Anon-A-Miss 1,329 members · 1,274 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Since I’m experiencing writers block and struggling to stay motivated for my current Anon-A-Miss story I’m writing, I’m hoping that writing scenes like this will help me as well as give you guys something to tie you over while you wait for my next story. I hope you enjoy! This is from the story of Sunset being pregnant with her and Applejack’s child.

Applejack could not stop staring at the young man in front of her, her eyes traced every detail of his appearance. His blonde hair that strongly resembles her, his hat that looks just like hers, the familiar freckles on his cheeks, his strong physic that is no doubt shaped from working on the Apple orchard, his moderate cyan eyes bare a sticking resemblance to Sunset. Even his scowl reminded Applejack of Sunset.

“So let me get this straight,” Rainbow Dash spoke up from besides Applejack. They were all in the Apple family living room. “You’re supposed to be Applejack and Sunset’s son?”

“That’s right, Aunty, Rainbow Dash,” he spoke in a country accent. “Mah name is Opal Apple. And ah ain’t named after yah but mah equestrian Apple family.” He added, still scowling at Applejack.

“But Sunset left for Equestria three years ago!” Rainbow Dash pointed out. “How can you look all grown up?! Shouldn’t you be three years old?!”

“Time passes by faster in Equestria,” Opal informed them. “Ah’m already a full grown stallion and helping out my Mah at our family’s orchard.”

“If I may ask, why are you here, darling?” Rarity asked.

“To see the varmit that threw mah mother away,” he answered, his scowl deepening. “Ah wanna know why yah did what yah did.”

Applejack closed her eyes in shame, she recalled the look on Sunset’s face when she told her to get lost in the not so nicest way. She looked back at her son and told him everything, from Anon-A-Miss, to the girls cutting ties with Sunset to the awful words she told Sunset as she told her to go back to where she came from. When she was finished, Applejack waited for her son to respond. Opal had his eyes closed, he was deep in thought but he still had a scowl. When he finally opened his eyes, Applejack saw the look of disappointment and disgust.

“Growing up on the farm in Ponyville, ah got to know Mamma Applejack, Aunt Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Yah were some of the most amazing ponies ah have ever met. Ah looked up to all of yah and would always come to yah if ah needed help.” Opal explained. “Ah just…can’t imagine any of them abandoning their friends, much less their family.” His eyes suddenly softened. “But it turns out they did, great grand Pear himself abandoned mah grandma Pear Butter.”

The room was silent for a moment before he spoke again.

“Everyone makes mistakes, and yah have to live with them. Great Grand Pear never got to tell Grandma how sorry he was, he’s always telling me to live life without any regrets,” Opal’s eyes narrowed at the Rainbooms. “So…how regretfully are yah fer what yah did to Ma?”

“Deeply regretful,” Rarity spoke up, tears pooling in her eyes.

“Not a day goes by that ah don’t regret the way ah treated Sunset,” Applejack said, taking off her hat. “How is she?”

“She’s doing great,” Opal answered. “She lives in Canterlot castle, doing her duties as a Princess.”

“Princess?!” The Rainbooms said in shock.

“Yep, she ascended to an Alicorn when ah was a foal. She took over fer Granny Celestia and Great Aunt Luna,” Opal sighed sadly. “Ma didn’t want me to grow up spoiled and entitled like she was so she sent me to live in the Apple farm with Mama Applejack, she made sure to visit every day, spent a lot of time with me, always assured me that she loved me. It was a good thing too, ah reckon ah wouldn’t have gotten my cutie mark if I stayed in Canterlot.” 

The Rainbooms stared in amazement, Sunset was not only a princess but a great mother. She made sure that her son grew up well and not doomed to repeat her mistakes. 

“Do yah wanna see her?” He suddenly asked, catching the girls off guard.

“Are you sure that’s okay?” Fluttershy asked timidly.

“Won’t she be..you know, mad?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“She probably will, but can yah blame her?” Opal asked, raising an eyebrow. “She told me about all of yah, about the world on the other side of a mirror. She spoke fondly of all of you despite how painful the memories are.”

“Ah want to see her,” Applejack spoke up. “Ah have to tell her how sorry ah am fer what ah said and abandoning her.”

“Yeah!” Pinkie Pie shouted, the rest of the Rainbooms voiced their agreement. “Sunset tried her hardest to prove how sorry she was and make up for her mistakes so it’s only fair for us to do the same!”

“Well said,” Opal said with a smirk, casting her gaze to the side. “Did yah hear that Ma?”

“I sure did.”

A red whisp of energy came out from its hiding spot and floated beside Opal before transforming into Sunset Shimmer. The Rainbooms were left speechless as they gazed upon their former friend who they have horribly wronged

So what happened to Bloom? The others would be paying big time but Bloom I see her exiled from the family farm sent to another part of the clan

She’s still around, her and her friends relationships were strained for a while and it took a lot of work but they managed to regain their sisters trust again.

What about Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, considering they’re not blood related.

The betrayal still feels the same, Rainbow Dash found it hard to forgive Scootaloo bot because she didn’t want to (she would have in a heartbeat.) but because she felt incredibly guilty for what she did to Sunset, how can she forgive someone who hurt her while she couldn’t forgive the innocent party.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5