The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 357 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 357

I like the Out There & Topsy Turvy.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Out There is one of the most beautiful songs ever put together for Disney. Though I'm mainly talking of the second part put together for Quasimodo.

There's the more darker version sung by Frollo, which goes on about the cruelty of the world and its inhabitants and how society will most likely treat Quasimodo due to his own deformities, that he'd be better off sheltered in the bell-tower. And all because Quasi wanted to go to the festival, even the excuse was wanting to spend more time with Frollo since he's the only one close to a father he's got.

The song Hellfire give me the chills everytime, that sound do good even if is a bit unsettling for a Disney film.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well of course. At the time Disney has NEVER done something as ballsy as promoting a song about the dangers of lust or tackling a subject such as the biblical themes made prevalent in this movie. If someone had said ages ago that Disney would do a feature based on one of Victor Hugo's most famous works of all time, no one would think it would be done. But they took a gamble on that project and it ended up being one of the most adult Disney films in history. So adult, even, that it's crazy anyone would try to make this a kids movie.

Yeah, the movie was a bit higher than the PG when they made it and at least, they didn’t add more to the fire like in the book right?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well they could've actually killed off Esmeralda.

She does die in the original source material. But, for whatever reason, Disney decided to give her a second chance at life.

How could they not? Esmeralda clearly was a character of strong conviction in the idea of true justice for all regardless of how they look OR how they were brought up, instead of the biased justice instilled by Judge Frollo which was shaped by his strict religious beliefs and his aversion to all that is considered "abnormal", seeing all as black and white by his vision.

What I'm MORE surprised about is the film not bringing up Frollo's own origins. In the original novel, Frollo was a pious and knowledgeable man whose studies led him into becoming the Archdeacon himself. However, he lost his own family from plague, leaving him to care for his surviving young brother, who grew up to become an alcoholic. And unlike the film, Frollo did genuinely care for Quasimodo and did not in fact turn evil until his own lust and jealousy drove him to his own madness.

Though, if I had to take my best origins and making it Disney-related, I would say that Frollo's experience in raising and protecting his own brother created a strong sense of responsibility in keeping him safe as the only member of his family he had left. Seeing his brother's drunkenness (and perhaps an event that led to his brother's offscreen demise) would have given Frollo a sense of loss of both family and of justice if a suspected criminal (possibly a gypsy) escaped before they could be questioned. The loss of his own brother and the hatred towards his direct and indirect killers would no doubt drive him further into his religious studies, all his anger being directed towards all forms of sin and those who resemble the very people who drove his own brother to drink and to death. The rage would only further be honed in and yet broadened out to all things against the social order of things, believing them to be a gateway to sin in any shape or form.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know when you put it that way, it would've actually made Frollo's motivations for being as he is a lot more stronger even for someone doomed to be a villain. But honestly, I don't think they really paid much attention to the source material instead they treated this nearly the same as they did with 'The Jungle Book'. They just picked a couple key details and decided to just do their own thing. now to be fair, some things from the book might have made the movie less of a kids feature but to be fair they already got a way with a lot for this movie. The push in religious themes, a few elements of drinking, a subtle smoking reference (Especially with that sausage during the 'A Guy Like You' musical sequence), and even the references of sin which most Disney movies wouldn't have the guts to say aloud. But they did it anyway and still, it was one of Disney's most enjoyable features during the 90s.

Well, I would figure that this is the opportunity that we have for the Chronicles: provide the villain's a little more substantial background info. After all, the best part of knowing a villain is HOW they came to be and what exactly DROVE them to their descent into darkness.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well that tactic can work for 'some' villains, except for the ones we already work on for the series. But yeah, as long as Dino sees the benefit of that, I'm sure he can ensure a few arrangements are in order.

I never thought of Judge Frollo origins be so sad that shape him and yet, he’s succumbed in his own version of justice.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No one who ever read the book that made the movie, and it's previous adaptations, so famous would ever have known about Judge Frollo's origins. When Disney fans look at him, all they see is a ruthless, scary old man who'd love nothing more than to see the people deemed wicked and purged so that the world can run as 'God' intended. When I say that's a load of bullshit.

I may not be a religious man, but if God hadn't meant for Gypsies to be around, he wouldn't have created man to begin with. But he did... And there'll always be folks like them around and yet they still have opportunities to be upstanding members of society as every other human born and bred to walk the Earth.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No! The table of content has exceeded its limit...I didn't know there was a limit...

Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Betrayal

cheerful9
Group Contributor

That's okay. At least you posted another one.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Yeah. Well, I guess I'll just have to find some way to compromise this issue.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Spike's Disney Trilogy

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A trilogy for the CMC huh? Yeah, I can kind of see that. Depends on the occasion.

Brerdaniel
Group Admin

A Goofy Movie huh? That could work

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

It was Jeb’s idea.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I love 'A Goofy Movie'. A father trying to reconnect with his son when he mistakenly believes he's turned into a rebel, but the son was really just trying to impress the love of his life and is forced to miss a watch party because he is dragged onto a fishing trip. Yet along the way, though the road is rough and Max does anything he can to use the trip as a means to get to the concert, you genuinely feel the bond between the two.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Someone help me out here. If we're going to make a Disney Chronicles of An Extremely Goofy Movie, where would we put it?

