The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 154 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 154
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If Dino has a plan on how to bring back King Sombra, it would be unwise to question his decisions.

Comment posted by Toonwriter deleted Apr 16th, 2022
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I was just thinking the Dazzlings too. I would say any other guest villain, but let's face it we don't have a ton of other undersea villains from the series. And besides, in case Ursula's singing skills with Ariel's voice isn't enough, if there are three girls who are experts at controlling clueless dudes with their singing voices it's the Dazzlings.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Sunset Shimmer could also be a good choice for Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh sure, Sunset is always a good choice. Any chance to have Sunset featured in additional segments will prove that she's one of the most popular guest stars in the entire series. Plus, I think she can relate with Quasimodo's struggle with his yearning to experience acceptance from outside the comfort of his bell tower and yet is afraid because he has been told no one would love him because he's a freakish outcast. Sunset in a way is kind of an outcast beforehand, she came in initially a pony transformed into a human and though she was a fish out of water it didn't take long to take control of the school... But not in a good way. She may not be ugly on the outside, but you have to wonder if she still has concerns of an ugliness on the 'inside' no matter how much she tells herself 'Her Past Is Not Today'.

Comment posted by Toonwriter deleted Apr 16th, 2022
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now hold the phone here. We already have enough guest stars as it is and they just did a trailer. This is exactly why 'Pooh's Adventures' started going out of business...

Quantity over Quality

That's what drove the series down; we can't let that happen with this series... Not at it's earliest state.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So in light of Dragon Dropped, I wonder if Gabby would be interested in some Disney adventures? Especially with her best friend, Spike?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure there's a spot for Gabby somewhere along the line of the series. It hasn't been determined exactly which movie would be appropriate, but she has potential. Not to mention with the chemistry that she and Spike shares, it almost proves worthy competition for the whole 'Sparity' ordeal. Even if she's not a featured character, she can always start out small with a few background scenes or two.

For sure Gabby will be place somewhere in the stories that Dinos will know, after all she’s a very good Griffin among griffins.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Certainly better than Gilda that's for sure. I guess it all depends on which stories would work best for her character. Not like Spike and Gabby will start dating after the series ends.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now that I had browsed through SnakeyThingy’s gallery on DA, I’m now thinking Saffron Masala would be another guest character for Aladdin.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I don't know, maybe. I mean she does seem to fit the landscape rather nicely. Although I'm not sure if there's that big of a difference between Persian culture and Indian, even though there seems to be some similarities. If anything, a middle eastern setting seems rather fitting for the young chef.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

She would make use of the marketplace, specially if there's a stand that sells plenty of spices. But if she were to be involved in this adventure, it's not to be because the landscape fits her or because she's a fan favorite. Every guest star has a story and purpose going into these worlds. But so far, we barely agree on which guest star is appearing. Some still argue that Somnambula should be heavily involved because he's only thinking of himself and not how we feel.

So many guests for Aladdin is tough cause I like those characters joined in the fun too. But, I suppose the guest must have some purpose and a lesson be learned by both sides.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's why we have to decide whether we want to deploy a guest ensemble or not, while narrowing down the options carefully. Remember Brerdaniels, as talented as he is, easily fell in the trap of casting SO MANY guest stars all at once. Most of which for no specific purpose other than the fact it seemed he had no confidence that Pooh and his friends could handle the adventure themselves. At least that's what I think, I spent years watching all those crossovers and I've had so many nitpicks of it... But not to the extreme of course.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Every guest star has a story and purpose going into these worlds.

Let's see, what do we know about Gabby? What are her perks? And what are her quirks?

Gabby is a griffin and a sweet one at that, unlike the other griffins who are more rude, ill-tempered, and such. Completely opposite of her. She's best friends with Spike and the CMC. I still find it amusing how Gabby can still make Rarity jealous over Spike, without even trying.

Her perks: She's very eager to please both her friends and clients. She's very talented, as demonstrated in this musical number.

