Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Friends, fellow writers and all Bronies to whom this may be of interest,

I've come to you today with a big, big problem. You see, I am an aspiring author. As such, I like to practice my writing, and the major way I do so is by writing fanfiction, and recently my fascination has shifted to doing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fics. Many of these are crossovers, while some are strictly within the normal MLP: FiM universe or are some manner of AU. However, there is a project that I have in the works. It is, to be quite frank, the biggest and possibly most ambitious project I have ever had on this or any fanfiction site–or for any fandom, period. And it is one that I absolutely, completely and in all other ways totally refuse to give up on!

However, I have hit a very big and unfortunate snag.

To explain, this fic is going to be a story about a human boy, one just becoming an adult, that gets sent to an AU version of Equestria, one where everyone is anthropomorphic. I cannot divulge any further information in regards to the plot, mostly due to the fact I'm not one-hundred percent sold on the exact details of it yet. However, I do know two things: the boy's personality, and the fact he will be transformed upon arriving in Equestria. What will he turn into?

Well, friends, that is where the trouble comes in. You see, I... I honestly don't know what to turn him into. And I don't want to choose it for myself necessarily, either, because I want this to be a genuine project. I want other people, namely my readers–both current and potential–to choose his transformation so that I can better picture the sensations and reactions he would feel during and after the change. I have several ideas for what he could become, and have devised ways to make it so that it can still fit with the plot elements I have already decided upon using, and it has all been written out in as simple a manner as I can manage on a poll that I am maintaining watch over to see what people will say. But I refuse to make the decision myself, and I can't get seem to get more than anywhere for four to ten votes at all. I'm sure this has to do with my small number of followers and a small number of parties interested on other sites, but I'm drawing close to my wits end! As I said, I refuse to give up on this project!

So, my friends and fellow writers and readers, I'm here to ask all of you if you will lend me just a moment of your time–a moment only!–to answer the poll. On it is a list of species that the boy could turn into, along with a description of every species' defining characteristics. You may choose any of them that you would like, but please vote. This will help me greatly, believe it or not.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that some of you will be interested in reading the project once it is truly begun.

Poll: Click here, please.

Perhaps, depending on whatever plot elements and structure you have chosen, your character's transformation could be considered by that? Say, they go to Ponyville first, they become a pony. There is a conflict with the griffins, turn them into a griffin. Does that help?

I would normally consider that heavily, except, well, the plot at its most basic is that something within Equestria destroyed it and left it in ruins, and this guy is supposed to help restore it somehow. I'm trying to keep most of the details held back until I am absolutely certain how it's going to start off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3