The Conversion Bureau 1,319 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 526 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 526

749262 I'd have to know what the idea is first. You could send me a PM with the premise of the story and then I could decide whether or not I want to help.

Chatoyance
Group Contributor

Are you upset at the recent coup d'etat within this group?

Do you feel that allowing the sworn enemies of the Conversion Bureau, the Anti-TCB to invade this group was a bad idea?

Do you wish there was a safe, secure, protected space to celebrate the Conversion Bureau Genre without threat of detractors, bullies, trolls or attackers?

Would you rather be nurtured than harassed, supported than attacked, and assisted rather than criticized?

Join the TRUEConversion Bureau Group!

NO Anti-TCB
No Hate
No Abuse
No Power Struggles
No Internet Drama

Just friendship, conversion and ponies. Period.

You are invited and you are welcome.

Comment posted by Da Bunnana King deleted Mar 2nd, 2013

:rainbowhuh:

Oh well, it'll put some more traffic on this board, that's for sure.

Enh, how you figure? This place wasn't exactly the most jumping board I've ever seen but it wasn't dead either. How would this rather sudden and somewhat bizarre change do anything to alter that? :rainbowhuh:

*Blinks*

I was on the road all of this time. What in the hell happened? I seriously didn't expect all of this drama.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE DRAMA INQUISITION!

:rainbowlaugh:

Sorry. I couldn't resist. And as it is, I have no fucking clue about it myself. I've barely been awake for an hour and this is what I saw when I got here. :twilightoops:

Also, as I said elsewhere 750826, advertising for a group in someone else's group without permission is not appropriate behavior, no matter what your feelings on the matter are.

Coz its bizarre? :rainbowhuh: Also, don't depend on me for solid thoughts when its 2 AM on my end.

2 am? The hell do you live, dude? :rainbowhuh:

Philippines. Thought everyone knew. :rainbowhuh:

Nope. That's news to me. :eeyup:

There is one upside to Chat's most recent tantrum though. I hope this doesn't come off too offensively or anything, but honest to God, I'm almost glad she pulled this stunt. Despite our best efforts to maintain the peace we've had going with this group, Chat has grown increasingly subversive, and seemingly hell bent on wrecking the good relations both groups have tried so hard to establish and maintain since this past winter when the truce between our two opposing viewpoints was established. Literally her every post in the last month or so when we as members of the two groups had genuinely engaging discussions that were somehow managing to remain civil despite our different opinions on the Conversion Bureau concept, would see her constantly make passive aggressive remarks, and sometimes spewing outright hate speech at us simply for having a different viewpoint on the TCB concept, and to be honest with you my patience with her was fraying to the point where I was unsure I could keep from going off on her. Now she has the Chatversion group, where she can circle jerk all she wants. With her and her sycophants off wanking each other, we may actually see more fruitful discussion between the ACB and TCB groups, which I hope will foster greater positive relations between both groups.

Peace through power separation I suppose.

Looks like it, yeah. Sad, isn't it? :twilightoops: Most on both sides were willing to bury the hatchet and try to coexist, and in the end, this is what happened because we tried to do just that. Seriously. WTF? :derpyderp2:

I find it weird that ATCB has more presence here than actual TCB.

It has come to my attention after an intense period of lurking that around Christmastime the ACB and TCB groups have formed a truce. Speaking as someone who feels the majority(but not all) TCB Stories are generally misanthropic this...is an interesting turn of events. But...not one that is unwelcome. I shall honor this truce and the reasons behind it. With that said I introduce you to a new timewaster game:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/CritGame/battle-without-end

May you have fun playing.

751527 Let her go off to found her new mode and order. I agree with that. Though admittedly your comment could have done without the circle-jerk comment.

It would seem that TCB itself has become a symbol for the three opposed groups of our stories, PER, HLF, and the Conversion Bureau's themselves.

Personally, I'm thinking of a topic for more specified discussion, though it would begin with a treatise.

I apologize if the term seemed offensive. But given the way I've been led to understand the term 'circle jerk' is defined, it did seem appropriate given what she's done. And I dunno that I agree with your assessment. Our two factions have actually come a long way towards establishing peace despite our differing views. We now have examples of one another's fics in the opposite group, and members of the two groups have popped up in each other's forums to at least attempt to have civil discussions. That in and of itself is nothing short of a miracle, given that a year ago the two groups were at one another's throats near constantly.

751883 A "Circle Jerk" is an action committed that can only be appreciated by those who performed the action. It usually includes hidden jokes that only people told ahead of time would understand.

