FiMTheory 164 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

Hello everpony! Nice to meet you all here in this group.

I've been doing some research about a theory that's been heard on YouTube about Equestria. The theory is about does Equestria actually exist?

Think about it. We all know it's a cartoon. But the thing is, could it be possible that characters from the show really exist along with the world they live in? We all know what's real and what's not real. People might say it doesn't exist. But it does exist. We all see it on the TV, right? So, does that mean Equestria really exist? Are the characters real? It's possible.

I know this might sound crazy, but it is possible that a cartoon could actually be real. Look back a few decades ago. People thought it was impossible to come up with a way to fly in the air. Well, guess what? The Wright brothers were able to prove people wrong by creating an airplane. Or the time people thought it was impossible for mankind to land on the moon. That was accomplished when Neil Armstrong landed on said moon.

There's a theory that's called the Mulitiverse theory. It's about there are other glaxies out there that have all sorts of plants that may contain life. We're talking hundreds, billions, trillions, or more plants out there that have yet to be discovered by NASA. Is it possible that Equestria is just out there in the open for us to discover? It's quite possible. I'm not gonna rule that out.

Then there's the other thing: Does mankind create their own universe? That should be true. We all have the power of imagination to create our own worlds and characters. So, is it possible that writers and the cartoonists who created Equestria and its inhabitants really caused said world to actually be formed in a unknown galaxy somewhere? That could be true. Nothing is impossible. What's impossible is possible.

Tell me what you guys think about this theory. I like debating.

Actually, I hope none of you guys think I lost my mind or anything. This is just something that caught my eye a few months ago when going through videos on YouTube.

Here's the YouTube videos I've seen that talk about this theory. I can only link them. For some reason my iPad does not allow me to actually just give you videos, only links for some reason. :twilightsmile:

http://youtu.be/uTQHf4YJ-kY
http://youtu.be/wJtz7hiM4Ds
http://youtu.be/TXTviwLORPQ

Edit: this is not a troll theory or anything. I would NEVER troll anyone on here or in real life. Just wanted to put that out there.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

In my opinion something exists when we make a show. I believe in the multiverse theory and in my opinion we make universes at least in that regard.

Well, according to the Multiverse Theory you cited, every single possiblity that could ever happen, happens at some universe, essentially, every breath we make, creates a new universe if you will...

under such conditions, there should be an infinite number of universes where there is an Equestria, accounting for an infinite number of different possible Equestrias that could exist... only time could say if ours is one of those or if the theory is even true...

I believe in the Mulitiverse theory as well. The worlds that we create are bound to have been created somewhere in another galaxy. Twilight Sparkle, who we all know is the main character of the show, could she be wondering if there is life out there like just like we think? That's quite possible.

We all know imagination is a powerful tool. It more powerful than anything else out here.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

Perhaps even powerful enough to create a world. Though I wonder does this mean imagination can only create?

That's got to be true. Imagination is what made everything come to reality. And I'm positive that imagination is able to create worlds in other galaxies.

Quite possible. Imagination is bound to go where ever we want it to go. What we think, it can create.

Think about the Big Bang theory. Scientists believe that everything was created out of nothing. Nothing existed. There was nothing but darkness. But then, something went off to make a huge bang that created our world, the stars, the glaxies and beyond. Maybe, when it was 2010, when the MLP: FIM was introduced, there was a Big Bang that created Equestria in 2010. That might be possible.

I agree with you. What we do in our life, could cause a new universe to exist. And I think Equestria is somewhere out there. But you are right about different types of Equestrias. We see it in pony form. There could another Equestria that is human form, not in pony form . Which I can fully understand.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

An idea for something great, a world with all walks of life = a small condensed mass that holds all you need for life.
Setting the idea into motion and asking 'where do we go from here?' = expansion, creation, life

Congratulations, you have just scratched the surface of a fundamental existential mystery. It goes much deeper than you currently realize, steeped in both philosophy and science.

The theory is about does Equestria actually exist?

"Everything you can imagine is real." -Pablo Picasso
Now, Picasso probably said it in an artistic or personal context, but AFAIC this is scientific truth. A truth which spans the length and breadth of human thought, from the Vedas to quantum mechanics.

However, just because Equestria is real does not mean humans will ever see it. Even if we survive our Great Filters and become a spacefaring civilization, we can't pick and choose our neighbors.

We all know what's real and what's not real.

