The Witching Hour 176 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Midnight has them, not me.

As a way to show my readers (you lot especially) that I am in fact still among the living and haven't given up on this story, I'm going to give a little poke and get back to picking all your brains to see how they're ticking. Considering that it looks like we've got some new blood since I last posted, hopefully that means we'll get some new ideas.

And this time's big Question is: What do YOU think is going on with Midnight's dad?
Why did he leave, where is he now, what is he doing? What are YOUR thoughts?

He wen't to the store to buy cigarettes and got kidnapped by the circus?

Before his return he was threatened that he would be followed back to what he cares for most and said precious thing would be broken, destroyed and/or killed

Some prophecy (Because that is the easiest way to explain random stuff having to happen)

Or maybe wyverns dying out and he needed to mate as many females as possible to save the species (yeah just joking with this one)

I always just assumed he went back to live with the other wyverns because he had other family he needed to spend time with. Dragon's lives are significantly longer than your average pony's, so maybe he planned on coming back later to show Midnight the other side of her family.

Midnight has them, not me.

Supermassively obvious statement much? :rainbowwild:

All teasing and sarcasm aside he might have felt that his continuing presence was putting his family in danger somehow. I know it's been done to death and back like a lot, but it is one possible explanation.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

You're getting warmer
he accidently ate their cotton candy guy and now he has to take his place

That was a thing that bothered me, you putting so much emphasis on Wyverns making their families their hoard and then having him up and leave his own.

My personal theory was along the lines that he didn't want to draw attention to Midnight seeing as he might be old enough to know what happened to the kirins and he didn't want to see his little girl taken by the same fate.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8