The Unified Creators Alliance 494 members · 1,821 stories
Comments ( 276 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 276

It turned out my gut was wrong, but I was pulling more for the Rams. I like Joe Burrow with the guts and skill he showed not just in the Super Bowl (taking seven sacks but almost won) but in the playoffs by taking nine sacks against the Titans and still was able to pull off a win the end, not flinching with the Bengals was down 21-3 at halftime in the AFC Conference Championship game. But with all Sam Stafford went through with the Lions, I found myself pulling for him as the game went on.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I'm not upset that the Rams won, I just would have liked to see the Bengals win. I just hope the Bengals can stay consistent and damn it, get Burrow an offensive line. He needs one, bad. If they can get him an O-Line similar to what Montana had in the late 80s or what Terrell Davis ran behind in the late 90s, he won' have to worry about getting sacked all the time and maybe be able to win the title, of course you know I'll be pulling for Buffalo first.

I was thinking he needs a better O-line too. He's going to be killed in the backfield if he keeps having so many sacks, especially in one game, and he even looked like he got hurt again later in a leg (or ankle) in the Super Bowl.

StormLuna
Group Admin

And if they don't get him an O-line, his career will be far shorter than it should be. A lot of people don't like drafting offensive linemen in the first round but I think the Bengals should consider it, especially at right tackle or right guard given that is their weak spot.

I think they should at least consider it too. I'm even hoping the Panthers take an OL in the first round, or at least don't overreach for a QB in the first round.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yeah they could probably use one too....that is a position that is often overlooked. There should still be some great linemen by the time the Bengals would get to pick, it isn't like they're looking for QBs, WRs or RBs.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Trade package:

Seattle gets QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick.

Denver gets Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick.

Holy shit. One of those draft picks gotta be Malik Willis or imma act up. No way am I going to stand for Metcalf, Lockett, and Fant suffering from Drew Lock.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Drew Lock? You guys better draft yourselves a good QB this year....Lock is sub-par at best, downright awful most of the time.....I do think Denver giving up those two first round draft picks is a bad idea though. I know Wilson is good but giving up that much for him, not the best idea.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Either Seattle drafts Malik Willis/Sam Howell, or they draft Sauce Gardner to tank and go for Bryce Young or CJ Stroud next year.

Could also pick up Cam Newton in FA.

I didn't hear about that mega-deal until I came on the site:pinkiegasp: I heard about how Wilson wanted out of Seattle, but I really wasn't sure if a trade would actually happen. I can't help but wonder if the Seahawks having a bad season last year helped the trade happen since it might have made the Seahawks more willing to trade him than if they had made the playoffs.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

One thing to remember is that Russ wanted Mahomes money. Now that Rodgers signed a much bigger contract, Russ will demand even more. Draining cap money that could be actually used in positions of need.

For someone who’s unhappy with the Seahawks, he isn’t being much of a team player by denying Seattle much-needed money.

First game of the preseason starts tonight. Thoughts about the upcoming season?

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well I'm hoping Buffalo can win it all this year, I'd love to see Josh Allen win a ring. Regarding the season as a whole, I just hope Tom Brady doesn't win another ring.

I wouldn't mind seeing Allen win a ring, but when it looked like Brady was finally gone, he had to come back for (hopefully) his last year.

StormLuna
Group Admin

He'll be like the Gene Simmons of football, keep on playing until he croaks. KISS has had multiple "farewell tours" and we always see how that turns out. Hell I think he should have retired when he quit on the Patriots. One thing he will never be able to erase though is his final play as a Patriot being a pick-six.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Florida State got the shaft when it comes to the college football playoff. They finish 13-0 but just because their starting QB had a season ending injury the playoff committee makes some shitty claim about how "they're not the same team as they were earlier." What the real thing is that they simply wanted an excuse to put Alabama in because well, they're Alabama. Luckily next year when the college playoffs expand to twelve teams, you won't see undefeated teams getting the shaft just so they can put their precious Crimson Tide (who the rest of the country hates) in.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39033995/michigan-washington-texas-alabama-vie-title

Alabama will play Michigan in the semi-finals and I hope Michigan crushes them....Go Wolverines!

StormLuna
Group Admin

What are your thoughts on Florida State getting the shaft and the current happenings in the NFL playoff race?

I haven't kept up too much with college football lately so I don't yet know too much about what happened with Florida State to form an opinion. It sounds like it was messed up though.

As for the NFL playoff race, it's gotten interesting. The Eagles blew it against the Seahawks so my Cowboys still have a shot to steal the NFC East from them. As much as I hated seeing the Cowboys get their asses kicked by the Bills, at least it would help get some more hate off Josh Allen. I thought he got too much heat due to the Bills' disappointing season and I would like to see them slip into the playoffs.

Side note I don't know who gave your comment a thumbs down, but it wasn't me.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Basically what happened was that Florida State's QB got hurt a couple weeks back and the playoff committee made up some bullshit about how they "aren't the same team" and that is why they chose Alabama, despite having one loss, over them.

