Starlight Glimmer Fixes Everything 120 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 63 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 63

Soooo any news from those that are working on the three remaining fics? There still a lot of episodes to cower and it would be nice to do it before season 9 airs.

I regret to say that I should probably relinquish mine. I enjoyed writing a bunch of these a couple months back, but for whatever reason I keep hitting intractable writer’s block with this one. :fluttercry:

It’s a GREAT episode, though; I’m sure someone will do it proud. :ajsleepy:

That is sad and most unfortunate. Is it because you are feeling blue these days or perhaps you need a bit of help from outside perspective? Bounce few ideas at other people and maybe you'll get a sudden stroke of brilliance? What do you have so far?

Actually I keep flashing back to the DWK/Totally Legit Recap of the episode and I find myself struggling not to put Pinkie on the receiving end of the same speech that she gets in that. I basically can’t think of something else for someone to say to her—DWK does it really well.

I suppose it might be funny to turn the whole thing on its head and have Starlight out Mudbriar as a rogue changeling or something, but that’d be pretty random compared to the central things that Pinkie needed to learn in the episode.

Well just lecturing Pinkie wouldn't be very interesting story. Though that's how it was done in the actual show, Pinkie just had a talk with her sisters. And well would be odd for Mud Briar to be a changeling since he might appear next season.

Try to put yourself in Starlight's position. You have a problem to solve, problem being Pinkie and Mud Briar not getting along. You have all the magic in the world to solve it in 30 seconds. Sure, she might deliver a speech and hope ponies listen after she is gone. Or she can zap them to like each other, potentially backfiring by having Pinkie and Mud Briar getting way too close. Maybe she actually does stuck them together so they could learn to cooperate. Maybe Starlight zaps Pinkie to be more like Maud and then Twilight has to come and fix her. Maybe Starlight clones Maud so both Pinkie and Mud Briar would have their own Maud. Goal is to solve the problem by any means necessary. Or maybe just the sight of Starlight is enough to freak out Pinkie into getting along with Mud Briar. Sky is the limit.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I gotchu, fam. Let's fix this shit before S9 comes out.

EDIT: One to go.

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

You had best do so ASAP. I already did all the missing episodes for the rest of the season. I was about to post it. I'll replace mine with whatever you do.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Fuckin' done, m8

Though I'm interested to know what solutions you came up with. I got kinda... morose toward the end there. >.>

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

"It's not your fault, Terramar."

BRUH

Here's what I had:

175. Surf and/or Turf

"Wow! You have two great places to live!" Scootaloo said to Terramar.

"How do you make up your mind which one to stay in?" Applebloom asked.

"I can't," Terramar said. "That's the problem." Starlight Glimmer appeared with a flash of purple light.

"Who ever said that you had to choose?" she asked.

"Nopony," Terramar said.

"Boom! Problem solved!" Starlight said before disappearing again.

"But... my parents are still separated," Terramar whimpered.

"Hey! Be happy you even have parents!" Applebloom yelled.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I'll admit, mine went over the 30 second time limit.

She's been doing this for a while, she can compress time now. >:V

So is it done done, or are you waiting and pushing ahead with S9 as well? Meaning this group goes on a year-ish-long hiatus, which, all things considered, is not too terribly different from normal. :B

I thought you were joking about finishing whole season 8. Well then um...cya when season 9 airs. Oh and wonderful work. Same to Present Perfect.

Shakespearicles
Group Admin

6735794 6735819
I got impatient.
But if anyone has a better version they's like to do for any of the episodes, please, feel free to add them before Saturday and I'll replace mine with it.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I'm perfectly happy with calling the season done. :V If only because anything I write is apparently just going to get darker and darker.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 63