Find Your Purpose In Life

Her quirks: As demonstrated in both her featured episodes The Fault in Our Cutie Marks and Dragon Dropped, she's very sensitive, if not insecure at times. Especially when she felt that she's disappointed the CMC after all their hard works, and when she thought Spike had walked out on her in favor of Rarity. Also, she can be a little too excited.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes that best describes Gabby in a nutshell. Course it's due to her sweet nature where sensitivity plays a bit of a factor in her character. She strives to learn everything and make folks around her happy, yet she tries so hard caring for others that she hardly seems to care for herself. If I were in Gabby's position and I saw someone who was a really good friend suddenly doing things with someone else when they said they were 'tired', I'd be pretty mad myself. And I think why she seems to be a foil for Rarity because it's that unawareness of how irresistible she is as opposed to someone like Rarity who strives to look perfect and appeasing for any stallion she comes across. Do I see Gabby and Spike getting hitched? Difficult to say but at least it goes to prove Spike doesn't always have to require a story that centers on Rarity.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The guest list

I may have an idea to put the CMC in Lilo and Sitich (since the theme around the movie is family)

...maybe...

Brerdaniel
Group Admin

We'll see how it goes for them.

Some movies I didn’t even know were on the list, James and the Giant Peach, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well this list has either been updated or the projects has always been there but haven't been discussed as thoroughly and then some. But yeah, despite the fact that the two movies in question were made under a separate Disney brand, they were partly included because they 'pass' enough as Disney. Especially since NBC has made several cameos for the 'Kingdom Hearts' series. The same didn't apply for 'The Giant Peach' but that's besides the point.

For A Goofy Movie, I know there's a quote involving the CMC and the EG version of the Mane Six...

But perhaps for this caper, the Young Six might have a shot at guest-starring, giving that they totally understand the adolescent struggles on Max's level~ Plus, they would considerably be at odds with the Mane Six (especially if they thought that their own students had taken a questionable turn after hearing Mazur's overexaggerated report).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Nothing has really been set in stone as of this time. Most of these suggestions are really just speculations from the fans.

Until we do get the final word on what Dino wants, especially if a trailer is planned out, only then will we know who's likely going to appear.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Another from jebens1.

Here's a list of guest stars for the pooh movies.

Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh: Wallflower. Starswirl (as the narrator, maybe). and the CMC (cause it's a breather Adventures for them and they can make friends with Roo) I think it should Mashup The search for Christopher Robin in it. (But that's up to all of you.)

Tigger Movie: Apple and Pie family. Maud Briar. Grand Pear. And Sugarbelle. (Cause the movie focuses on the meaning of family.)

Piglet's Big Movie: Pipsqueak (cause he can relate to Piglet about being small). Wallflower & the CMC (flashback in Piglet's memory)

Spring Time With Roo: Starlight. (Cause it's based off a Christmas Carol, and Starlight played a roll to Scroge)

Pooh's Heffalump Movie: (Part of the CMC Trilogy) The CMC, and maybe Aunt Holiday & Lofty.

Winnie The Pooh 2011: Maud Pie. The Young Six. Wallflower (when Pooh and Tiger vist her)

Christopher Robin: Wallflower and the CMC (so it comes full circle.)

That's something to think about for these movies.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

What about 'Pooh's Grand Adventure'? Not thing we're likely going to do the movie, but it was one of my favorite Pooh features growing up. Sure, it wasn't perfect by any means and it was dark especially for a 'Pooh' project. But it's notable for having some of the most beautiful songs you cannot find in any karaoke joint ('Wherever You Are').

well I'm currently looking over 2000 Leagues Under the Sea for the first time and it definitely feels like a good one to single out amongst the live-action films, particularly the older ones. Kind of feels like we need to have at least one hippogriff, If not within the events of the story itself then at least in the prologue or epilogue. Overall I'm interested what the ponies will add to the events of the film; particularly the underwater scenes, the initial encounter with the Nautilus, the giant squid, the "Whale of a Tale" number, and any comparing/contrasting philosophies with Captain Nemo. Definitly feels like one to embrace your inner Verniac with.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The first time I ever heard 'Whale of a Tale' was on one of those 'Disney Sing-A-Long' videos. It wasn't the complete song, but it was entertaining to listen to.

After watching Luca, I am debating on either Thorax and Silverstream be the guest star for Luca.

For Thorax, he can sympathize with Luca and Alberto since he was in same situation as them when he was temporarily disguise as a Crystal pony since The Crystal Empire didn't have great impression with Changelings before Spike convince them of giving Thorax a chance.

But Silverstream can understand them since she spend most of her life living under the sea and wanting to go to the dry land before Queen Novo let her and the rest of hippogriffs go to the dry land which leads her forming friendship with Young Six.

