Green Bay 31

Buffalo 27
Kansas City 20

Those are mine, what are yours?

Tampa Bay: 24
Green Bay: 20

Buffalo 27
Kansas City 34

I want the Bills to win, but I have to give my pick to win to the Chiefs.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I'm watching the NFC title game right now and I sure the hell don't want to see Tampa win. If they do, they'll be playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium. Brady has won enough as it is, he doesn't need the advantage of getting to play at home.

I have faith in Buffalo, I think they can pull this off. I know most people are picking KC but I have a feeling the Bills will win.

Oh and touchdown Green Bay!

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Need Rodgers to pull off a comeback and for the Bills to make my KC neighbors shut up.

Seriously dude. You’re in a neighborhood with a lot of young kids playing outside. Don’t yell “fuck yeah motherfuckers!” and “go back to Cleveland bitches”

Also this dude and his friends park their cars in front of everyone’s houses and he’s always blasting music from his speakers like an earphone doesn’t exist. We’ve called the cops on this dude, especially when he violates COVID protocol by hosting parties every 1-2 weeks, but the cops never show up.

My city is actually very safe. That doesn’t mean the fucking cops get to slack off.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Things aren't looking good for GB right now....God I hope they can come back and win this. I'm so sick of hearing about Tom Brady all the damn time. I'm wearing my Josh Allen jersey to hopefully give the Bills some good luck. Fun fact: He went to the University of Wyoming, my mom worked at the cafeteria back in the day so she has literally fed him. Pretty cool, eh? OH SHIT, TAMPA SCORED ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN.

When it comes to the neighborhood, those parents need to realize their kids will learn cuss words eventually, why not early?

Damn, house parties every 1-2 weeks. That idiot needs to be locked up for that shit. Well that is good your city is safe....you mean when it comes to crime or Covid?

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Crime at least. Hard to say for COVID, but everyone’s pretty relaxed. At least except for the kids who think they’re hard af when they’re driving Mercedes-Benz and they live up in the rich neighborhoods.

As a USC fan, hard to not root for Ronald Jones. Also Bobby Wagner is from my area. My anatomy teacher taught him when he was in high school.

Eric Weddle, Anthony Munoz, Kawhi Leonard, Barry Bonds, Reggie Miller, Ronda Rousey, Troy Percival, Rollie Fingers, Sugar Shane Mosley, the Ball Brothers, and Landon Donovan all came from my area, the Inland Empire. Those are just the athletes.

There are others like Frank Zappa, the Earp Brothers lived in San Bernardino, Snoop Dogg used to live in Claremont, Lyndon B. Johnson used to be an elevator operator in San Bernardino, etc.

Fuck, now that I think of it, San Bernardino had some famous people. Now the city’s gone to shit. Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Ontario, Chino Hills, Riverside, etc. are having it good.

...And now Tom Brady's going to be in his 10th Super Bowl. GB almost came back.

Fun fact: He went to the University of Wyoming, my mom worked at the cafeteria back in the day so she has literally fed him. Pretty cool, eh?

That is pretty cool.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well this game is shot all to hell.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

K for the first time ever, I’ll be rooting for Tom Brady

I'm not even sure who I'm going to be rooting for in the SB now. Maybe the Chiefs, since I don't really dislike the Chiefs.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I honestly don't know who I will pull for. I don't care for the Chiefs but at the same time, I don't want to see Brady win a 7th ring.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well guys it is Super Bowl Sunday again. Any predictions for the game?

I'm picking Tampa to win 31-28.

This is too much of a toss up for me, but if I were to try to make a prediction, I'll pick the Chiefs to win 24-27.

StormLuna
Group Admin

You're picking a field goal game too I take it? The Bucs are underdogs in this game and Brady is 3-0 when he is an underdog.

Pone_Heap
Group Contributor

I've got a $20 square on a $500 chart at work says Bucs over Chiefs, 27-24. And another with the same winner at 28-21.

$500 to whoever wins (Except for these four guys that each threw $5 at five squares, they'd get $125).

StormLuna
Group Admin

I don't even know how that square thing even works. Good luck though.

Fudgebrownie
Group Contributor

I agree with Pinked.

Fudgebrownie
Group Contributor

It is a literal chart 25 spaces in size. Someone either writes in predictions and people pay for the square with the prediction they want or buy a square and write their own prediction. The winner gets all the money but if none are correct everyone gets back their $20 per square.

We have an 8 by 8 chart at work but it is only $10 a square. I wrote in KC 27-24. We can write in spreads and stuff too but not just the winner. My other squares are the spread being 3 and the spread being 5. 5 is a strange number but I do it every year. I think it only happened in 1982. :rainbowlaugh:

Sadly, I think 2 others chose the same score as me and 4 chose a spread of 3, so we would have to divide.

If more than 1 square is correct we divide the $640 evenly.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well good luck to you. I'm just watching the game and hoping it will turn out the way I hope. I'm not happy over the AFC title game and I'm STILL pissed over last year's Super Bowl. Despite Brady already having six rings, that is why I want to see Tampa win. I know it may sound odd but hey, I've despised the NY Giants since January of 1991 because of Montana getting injured in the NFC title game. Yeah, I hold grudges when it comes to sports.

Pone_Heap
Group Contributor

Multiple divisions happened at a job I had in 2011. Big chart. 10 by 10.

