessed in that picture!

My grandma has a bunch of those things and I think we have a few of those collectors plates around the house.

Arabia plates?

The famous Finnish toilet seat manufacturer.

Uh, is it just me, or did the entire Anti-TCB Group just vanish into the aether?

Asking this here because I'm not quite sure where else to ask it.

850442 As I understand it, Fang grew tired of talking about tanks with Crazy and Bored. Then there is the fact that Starman no longer walks among you. Warwolf seems to have calmed in the absence of Chatoyance. Redemption's most recent thread once again developed into acceptance of personal opinion on interpreting stories, and DEL has his own affairs to tend to.

As for Heretical Zed and Shockwave Logic, I'm uncertain.

He meant the whole group vanished. Which honestly weirded me out. Did the ACB group just get deleted or something?

Not members, I understand members leaving.

I meant the Group itself just kind of vanished. Along with the forum and any stories attached to the Group.

Plum is confused. Velk has been contacted by NMS, but the former isn't responding. GIULIO, I hate bothering since he's still celebrating his promotion as moderator for the HAB group (last I hear, he left the bar with a unicorn :trollestia:). I was about to contact an admin, but I've been asked to drive my family again. :facehoof:

NMS PMed me too. I have no idea what's going on.

I'm scared.

850607 850615 Wow, it looks like you guys are right... ACB is gone. Maybe there was a bug in the files, Starman was reset as the founder, but then the system realized he's no longer there? That's the most basic explanation I can come up with... I should probably go to the IRC and tell the others this.

850803 850816
Damn it. And here I was, collecting people of ACB to review my stuff.

Also, Krass made a new ACB group?

Edit: My mistake. It was Windy Echo

851264 And it would appear that group is gone as well.

In regards to ACB...

And I realized why. And I am not in a good mood right now.

I'm staying out of discussions. I do not trust myself to remain calm enough to do any arguments.

At long last I'm back from international waters and... shit has hit the jet turbines yet again! My timing is impeccable! Anyways, I will try and get myself back into the loop and continue my reviews as well (TPoG is almost done, I've also read the first chapter of Reginald's fic).

The next films I'm gonna watch are: Green Zone (2009; Matt Damon) and Hero (2002; Jet Li) and yes, I like Jet Li's fighting prowess. The guy is in many movie fight scenes I'd put in my top ten - Danny the Dog (aka Unleashed), Fearless, Lethal Weapon 4...

852257 Good to know that you've read a bit of my fic by now. :pinkiesmile:

I have returned!

Holy crap sunday was fun. Went to Wrestlemania. While I can't say I had the best seats in the house— I was so far away from the ring I had to depend on the titantrons for any idea of what was going on— the show was still pretty amazing. But I have to admit I'm annoyed that they're breaking with tradition when it comes to Wrestlemania going back to the Garden every ten years. Nothing against New Orleans, mind you but as Wrestlemania started in the Garden and went back there for Mania X and XX, I'm annoyed they would break with tradition for Mania XXX next year. Hopefully they'll return to the Garden when Mania 40 rolls around.

Anyway, for those interested in knowing what happened to our group, the ACB is still alive, though our name was changed as the apparent result of a person or persons anonymous who did nothing but complain about the fact that we existed, and the name change was the compromise we were offered. While I'm not fond of appeasing said complainers (nothing but bullies in my consideration), a name change is better than being deleted altogether due to the antics of anonymous bullies, I suppose.

Oh and Microshazm, if you like Jet Li, I have to wonder, have you seen Forbidden Kingdom? It's to date the ONLY crossover film I know of to feature both Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

THAT FILM SUUUUUUUUCKS!

YOU'RE BOTH DEAD TO ME!

Okay, seriously, Jackie is (was, getting kinda old [Jet Li as well, though]) an awesome stuntman - the GLORIOUS skyscraper fight in Who Am I?, for example - but his style is always comedic, there's never the feeling of exhaustion and desperation as the combatants' stamina and patience starts running out (Who Am I? is an exception, though comedic still). That's why even Shanghai Noon/Knights and the Rush Hour films are decent martial arts action-comedies even though they're not very good "films".

The Forbidden Kingdom is too much fantasy-magic-let's-take-the-parents'-money-karate-kid-why-is-that-teenager-white-wtf-is-he-doing-there.

Both? I didn't know I had a clone.

And I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on it. The whole thing was designed as almost a wizard of oz type thing. So the fantasy aspect is kinda to be expected.

The Wizard of Oz and kung fu... Some things just don't mix. It's a kids film for kids with one simple goal: make money. Cool that they got Chan and Li together but for a completely indifferent and formulaic movie such as this one it's a shame they did. Well, whatever to keep one's career afloat...

Actually, as I understand it that was supposed to be both Jet and Jackie's last action film, if I remember right. Age was catching up with them. So they decided to team up for one final action movie.

Such a marketing scheme might have been around... Totally ridiculous in hindsight.

I dunno how ridiculous it is. I haven't seen either one in an action movie since.

Well, I haven't seen Jackie in an action film either but he still makes them just not American ones (Rush Hour 4 is underway). Same for Jet with a couple of exceptions: The Expendables (I've only seen the first, but regardless).

The hell you trollin' me anyway? It's not like you can't imdb.com this crap! :rainbowhuh:

What makes you think I'm trolling you? :rainbowhuh:

It finally happened, we've reached 420 members. I can now die happy.

The answer to ten lives, universes and everythings.

So, I was away for a week and missed a great deal for the most part. What's new, people?

