Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 70 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 70

Gotcha, looks like I’ll be sticking with mild references.

Also, The Floss is a type of dance where you move your arms from side to side, and I have no idea how it’s popular. My sister also says I cannot do it.

Hey there! I’ve returned from my thinking chair. :derpytongue2:How’s “Early bird” for a prompt?

Loganberry
Group Admin

Sounds good to me! I'll make the requisite edits to the group's front page now, and as usual the next thread will go up on 1st August.

This thread remains open, of course.

I assumed that Cloudkicker was the one who said "I'm so glad I found you!" Like she was saying that she found her protege in the debris just in time to save her.

That line of dialogue comes right after the filly flung herself into Cloudkicker's arms. Actions like this, that precede a dialogue, always indicate who is speaking the dialogue if the dialogue comes right after the action.

I think it’s because you mentioned her moving the debris from “the filly’s head” making me think she could see her head. Or at least some of it?

After reading my entry again, I can see a mistake I made here. This really sounds like Cloudkicker can actually see the filly's head, even though I've implied that she can't see it just two sentences earlier. The idea was that the debris on the filly's head is a very big piece that covers her entire head (with the grim implication that she died by having had her head smashed, which I guess also explains the high amount of blood all over her body), which is the reason why Cloudkicker couldn't spot it.
But I didn't specify how big that piece of debris is, so I haven't made that very clear and I can see how that is confusing and makes one think that Cloudkicker couldn't possibly have confused the dead filly for the one she was foalsitting. I really should have been more clear there.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 70