My My Little Pony Convention Experience 25 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Melody Dream
Group Admin

My Little Pony Fair and Convention-United States

The My Little Pony Fair is in a different location in the USA each year.
There are two My Little Pony conventions run by Hasbro, this one and UK Ponycon in the United Kingdom.

Please put what year and the location you are writing about as the first word of your review.

Melody Dream
Group Admin

2016-Schaumburg (Chicago area), Illinois

For short, The My Little Pony Fair and Convention is also called the My Little Pony Fair.

I went to my first My Little Pony convention this year and it was a lot of fun! I hope to attend another My Little Pony Convention next year.

Friday:
There was an add-on to the convention, a special dinner Friday evening the day before the convention started. Though I had fun at the dinner, I don’t intend on going to it again. The dinner was overpriced for what you receive and it wasn’t the ideal crowd for myself and my mother. I found myself scanning all the tables in the dinner room in an attempt to find kids. Out of the more-or-less 140 people there, about 30 or so were kids. The most populated age group for the Friday dinner is the 25-30 year old range.
Later in the evening, there was staff vending, where the My Little Pony Fair staff could sell their My Little Pony merchandise.

Saturday and Sunday:
The My Little Pony Fair had a large variety of people. There were mild fans all the way up to fans who are totally into My Little Pony. I didn’t feel too young or too old during the convention; there were small children, teenagers, people in their 20s and 30s, even families who brought the whole family. There were collectors of G1-G3, fans of G4, and fans and/or collectors of all the generations.

There were planned panels (presentations) and activities throughout the weekend.

I cosplayed as Fluttershy! It was fun seeing all the creative costumes in the Costume Parade and throughout the convention. The Vender Hall was stuffed with Pony merchandise and was very crowded; the room was somewhat small though. In panels, I learned about photography, drawing, and writing. I played My Little Pony bingo and trivia games, which had prizes given out to the winners. I didn’t just play for the prizes though, I played for the fun too! I saw the “Shake Ups In Ponyville” band in concert, they make music inspired by certain My Little Pony characters or episodes in G4 and are somehow affiliated with Hasbro. I met one of the My Little Pony graphic novel cover and interior artists, Anges Garbowska. Some of the comics she was selling at her booth in the Vender Hall had a blank back cover, for which she drew, right before your eyes, a pony of your choose!

On Saturday evening there was a Pajama Party. People wore their pajamas and brought along a pony plush. We watched “My Little Pony: The Movie,” which was celebrating its 30th anniversary. There was also free popcorn! Various My Little Pony DVD’s were raffled off to people during the event.

The convention ended with Closing Ceremonies at 5:00pm (or 17:00) on Sunday.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2