Nifty. I'll look into it in a bit. I've had a long ride home and I don't think I need to get too heavy into fics right now.

Two more blog posts from our dearest friend are up.

Oh boy, here I go!

You are a glutton for punishment.

Just went over them.

I just don't know when to stop.

:rainbowwild: Maybe if you put your scrotes there instead of your head, maybe you'll stop? :trollestia::trollestia:

Cloudhammer
Group Admin

1035008>>1035009>>1035016>>1035018
This is a little short since i leave for work in about 20 minutes, but reading Chatoyance's blogposts, then coming back here to make fun of them behind her back? Kind of a dick move, so if you don't mind, can you either stop outright, or if you find yourselves incapable of doing so, take it somewhere else?

I'm not sure they're making fun of her blog posts so much as making fun of themselves for bothering to read them based on the above posts, Fang. Notice they haven't actually commented on the blog post itself, just on the fact that they read it. I just read the third one she put up when I saw on this thread that she's put up a third blog post and I honestly had to roll my eyes at it. The post itself as well as the comments section of this most recent blog continues to be filled with libelous hate speech against the ACB along with everyone else who doesn't think we're a 'hate group' that is somehow out to get her, and in general, is more of the same behavior that caused so many to be alienated by her in the first place. I don't blame Giulio and DEL for poking fun at themselves for reading it.

You, my friend, are misinterpreting our conversation.

As 1035253 said, I'm actually poking fun of GIULIO for even reading her... well, honestly, my opinion, bullshit blog posts. And, no, that's not making fun of her—that's me disagreeing with its content. Which I can't even comment on because... well, I'm on her block list. :rainbowlaugh:

Of course... I may just try. Anyway, this is out of topic, so...

I don't know about GIULIO himself, but his post strikes me more of him asking people to make fun of him for his lack of... well, foresight. He already disagrees with everything Chatoyance wrote, and yet he's going in for more.

(Hey, GIULIO, if you're that much of a masochist, I have a nice whip and handcuffs in the room. Maybe that'll stop you.)

.... And now that I find out that the third blog is out and that I or our group may be involved... I need handcuffs, whips, and maybe Trixie to stop me.

Yeah, thanks, Warwolf.

Also, I'm going to be a bit bold here...

Fang, I love you man, so forgive me if I am misinterpreting your post, but I think you are blindly defending someone that you're losing a bit of perspective here. I know you feel bad of what you did, even though I agreed with the actions (even Krass thinks so, though not to an extent), but you're not doing Chatoyance any favors by doing so.

If you are truly her friend, you reign her in. Her blog posts amount to nothing, but contradict everything she speaks about how FiMFiction should deal with Love and Tolerance. Its full of fallacious arguments, baiting, and the worst part is, making people more divided.

You worked hard to get the ACB and TCB group to tolerate each other. She is calling an end of that. So unless you changed your mind about it, call her out on this. Privately, if you must. Otherwise, your work has been for naught.

Yeah, thanks Warwolf.

I aim to please. :rainbowlaugh:

And Fang, I'm gonna have to agree with DEL on this. Honestly, being friends with Chat is fine and all, but friends need to know when their friends are going too far and need to be either talked down or just plain reined in. It took, so far as I can tell based on the length of time both our groups have existed, nearly two years to find a way for our two groups to reconcile our philosophical differences of opinion on the Conversion Bureau concept, and you were at the forefront of the effort to do so. And she just keeps trying to stir things up, trying to incite conflict again. In effect working actively to undo all the progress we made thanks to aforementioned effort in finding a way to reconcile said differences. Blindly defending such action isn't helping matters any. She continues to spew hatred and libel at anyone and everyone unless they agree with her antics and comments. Why would you defend that?

>downvoting things you disagree with
>using that up/down vote system at all

I did not make a single comment over the blogposts since the first one that I did over on the ACB social thread, and I stopped doing them because, 'I was making fun of her' as you put it. Like Warwolf and DEL said, I'm poking fun at myself more so than anything else.

I mean, there's no chance in hell that I would agree with Chat's ideas and reasoning (read: I don't), but I still read them because... well, I guess it's morbid curiosity. I probably shouldn't but I do. So long as I don't 'make fun of Chat' behind her back, all's fair in my mind, and I suggest that you don't insinuate otherwise, Fang.

I don't think that owning handcuffs and a whip is allowed in this jurisdiction. :rainbowlaugh:

Easy, dude. No need to get testy over it. We start sniping at each other, and it renders the progress we've made stand for nothing, which is the kind of the thing Chat's blogposts indicate she wants.

Dude, I'm with 1036110 here. Fang's probably in a hurry, or was tired that he didn't read carefully. He probably meant nothing by it.

I don't think that owning handcuffs and a whip is allowed in this jurisdiction.

Aww, come on. I don't bite.

Much.

:trollestia:

Think we're overdoing this? :twilightsheepish:

Think we're overdoing this? :twilightsheepish:

Nope. :pinkiecrazy:

:pinkiecrazy: GIULIO was pretty shocked when he realized how brazen I could get.

To steer this to a happier topic, I may burrow a few names from you guys for Feathered Heart. Hope you don't mind.

Cloudhammer
Group Admin

1035283>>1035779>>1035294
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the motivations are *shrugs* Bottom line is I asked ya to stop, plain and simple. There's no punishment waiting in the wings or whatever. All you stand to gain or lose is the remaining respect I have for any of you. It may be insignificant, but it's still up for grabs all the same

• Viewing 351 - 400 of 526