• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Mockingbirb
Group Admin

smolder becomes a coyote

yona becomes a sasquatch

ocellus becomes an android, or a cockroach

gustav le grande becomes julia child

Comment posted by Mockingbirb deleted Dec 7th, 2023

Not sure if I can/will compete, but if it pleases the court, I'd like to toss out one suggestion for more portal transformations. There's potential for a crossover, you see, that might have some traction.

Nightmare Before Christmas. The holiday portals.

Ponies or humans get tossed into the holiday portals, turned into scary ghouls, Easter Bunnies, or various types of arctic deer. The CMC, especially, would be funny. Apple Bloom as a moose, Sweetie Belle as a reindeer (like Velvet from TFH), and Scootaloo as a white-tail deer... which cannot fly, because it's not a reindeer, and very clearly so at a casual glance, despite what the owners of Rudolph would have you believe.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

I'm sorry that at first I didn't notice your question over here!

Not sure if I can/will compete, but if it pleases the court, I'd like to toss out one suggestion for more portal transformations. There's potential for a crossover, you see, that might have some traction.

Nightmare Before Christmas. The holiday portals.

Ponies or humans get tossed into the holiday portals, turned into scary ghouls, Easter Bunnies, or various types of arctic deer. The CMC, especially, would be funny. Apple Bloom as a moose, Sweetie Belle as a reindeer (like Velvet from TFH), and Scootaloo as a white-tail deer... which cannot fly, because it's not a reindeer, and very clearly so at a casual glance, despite what the owners of Rudolph would have you believe.

That's a great question. :twilightsmile:

As you probably know, on ONE hand we want to avoid generic crossover stories or "'isekai, 'displaced,' or 'You wake up in the Everfree still a human and then a timberwolf eats you.'" (link)

On the OTHER hand, it seems you're hoping to tell a story involving a portal between an MLP (or EqG) world and a version of one (or more) of those 'holiday themed worlds'...and especially about characters going through portal transformations that are interesting and amusing (deeply meaningful would be ok too), NOT bog standard generic.

:twilightsmile:

I consulted with a backup judge, who opines
> I think the holiday portals count, provided it's pony centric and not "one token pony" style.

So I really think you're in!
👍

P.S. It looks like you might plan to include more than one portal, and more than two worlds, which should also be fine. There's no rule intended requiring a specific number of portals.
:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4