As for the relative cooperation of our two groups, I feel like the two combined, plus or minus some members, would equate to the vast majority in TCB in that we all advocate that "These stories have a right to exists" just as in within the conversion bureau stories, a large number of people (note word use of people, not humans or ponies) unless the world is one of the darker ones all agree that "Yes, people should be allowed to choose this option of their own accord."

Then we have our fringe, Chatoyance within TCB, and Night Dreams from the ACB, along with any individuals who may or may not have at one point been in the ACB group and carried out personal attacks on Chatoyance and other TCB authors.

I suppose I can see that. Although I don't think Night Dreams can really be called part of our group even as a member of the fringe, given he was banned for being a complete troll. But objectively, I suppose I can see where you're coming from there.

So there are now two TCB groups. Maybe we should call this group Anti-TCB group to avoid confusion. According to the other group we were already conquered by Anti-TCB people, so this would be the next logical step.

As for the Anti-TCB group… maybe they could call themselves Anti-Anti-TCB group.

I think this solves all our problems, isn't this just brilliant? :derpytongue2:

(Sorry couldn’t resist. But after all the bad stuff that happened recently I felt to urge to make a humoristic response.)

:rainbowlaugh: Cute. Doesn't work though. Basically, this is TCB, and we're still just the ACB group while Chatoyance has created the Chatoyance group, and we refuse to acknowledge her group as anything.

In accordance with the new ruling by the website moderators, at least as I am lead to interpret it, I am leaving the group. I'm sorry we were unable to work out our differences peacefully despite the best efforts of those in both groups, and wish the majority of those here the best of luck in their future works and endeavors. I'm also sorry that many here may be forced to choose which group to remain a part of as I'm sure many enjoyed being in both and trying to discuss things civilly between the two factions. To those who are part of both groups that choose to remain here, I say goodbye and God bless. To those who may choose to leave this group in favor of the other, I ask only that you enjoy your time with us.

Thanks again everyone, and good luck. Maybe someday we can try again in the near future and make it work. But for now, it seems it just wasn't in the cards.

EDIT: If the site admins who laid this 'compromise' down actually clarify whether or not we are able to come here at all to talk without it boiling down to whether or not we like the concept and we are allowed to come back, I will return. Otherwise, this will be my last post here until this shitstorm passes and we can maybe try again in the near future to all play in the same park again.

Until then, I again say goodbye, good luck, and God Bless. :pinkiesad2:

It’s not related to the most recent event in this group, but has anyone seen the newest group shot from Equestria Girls?

Seems like it's legit. Also notice that Twilight has wings. So now wto of the worst fears of the fandom - spin-off with humans and Alicorn Twilight - are combined into one character. :trollestia:

Just kidding of course. I’ll give it a fair chance; maybe it’s as good as FiM and if they started talking about boys and make-overs I can still switch off the TV and pretend that it never existed.

754238 Somebody should totally write a TCB alternate universe fic where the Elements of Harmony start off as human. Celestia's working against the clock to gather them before Equestria is plunged into eternal night.

She'd keep conversion voluntary, as she realizes that forced converts are unlikely to be very harmonious, but extra drama if one of the mane six is a forced convert.

That’s actually a pretty unique idea. Putting first episode of the show in a TCB universe and make the Main Six human: Familiar enough to the original episode but still different. Are they going to convert or would the Elements have some “Makes-humans-not-die-from-magic” power?

I am honestly not sure if I can write about Equestria Girls fics. I hope the show's good.

754850 I was thinking that the idea would be that Celestia needs to find bearers for the Elements of Harmony, but nopony in Equestria fits the bill, so she arranges a relatively stable portal to earth (non-expanding, but Equestria is already freaking huge,), and starts offering conversion to the people of earth.

Reason conversion is needed is because while ponies have their own magic that they can carry over to earth and not off any humans by accident, Equestria and the elements of harmony have magic reserves so immense it's like putting a lightbulb next to the sun.

Or you know, as HZ might say, reasons.

Basic idea still holds, converts end up being the elements of harmony, so in a way mankind ends up being the ones who save Equestria.

There are quite a few points on which one could undertake a number of approaches.

Huh, so this is legit? I was under the impression that the first images shown on EqD were a fanmade hoax. Huh. Well, this should be interesting.

Oh, and hey guys. I'm back. Since the position was clarified while I was asleep and all, I slid back over once I heard.

Still, gotta wonder exactly how they're playing this off in the show. :rainbowhuh:

755344 The show will be a spin-off series, with a degree of separation from MLP:FiM.

No, I'm aware of that much. What I mean is that I'm wondering exactly what the supposed plot will be like...