I didn't know you were a Cowboys fan. Being a 49ers fan, you probably know how I feel about your Cowboys. And I also like the Bills so I was happy to see the outcome of that game. And when it comes to Josh Allen, there is a lot of hate towards him because he isn't having as good of a year as he has in years past and the Bills as a whole could very well miss off on the playoffs. What we will have to do is hope for Bills wins and Dolphins losses.

I didn't even pay attention to the thumbs down. Hell I didn't even know anyone even paid attention to this thread. I will admit that I miss Fudge and whoever else it was that took part in these sports threads. I'm glad to see that you're still around though.

Basically what happened was that Florida State's QB got hurt a couple weeks back and the playoff committee made up some bullshit about how they "aren't the same team" and that is why they chose Alabama, despite having one loss, over them.

Ohh. I mean, I kinda get where they were coming from, but yeah it does feel kinda wrong.

But I'm surprised I never told you I'm a Cowboy fan. In truth, they're my #2 team since my #1 team is the Panthers, but the Panthers didn't exist when I first started watching football as a kid. I don't really hate the 49ers despite how they've been owning the Cowboys as of late and I was sick for days over how bad they kicked our asses earlier this year, but I gotta at least thank them for beating the Eagles and giving the Cowboys a fighting chance to steal the NFC East from the Eagles.

I still can't believe the Brock Purdy story though. The guy went from being the 3rd string QB who had to fight just to make the 53-man roster to coming in, made the 49ers offense look better once he took over and never lost last year, and could have become the 1st-ever rookie QB to start a Super Bowl if he didn't get hurt early in the NFC Championship Game vs the Eagles. Then to top it all off, he wasn't a rookie who was a 1st or even a mid-round pick, but a rookie who was the last pick AKA Mr. Inrelevant in his draft! No matter how great a team a rookie QB might be on, what Prudy did is the kind of stuff you only see in fiction!

Comment posted by StormLuna deleted January 29th
StormLuna
Group Admin

The 49ers did it again! They overcame a 17 point deficit against Detroit to win the NFC Championship and are Super Bowl bound!

I will say this, Dan Campbell's decision to go for it on 4th down and 2 mid way through the third quarter KILLED THEM. They could have got three more points but instead they gave the Niners momentum and ultimately, the game. Now they have to face KC. If they play against KC the same way they played against Detroit in the second half, they've got this!

I saw, and it's something how (if I heard and remember right) the only other team to come back from a 17-point deficit was the 49ers themselves. But yeah, Campbell's habit of going for it on 4th down so much bit him in the ass at the worst time. KC vs 49ers should be something else.

By the way, did you hear some fans claim the Super Bowl was rigged to be the Ravens vs 49ers, apparently due to how some Super Bowl flag or something had the colors of the Ravens & 49ers?

StormLuna
Group Admin

I generally think he is kind of nuts going for it on 4th so much to start with but doing it in the conference championship game where points are at a premium? That is beyond nuts and yeah KC/SF will be a good Super Bowl. You know who I'm pulling for.

Yes I did hear the wacked out conspiracy theories involving the colors in the super bowl logo. It has purple and red in it, that is why they were saying it would be Ravens/49ers. After that AFC game, I took to FB and made fun of the conspiracy theorists before getting off of my computer entirely to watch the NFC Championship.

But to be fair to 'ol Campbell, any bold or gutsy call tends to look worse or even dumb when it fails. Unless it was a really dumb call even for the bravest coaches (like when Campbell actually tried to go for 2 from the 7-yard line against the Cowboys in Week 16 instead of kicking it and playing for OT). It's something I only recently thought about, but I sometimes say that a questionable call is a gutsy call that fails so it's almost always questioned, and a gutsy call is a questionable one that works, so it's rarely if never questioned. Off the top of my head, I'd say Sean Payton calling for a surprise onside kick on their kickoff to start the second half, and recovering it, in Super Bowl XLIV falls under the "questionable call that works" category.

But if I were still on FB I probably would have poked fun at the conspiracy theorists too. Especially about how. late in the 4th question Ravens/Chiefs game, the refs didn't call a PI call when a Ravens' player was held and kept from going after a potentially catchable ball. You'd think the zebras would have jumped to throw a flag if the Ravens really were "rigged" to win to up their chances of making their own comeback.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Regarding the no-call on the PI, some people thought that the game was rigged before it started because the officiating crew that was assigned to the game tends to oversee more road team victories than home team victories. In my eyes, it is likely just a coincidence but some people are thinking they can draw in more Taylor Swift fans if KC is playing. Personally I was happy over the no-call because I think KC will be an easier opponent than Baltimore would have been. I saw that 49ers/Ravens game on Christmas Eve and that is what caused me to have concerns. Well that and Baltimore was on a hot streak until yesterday.

I swear though, Brock Purdy looked more like Steve Young last night with how he was scrambling and picking up first downs on plays that were looking like they were going to be a loss. I just hope that he can keep it up in the Super Bowl. If he can beat you with his legs and arm, that will make him harder to defend.

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 276