$2000 was up for grabs, and nine people guessed the spread, 6 points, and three guessed the score, 31 to 25 in favor of Green Bay. $166.67 to each of them. I wasn't among any of them. :rainbowlaugh:

I thought the idea of Pittsburgh getting 25 points was insane, but one guy threw down $20 on it, and two others did the same. I mean how many times do you see a score of 25? Maybe once every couple years, if that. It was the only time it happened in the Super Bowl.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well 21-6 right now. I'm hoping Tampa can keep it up.....and damn KC is killing themselves with penalties. I'm hoping they'll keep it up, especially # 32. He seems very frustrated right now.

Pone_Heap
Group Contributor

Yeah, this is unexpected. 28-9, Chiefs. I don't think anyone at work's going to be making money unless we see a big change. Seriously, not a single square even comes close to what we're seeing.

StormLuna
Group Admin

31-9 final. So many people were saying that Mahomes would torch the Tampa defense but they couldn't get anything going, not a single touchdown. I have long denied this but after tonight, Brady is the GOAT. Whole new team, new coach yet he STILL wins the Super Bowl.

That game was a bit of a letdown, but that Tampa Bay defense was tenacious. The first time Patrick Mahomes lost by double digits if I heard right.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yep and this was only the second time a team didn't score a touchdown in a Super Bowl ( Dallas 24, Miami 3 in Super Bowl VI). I will say this, I enjoyed this game....and one thing so many people forgot, Brady never loses Super Bowls when he is the underdog. One thing I am hoping for is that stadiums can at least be half-full come August when the pre-season gets here.

Pone_Heap
Group Contributor

Yeah, I don't think anyone was anticipating this. I bet there were good odds on such a score, though. Someone made a small fortune. :derpytongue2:

I just looked over out betting square for work, and none of the squares are winners. None. Everyone gets their $20 back. The biggest spread covered was only 16 to 20 points. No square had more than 20 points for the spread.

StormLuna
Group Admin

At least you get your $ 20 back.

Pone_Heap
Group Contributor
Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Free Agency almost there bois

Also if you think about it, Jared Goff is still alive today because of this Richard Sherman hit

StormLuna
Group Admin

Free agency had completely skipped my mind since I'm having a lot of other things going on right now involving my family.

Oh yeah, it's getting close to free agency frenzy. That's always fun.

Going through a rough patch huh? Are you all right?

StormLuna
Group Admin

What is going on are things that are better discussed via private message.

I see. Well, if you ever need to talk or rant but it's about something you don't want out in public, feel free to send me a PM.

StormLuna
Group Admin

That it is. Sorry I didn't see this sooner but I'm hoping for a great season.

StormLuna
Group Admin

You guys paying attention to the Buffalo game? They are KILLING Houston 33-0.

I saw the final score about an hour ago, and man did they kill them! That's the Bills' second shutout win this season, right?

StormLuna
Group Admin

I know. Next week is a big test when they have to face Kansas City....oh I'd love to see Buffalo win that game....I'd love to see Josh Allen do for Buffalo what Jim Kelly couldn't, win a super bowl.

The way he's playing, the odds seem good that he'll get the Bills a Super Bowl sooner or later. Especially if that defense can keep that level of play up or at least slow down Mahomes.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yeah, if they can keep Mahomes in check, I have a feeling that there is a good chance that it won't just be Buffalo celebrating. People here would be celebrating too because he was a very well liked player. I didn't live here back when Novacek was part of the Dallas super bowl victories but I'm sure they were happy for him. So far, Allen is the most successful NFL QB to come out of Wyoming.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Dub is a dub. Seattle should’ve had a more comfortable win but a close game is on brand.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Ugh, I forgot about Seattle winning today....gag me.

That Bucs/Pats game was a close one. I don't think I've ever heard a fallball hitting the goal-post that loud before.

StormLuna
Group Admin

That was disappointing for sure but yeah, that was loud....very loud.

Bills pulled off an impressive victory against the Chiefs.

I can't believe the Panthers let the Eagles come back to win. They know that was a game they shouldn't have lost, but they fall apart.

The Seahawks are in trouble with Wilson out for at least a month, unless Geno Smith ends up surprising us.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yeah, I was concerned that delay at halftime would hurt their momentum but they kept on going. I'm hoping that this will be the game that will give them homefield advantage. Yes it is still way too early to be thinking about that but it does give them an edge....and Allen was playing great. Hopefully the Bills can keep this up throughout the rest of the season.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Geno Smith redemption tour

Either way, Ken Norton Jr should be fired and Pete Carroll should retire.

Next HC should be:

-Shane Waldron
-Joe Brady
-Eric Bieniemy
-Brian Daboll

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Y’know, I don’t understand why whenever Seattle and Niners play, they simultaneously play like it’s the Super Bowl and both teams do their hardest to let the other win. Still want Pete Carroll to retire tho.

Gerald Everett tho…yeesh. 3 turnovers caused by him which is the only reason why the Niners stayed alive. AP lookin good tho.

Anyways, college football. Oh I’m enjoying the anger and tears from Oklahoma fans now that Lincoln Riley is at USC snatching all of their recruits and staff #FightOn ✌️

StormLuna
Group Admin

I didn't get the Seatle/San Francisco game but I heard about all the damn turnovers....ugh, come on people, just hold on to the damn ball. Give Pete time and maybe he will retire. I do agree though, given Seattle's record, he probably should and bring in some fresh coaching and ideas up there.

Regarding Oklahoma, given that they plan on bailing on the Big XII for the SEC I am glad to see Riley snatching up all their recruits. With the way the SEC is throwing out invites to good schools, they'll be giving an invite to Michigan at some point probably....still the most despised conference in football.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 276