After all, Mane Six probably don't know what was like to hiding their disguise in a town that hate creatures like sea monsters?

I'm not throwing many guest star suggestions, I only pick the one that I think could sympathize with the characters and what they go through.

Just saying.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way, it does make sense why those two particular characters would even be 'considered' for such a project. After all, it is natural for them to sympathize over how tough it must be for those boys to spend some time hiding under a 'mask' just to visit a town that hates their species. A changeling who spent some time in disguise because at the time the ponies only remember his species as their greatest enemy and Silverstream probably wanted to see more of the surface world, especially where her kind did grow up, but at the time was forced into hiding due to The Storm King's initial wrath. They can imagine just how tough it is for these boys especially since they are not only putting themselves in Jeopardy just to have an amazing summer together, but they more than likely are putting their kind at great risk...

Unless... they are the last of their kind.

Dinodisneylover1
Group Admin

Hocus Pocus and The Haunted Mansion are also gonna have special guests that aren't My Little Pony related. Dramamaster and Extremeenigma are the only ones who know who they are since I kinda want to keep it a surprise.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's right. Dino told the two of us 'exactly' who he has in mind for those movies. And until they are set to come out, the three of us agreed to keep quiet about it until further notice.

Hey, here's an idea for one more guest star for Treasure Planet, just one Dramamaster. Human Rainbow Dash. If Sunset and the Dazzlings are in it, who says that other Equestria Girls characters can't join in as well, the other Rainbooms included.

I got the idea from remembering reading something just like this on Fanfiction. Mane Six goes Disney: Treasure Planet. In that, the author ships Jim with Rainbow Dash. So maybe the same can go for human Rainbow Dash. I think it would be kinda of cute. And it would be nice for Jim to have some romantic support in addition to the fatherly support he get's from Long John. Of course, Human Dash would denie that she likes him, but the signs would be obvious.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I don't know about including the 'Human' Rainbow Dash. Then again, I do not have a say as to who should be included if and ONLY if we need guest stars at all. But having a buddy-buddy relationship between Rainbow Dash and Jim on the other hand... yeah I could see some potential there.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

For Luca, the guest stars should be Queen Novo, Terramarr, and the CMC.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They are not 'terrible' ideas. If anything, it would give the Sea Ponies a bit of something to do.

Comment posted by cheerful9 deleted Sep 30th, 2021
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

And Gilda, since Alberto goes all crazy jealous when his only friend starts wanting to be with someone else, she could relate to how he feels when Rainbow Dash chose her Ponyville friends over her

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'Maybe'. Though suffice to say their personalities are slightly different. Yet even so, the one connection Gilda could make with Alberto is jealousy when their one best friend suddenly starts expressing an interest in hanging with someone else and surprisingly Alberto has a bit of a temper. Course, just as we've seen that Alberto's upbringing was not as pleasant as he made it out to be, who's to say Gilda had it any better?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Autumn Blaze in Wall-E the reason I chose her because kirin normally live in nature like forests so imagine her face when she sees an earth polluted in Garbage plus kirin don't speak so she will get along with Wall-E sense he's not much of a talker

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

She would certainly not be rather happy I will say this much. A whole planet reduced to stacks of garbage so high that they might as well be skyscrapers. Of smog-filled skies and dried up specks of land where water used to be. Certainly not a planet I'd want to live in.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Also two guest characters not related to mlp

1 i need to be on Disney Chronicles more often

2 I guess they must be Disney Characters because with Jimmy in fantasia i can believe there would be guests outside of mlp

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It wouldn't be such a bad set of stipulations. I mean it really does make sense. Especially with more inclusion of Jiminy Cricket after the 'Pinocchio' adventure. He's been living with the MLP girls since he's no longer needed for the puppet-turned-boy.

I recommend having Daring Do in Jungle book to fit the atmosphere

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We've already made a commitment as far as who's going to guest star in that movie. We don't want to go 'Pooh's Adventures' again.

I think I know three guest stars for the upcoming movie Encanto.

Scootaloo and Zephyr Breeze. Scootaloo can relate Mirabell since she's the only Pegasus who can't fly. And Zephyr can relate cause he feels inferior to his sister Fluttershy. And everypony expect her thinks he's a loser. And Sunburst since he couldn't do all the spells he learned about.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 154