The Conversion Bureau 1,319 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

It's for a scenario I had in mind where the two species meet long after the events of the old world has faded into myth, leading to a very awkward second contact. Do they view it with remorse, pretend it didn't happen or even glorify it? If they simply forget about it how does the myth of humanity develop?

Can you clarify that?

The old scars of the war would still mark the land and Xenolestia is little more than a story ponies tell their foals to make them not act up(don't stray too far from the village or Xenolestia will get you). Humanity could have teetered on the edge of extinction in a Rifts RPG-like setting and clawed their way back from the abyss to become something much darker and much more violent.They're a known entity, but their countries are much more diminished. Humanity is a known entity, but they're rarely seen outside their isolated countries and only the occasional patrol or ship are seen in the distance(they live on the other side of steep and treacherous mountain ranges, inside of heavily fortified fortress city-states or across the ocean[maybe all 3?]). What is known about humans is that humans are extremely xenophobic and xenocidal, the few survivors who went to their countries to make contact, broker trade deals or simply got lost and off track speak of humans shooting any non-humans on sight.

If I were writing a TCB story based in the future, I would heavily pull from the Coalition States, Free Quebec, the New German Republic and Russia in the Rifts RPG setting.

It would all depend on which TCB toy went for. If you went for something with an expanding barrier, you would most likely have a humanity that colonized near space (starting either in the moon or mars) from barely a few hundred survivors. A century after escaping, humanity should have rebuilt enough to begin sending apy sats, and another century later, I imagine Earth is covered in spy satellites, plus a few extremely aggressive hunter killer sats salted at low and medium orbits, and a couple of military outposts near or at geostationary orbit. A millennium later, Earthwatch is a monastical order, and Humanity has advanced greatly simply from being unified against a common enemy that once tried to eradicate them, and likely commemorate the exodus by sending a mayor asteroid into Earth every century or so, making sure the ponies are always far too busy rebuilding their civilization to even consider expanding their conquest into space.

Right, but I'm asking how ponies would view humanity after the fact.

Largely dependant on how the princesses wish history to be remembered. The advantage of inmortality is being the ultimate victor whenever you go into conflict, because you can outlast history and shape myth in any way you see fit. A thousand years into the future, humans would be demons from the stars who tried to invade Equestria and failed, and every since, Equestria must keep up the barrier to make sure humans can never invade again.

I was thinking they'd be analogous to a race of ghosts, or morlocks if you are not favorable. The former would have stories about coaxing spirits to move on kind of like with yokai, or the later being monsters rumoured to reside in deep caves

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7