The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 356 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 356
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Good catch.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I just know a certain someone is going to be pissed off knowing we're still doing that movie.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If those three couldn't do what they can to convince Spike there's a bright side, then there is a problem.

They are good at what they do.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Except during the early seasons when they tried too hard on certain activities and gave up on them just because they weren't getting their cutie marks for it. You don't just do something once and expect to accomplish it right away. It's like bowling: You don't always get the best score on the first swing, sometimes you get the dreaded gutterball. But the more you practice, keeping every part of your body straight, get comfortable with your control, until you feel comfortable enough to combine speed with accuracy (Also depending on the weight of the ball you're rolling)… you'll be lucky to get a 'spare' if you're not expected to get a strike on every ten rounds.

True, but they did learn from their mess-ups and became great helpers. Plus, I think they know how Spike feels about being looked down on.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

True. Apple Bloom usually sees the obvious solution easily overlooked by the mane cast and Applejack still downplays her ideas like she's just a little girl who don't know any better.

I hate it when AJ does that. She still treats Apple Bloom like a kid, even through she's growing up.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sometimes I always feel like Applejack acts more like Apple Bloom's mother, not the sister she 'needs'. I get their mother died, that'll happen to any older siblings under the pressure to carry the heavy burden. But still... one day, that's going to bite Applejack really hard. If not during the FIM series (Not even in the comics), it may happen during the 'Disney Chronicles'. Least it didn't happen during 'Pinocchio'... least not for now anyway.

Well, when the CMC trilogy gets near, maybe AJ will see sense.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'll see. Sooner or later, Applejack will have to put her stubborn pride aside and realize that Apple Bloom is not going to be that little farm girl forever. She's growing up and sooner or later, she may decide to strike out on her own someday.

Right. In fact, one idea I thought up once was that Applejack was worried that Apple Bloom would have a future where she's not it, hence why she acts overprotective.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Goofy had kind of a similar problem with Max, especially when he was going away to college. It wasn't so much a future where Goofy wasn't in Max's life, it was like what is Goofy going to do if Max is not apart of his own life anymore. We saw how he fell apart at the toy factory and lost his job because he could only think of Max. And all he had to do to get a job was to go back to college and get a degree. And of all the colleges he could've chosen, anywhere in his price range, he just happened to pick the college Max was going to.

So in this case it wasn't about being 'overprotective' over Max, it was more like going through the term as if Max never left home.

Imagine Applejack going through something like that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm imagining something all right... I know it will be a challenge not just for one sister, but both.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Then again, if we think that's rough, sometimes Rarity and Sweetie Belle have their share of communication issues. Like the times Sweetie Belle tries to help Rarity, even if she unintentionally makes mistakes, Rarity overlooks the 'bigger' picture of what Sweetie tried to do or she sees something as uncouth without at least giving it a try.

True, and all from one of my favorite episodes. And remember what Applejack said to Rarity...

Applejack (Chuckles)-Oh Rarity, once again you're thinkin' about yourself. Bein' sisters is a give and take. You've been doin' a whole lotta takin', but you haven't been doin' a whole lotta givin'.

Rarity-But of course I give. I give lessons. Reasonable demands.

Applejack-But ya never give in. Bein' sisters is like... apple pie. You can have amazin' apples, and you can have a wonderfully crispy crust, but only together you can have a perfect apple pie.

Rarity-But apart, all we are is just a pile of mush and some crumbly dry mess... [gasp] I know what I need to do! I just hope it isn't too late!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

How can I ever forget that episode? Sweetie Belle almost turned her back on Rarity and elected herself to have Applejack as 'her' sister instead and all because Rarity initially refused to attend the Sister Hooves Social with her.

I think next to Applejack and Apple Bloom, Rarity and Sweetie Belle also have good episodes with each-other, even if they don't see eye-to-eye sometimes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh absolutely. Which is why I do indeed look forward to the story in the 'Disney Chronicles' when Rarity and Sweetie Belle (And Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara too...) team together in an attempt to help Cinderella make her dreams come true.

And I can't wait to see how that goes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The movie that starts the Silver Era after a period of the Wartime era with the quote-on-quote 'movies' Disney could air in theaters at the time.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes... it's going to be interesting to see what shenanigans the ponies and their friends do with all their 'monster' friends.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Feb 22nd, 2021
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Jebens1 gave me a list of all his quotes for the CMC trilogy. I'll get to work on them later.

Here's the links to quotes I wrote for the CMC Trilogy. For you to add to the actual list, not make a separate one like you did with my other quotes.

1. link

2. Link

3. Link

4. Link

5. Link

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well least this definitely makes things easier in terms of organizing a 'proposal' for what to include for the 'Disney Chronicles'.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Apr 21st, 2021
Comment posted by Magic135 deleted Jun 17th, 2021
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

There needs to be a system to update this routinely in my absent.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... especially with so much going on we completely forgot about this.

Any ideas?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So far, no ideas yet...

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's all good. Something will turn up. Just finished up two projects for other clients, keeping myself busy.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What?! I haven't been updating the table contents on Enchanted? I thought I did. But I guess I didn't from the looks of it. Well... not time like the present.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

That should be enough for now.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Wasn’t there a scene of when Giselle sings “That’s how you know”?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Guess you've been so busy with everything else going on, must've slipped your mind. But to be fair that tends to happen some times.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

And there are gonna be tons of surprises in that story.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well let's hope there are tons of surprises. Course, we got a long ways to go until then.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Yes, there is.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah I do remember this one sequence written down. Probably lost in the midst of all those posts somewhere.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Looks like you might have to set a new one because who'd have guessed a comment has limits? Not those guys who make those mile-long comments on here that's for sure. But yeah, this should do just fine.

Perhaps you could divide the quotes currently existing by DIsney Era (Golden, Wartime, Silver, etc...). That way, it'll be less burdensome on the posts.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Just wait until this table of contents page gets a further chance to grow. What with all the movies we've still yet to make quotes for. And even if we had they're probably all buried deep in that Quote Suggestion thread.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I got it! (I regret it took me this long to figure out)

But quote suggestions with three upvotes or more, will automatically get posted here on this forum thread, for later to be included in the Table of Contents.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 356