Author Support 2,069 members · 4,376 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

As the title states, I'm on the lookout for co-authors or pre-readers for my two stories. They are both going to be long-term projects and so, I offer a flexible schedule for anyone who's willing to work alongside me.

If you're interested and would like to know more about the stories, feel free to reply or PM me :twilightsmile:

Thank you for your time,

---Crystal Aura

7826736 Just to be clear, you're looking for slave labor, right?

If you look at it that way, then anyone who requests for a co-author/pre-reader is looking for slave labor :unsuresweetie:

7826741 Just last week I took on an editing job. However, the person actually paid me $ on my PayPal.

If you're from China, you might not know this yet, but there are alternatives to slave labor.

It's not like I'm forcing anyone to join me, they have every right to know what they're consenting to, what they're being paid in return, etc. If a person finds a post like mine (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one asking like this) and wants to join regardless of monetary payment, then it's his choice. If a person is looking for monetary payment, then they can just move onto something else, not call people out like this.

7826744 Yes, the best slaves are the willing ones.

I'm a selfish person, so wearing a collar and chains outside of the bedroom makes me feel uncomfortable.

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between threads that are looking for workers and threads that are looking for slaves, that's why I asked.

I hope you find many slaves to do your bidding.

Right... good day to you too :unsuresweetie:

I think there's a huge difference between a co-author to help you write who might not want to do an unlimited task for free, and a pre-reader/editor who will often do such a limited task for free. Asking for both in the same sentence may have projected the wrong impression.

Grammarly is the way to gošŸ‘ Don't forget you're also the one providing free labor to this site. It's no longer feasible to deal with real human editor as there are too little supply of editors.

This site, as a community is long dead, Long before even the creation of this account. You're lucky if you got any worthwhile replies at all. Only big ones still got somethings.

I want to asked you about this site's etiquette.
Isn't it better to combine it into one thread than spammed it into multiple threads? and The use of or in co-authors or pre-readers is pretty clear to me.

7850834 The fandom is dead, but the ideas keep haunting me. Why won't they stopā€½

Isn't it better to combine it into one thread than spammed it into multiple threads?

Not sure I understand your point as I never suggested spamming or multiple threads. My comment was simply addressing the ongoing conversation about "slave labor" and the different expectations in finding someone to help for free with the two very different types of tasks.

Asking for both in the same sentence may have projected the wrong impression.

The op uses the word 'or' and not 'and'. This mean the op is fine with a recruitee doing a single job, and not expected any single person to do both of those job alone.

See logic gate for clarification. 1 is true and 0 is false.

The op had to do this, otherwise, the op had to do two separate theads for each position.

And that's unnecessary waste of server's resource, a spamming by my standard.

7850994 Still, or does not exclude and. If she wanted exclusively one or the other, she would have used xor.

Thank you for your informative and pedantic answer, but, surprisingly, I know what "or" means. Perhaps you just just let it go now. You're only littering this thread with off-topic content.

Apologies to Crystal Aura for triggering all this clutter in your thread. 'Twas not my intention.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14