An Extremely Goofy Movie
Confronting Max Goof
Sugarcoat tells Goofy to let Max Go
Bradley cheated
After Max and the Shadowbolts win

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If there's a section marked for the 'Disneytoon Studios' listing that's where I'd put it. Otherwise, I would consider 'when' the movie was released and thereby positioning the flick between the films that we are already set to cover.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Wildcard25’s suggestion: If they reach the end of the book

Now, where/when to put it?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... That is the question isn't it? On one hand, it would almost make sense to have the last story be 'The Jungle Book' as that was the last movie that was supervised by Walt Disney himself (The others being the live action movie 'The Happiest Millionaire' and one of the three shorts that would later come together as 'The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh'... 'Four' if you count 'A Day for Eeyore').

HOWEVER... There are numerous ways this quote can be used. It can happen during the end of the Golden Era, especially when we get to 'Bambi' only for our heroes to realize that the best stories are still to come. OR... These features can occur during the end of the 'Renaissance' period considering those were among Disney best movies before we start realizing there would be other stories to come.

OR... It could happen by the 50th line-up in the 'Walt Disney Animation Studios Films' line-up that being 'Tangled' but just when we think that's the end... The series only grows bigger from there. I don't know it can occur during the 30th feature, the 40th, whatever... But please... Let's be creative about it.

They’re could be any of them suggestions might work. Like, after the story of each era ends with pages of a newer ones till the current period. After all, the journey they’re have experienced in their adventures just only becomes bigger each time and there’s no end of learning and enjoyment of the imagination world of Disney.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I just feel like that one quote feels 'very' special that it simply can't be repeated for 'every' story. I feel as if for this to work, it has to be so impactful that the reading audience thinks this is the end... only to receive the big WHAMMY when that foreshadow pops out.

Sort of, like a finale? It’s could be awhile for find a certain one to put for the series that we beloved.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hence why there should be a rather specific number then wouldn't it? Notice how I said '30th' in terms of Animated Features. As we know, the 20th animation film for Walt Disney was 'Beauty and the Beast', not only one of the greatest motion pictures in the Disney Renaissance but was arguably the greatest Walt Disney Animation feature because it's the 'only' one to have ever been nominated for 'Best Animated Feature' at the Oscars (Although many say 'Snow White' is the greatest because that's what started the trend in the first place).

Sure we have the additions of live action features and 3D animated features, as well as offshore projects to consider, but I think if there was an appropriate 'finale' or at least a decent spot to use that quote... 'This' would be it.

That’s sound like a good one, you think Dino would like this idea or he’s has other plan for the ‘qoute’? I sincerely hope he’s doing ok, not be bothered by anything while working on the current one.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Whatever Dino does ultimately decide is entirely up to him. I am but a humble servant when it comes to his work, I merely follow as he instructs accordingly. It is not my place to determine what's best for his work or not. At the end of the day, he's the narrator and only he can decide which quote to use or not regardless how many, good or bad, we come up with.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

7332272 Yeah I mean that quote would look like it'd be saved for up to the present time following the movies Onward or Soul, but that would take years and by then the MLP characters would already be in their series finale points in life. So perhaps it's best to be used after the point of a certain era like following the end of the Renaissance age and going into the Post Renaissance age or Second Dark Age as they call it

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... The Second Dark Ages is an appropriate word. Not to say all those movies at the time were awful, by all means 'no'. But suffice to say, they weren't as strong as the movies that emerged during the Renaissance.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Although it would be during this time while Walt Disney Animation Studios was struggling that it was Pixar putting together some amazing movies during those years. Most of them dominating in the Academy Award Ceremonies for 'Best Animated Feature'.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So much for this ideaRaya and the Last Dragon

1. What-If: Sisu fixes Spike’s transformation
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There is potential in such a concept to take place. Hopefully once the movie is out and about, there will be a ton to work with.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I may need help with finding all of the quote suggestions made by jebens1.

I think I forgot to add a few in the Table of Contents.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... that's going to be a bit tough. They're undoubtedly scattered all over that folder.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No worries. Somehow, Jebens1 managed to find them and DM me with this list:

Sword In The Stone

Wizard's Duel Winner

Robin Hood

Saving Robin/Tent Train/Drunk Sir Hiss

Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh

Wallflower Meets Eeyore/Tigger and Pinkie Bounce Everyone

(By the way, what was that disney/pixar movie you were talking about that could have Wallflower in? Cause I was thinking she could be in Monsters Ink, along with Smolder and Garbel. She could also be in Monsters University.)

Little Mermaid

Enter Flotsam & Jetsom, and the Dazzlings

Aladdin

Prince Ali

Mulan

Keep Em Guessing

Hercules

Spike Defeats Hades

Home On The Range

CMC's Nightmare

Yodeling/CMC have had enough.

(These aren't mine, but their for after my dialog above this)

Spur and Biscuit Apologize

Meet The Robinsons

Time Machine Backstory

Double Plot Twist

Cars

Lightning and Dash's new pit crew

Zootopia

Naturalist Club

Meeting Mr. Big

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well now... that takes care of that. I read quite a few of them and I definitely see some potential.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We were going to have to fit Tron somehow. That is sure to be quite an adventure for the girls.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I haven't watched Atlantis: The Lost Empire in a long time, so I don't remember the placement for this scene:

Meeting Vinny

This part happens before the adventure in the ocean begins.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's been a long time for myself too. But least with Disney+ I can see the movie as often as I please.

Don't forget Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 357