That and wondering how badly this thing will bomb. This thing might go south faster than the live action movie of The Last Airbender.

I like this idea more and more. But why Earth? According to your post there was no contact before Celestia opened that portal. So why would she come up with such an idea? And wouldn’t she try other species one her world first before looking for aliens?

The picture is from an online article of the NY Times, so it’s probably not a fake.

Story wise I assume it’s probably a lot like MLP: Tales were the ponies lived in a human-like world and went to school. Which means no villains, super heroes, parasite invasions or clones? Just you’re average teenage –at-the-high-school stories. Probably nothing bad, but neither something that has the charm of FiM.

Nono, I meant the very first pics EqD put up like two months ago that depicted the girls, and wasn't too dissimilar to the way they're shown in those shots. At the time, I assumed that those had been fanart. But apparently not. o.O

You mean this one?

Yes I thought it was a fake, too.

Maybe that some good troll heard the rumors and created that imagine too see how many Bronies would freak out? But now it looks like it was indeed some early concept art. So there’s still hope that this is not the final look of the characters and they give at least some of them pants. :pinkiehappy:

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Looked like a hoax to me at the time.

755465 Maybe Earth is the closest dimensional neighbour, and she's desperate? She can open the door, give the choice, but she's neither powerful enough to just force the issue, nor defeat Nightmare Moon herself.

Basically, it would be Chesslestia, but instead of her long-term moves being the raising of Twilight Sparkle, it'd be finding bearers of the Elements of Harmony amongst the converts.

A third Alicorn, Twilight having a brother, a fourth Alicorn, Twilight becoming a Princess, humanized ponies… all rumors turn out to be true. I’m scared. *looks at the Sunset Shimmer toy in fear*

Sunset Shimmer? Do I dare even ask? :rainbowhuh:

Some time ago Hasbro introduced a fewnew toys. As always, most of them were just new variations of the Mane Six. But there was also this unknown, masked pony.

[img] http://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTMvMDIvMjcvMThfNDJfNTVfMzRfMjU3MTk4X19VTk9QVF9fc2FmZV90b3lfdW5pY29ybl9tYXNrXzUxMmU1M2FlYTRjNzJkZDM5ZDAwMDVlMy5qcGcuanBnIl1d/257198__safe_twilight-sparkle_toy_princess-twilight_unicorn_official_mask_comb_512e53aea4c72dd39d0005e3_512e66cfa4c72db70600044d.jpg.jpg[/img]

Sometimes later her name was revaled to be Sunset Shimmer and that she was part of a masked pony line that includes Pinkie, Rarity and RD. Now people are speculating that she’s a new member of the Mane Six.

a) She’s an Unicorn so this would restore the balance somewhat with two ponies of each race plus one Alicorn
b) She’s the only Non-Mane Six member in that line.
c) Her Cutie Mark seems to be rather special compared to the usual Toyline Pony CM.
d) The meaningful name: After/during the sunset comes the twilight. And sparkle and shimmer are basically the same thing. This also spawned the theory that Sunset Shimmer is a secret identity of Twilight.

Maybe it's nothing but considering how the last few rumors turned out... Time to get paranoid.:pinkiecrazy:

Given that her face is shown right on the placard, the mask is pointless. Unless they're introducing a pony pro wrestling federation.

Like I sad it's just the gimmick they are using to sell their newest toys.

Like I sad it's just the gimmick they are using to sell their newest toys. We had the Mane Six with butterfly wings, the Mane Six as crystal ponies and now (some of) the Mane Six with masks.

But hey, maybe that’s the plot of a Season 4 Episode. Rarity, Pinkie and RD creating the Equestrian Wrestling League and the new pony is one of their first members.

What makes you say Shimmer is a Unicorn though? I don't see the horn.

Silvertie
Group Contributor

Are those lucha pone

I had the same general reaction at first. Can anyone get a better shot of Shimmer on the box?

Here's another picture of her, without the mask.

As you can see, she's clearly an Unicorn.

755634 Nah, man, that's just a tumor.

Silvertie
Group Contributor

Fluttershy would make the best wrestler pony.

FS: "Oh my, we'd better call a vet..."
AJ: "Why, what's wrong, sugarcube?"
FS: "Because these pythons are sick!" *flexes*

Huh. So she is.

Now if we could just get a good picture of the image on the placard....

Huh. Is it me, or are her eyes green?

755890 I'd say they're closer to cyan, teal, or aquamarine. God, I've become part human, part crayon since becoming a brony.

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 526