Sci-fi 127 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Since this is a Sci Fi group, we all have our science fiction video games we like to play in our spare time. So, to the people in this group, what are your favorite games involving the genre?

Mine are:
-Grey Goo: I like how they turned the namesake faction into a force of nature by giving their gameplay a method befitting of the all devouring nanites and the twist that the human faction made them for exploratory purposes makes their story interesting.

-Homeworld 1&2: I really liked how they blended Sci Fi and mysticism in a way that the mysticism parts had real explainations to them while still being entertaining. The emotional journeys made those games all the more enjoyable to play.

-Deus Ex: Deep and philosophical in regards to transhumanism and a parable relating to the current state of the world, the story is hella addicting.

-CoD Infinite Warfare: Say what you want about the series. I enjoyed how they told the probable tale about an inter solar system war in a way it seemed real with a few fantastical liberties. And the story is a real tearjerker, the first time in a long time I gave a damn about a CoD story.

-Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: Fun, pure fun. I liked how that game payed many homages to action and sci fi movies of the 80's and getting the actor of Terminator's Kyle Reese and Aliens's Dwayne Hicks to play the PC. It's also fun how the story never took itself seriously and outright parodies the aforementioned 80's flicks.

Infinite Warfare is really fun to play.

I liked the game "Prey" from 2006 too, has amazing music from Jeremy Soule.

Don't forget Unreal and Unreal Tournament!

Another fantastic game that just went free to play on relaunch is Secret World Legends you should check it out. It's very unique.

Oh man, I've been meaning to try out Prey. I have the reboot but not the original.

It may be a bit dated now, but it should be available cheap on Steam, and the game did some really cool stuff.

Okay. Also, though it's a bit of a :raritywink:, Emperor: Battle for Dune is a pretty good game that is worthy of being somewhat based on Frank Herbert's magnum opus. For Giedi Prime!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5