Ahahahaha. No.
Most ppl have no clue what is and is not real, and live in a haze of ignorant certainty. A small % of ppl know enough to know that they don't know.

Then there's the other thing: Does mankind create their own universe?

Given enough computing and processing power, we will. At the Planck scale, reality really is just computation. What we consider "real" today are simply emergent phenomena, like the surface froth on top of a deep sea, the only things we can see. Just as we currently live in a Matrix-like reality, we will be able to create our own simulated reality.

But no, at the present time our video games are not "real" (the 3rd link); they're too primitive to be considered real. To create simulated reality, first we must create true AI (and survive its creation).

first we must create true AI (and survive its creation)

Step 1- Don't be a bunch of assholes towards A.I.

Indeed. I agree in what you say, Final Fantsy. Imagination has no limits. It can go on and on with nothing to stop it in its tracks.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

Something must have created the world but the only thing that can be made into anything is imagination. Emptiness is a canvas and imagination is the paint.

1) that's true. We all know that we might not even see Equestria in our life time. Perhaps in a couple of more generations, the next humans will have spaceships that will venture out of our galaxy and into another one to try and discover new worlds that might be something that's been seen in a cartoon. And yes, I do see that everything we do imagine can actually be real.

2) yeah. I probable should've said that more different. Not everyone knows what is real. Think about looking at your hands. We can feel them. And that's means they are real. Or are they? They could be just an illusion that our mind has created to see if they were real.

3) I heard of the Matrix theory. And I know it's about if we die, do we wake up? If we die, do we go to a place where we always wanted to be? That's something that I also find interesting. What if everything we hear, see, smell and touch was nothing but our mind playing a trick on us? What if everything scientists have thought us was all wrong? And the Alternate Universe thoery is something I also read about. Alternate history, reality, etc. I love doing research on that type of stuff.

Exactly! It's like what you said. It's a canvas that has nothing on it, but when we put paint on it, imagination takes over.

It's like looking at Equestria's map. We see Canterlot, Everfree Forest, Cloudsdale, Manehatten, Ponyville, the Crystal Empire, etc. the people who created those places caused said places to be born.

We can create our own worlds by grabbing a piece of paper and try to come up with a new world that is waiting to be born. That's how amazing imagination is. There are no limits in what we can use it for in our life.

In our crazy world with flying machines, Artificial Intelligence, and spliting open atoms by now anythings possible.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

If FIM is a world. Then what does all this Fanfiction mean? Are the stories we write alternate timelines. Are we as writers making our own timelines. As yours and my story tags say 'alternate universe'

I once said time is more like an ocean than a river. Each timeline is a river leading to the ocean of time. No matter how rough or smooth the flow. No matter how long or short, no matter what path they all have a beginning and an end. A tide goes in; a tide goes out. Live, death. The Big Bang, The end of the universe.

Comment posted by ----Gone ----- deleted Aug 30th, 2015

I agree. There's a possiblity that scientists will create a portal that leads to another dimension. A dimension we don't know where it may take us. We could end up in Equestria by rotten luck.

Good point. Fanfiction existed way before FIM. But we know that both of them are the same. Their all about fictional worlds that we create that wouldn't be made in the cartoons we watch.
True. I think it's quite possible that we as humans are able to create our on timelines of anything.

That's deep man. I remember by dad tells me that they're aint no beginning or end. It's a circle. Nothing is destroyed. It can only transform.

But I fully understand where your coming from. We all know nothing can last forever. There's always a beginning and a end. But, there's always a new beginning somewhere.

4673544 its kinda real in our world

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

Like I said before 'A tide goes in, a tide goes out.' It's a process that will repeat so long as time exists... and time won't end it will only be reset.

I heard of the Matrix theory. And I know it's about if we die, do we wake up?

No. It's not a half-baked afterlife conjecture for non-Christians or whatever you've read. You'll eventually learn to separate the serious stuff from the chaff. Here's the serious stuff:
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0801/0801.0337.pdf - This one is a journal article, so it reads pretty dry.
http://brianwhitworth.com/BW-VRT1.pdf - This one is more readable; it's a book chapter by the same author.

What if everything scientists have thought us was all wrong?

Do not think throw-away lines like this. This attitude opens you up to the quacks, such as creationists, climate deniers, and vaccine fearmongers, to name a few. When you truly understand what science is, how it developed, and its history in the world... you realize that it's the only reliable way humans have arrived at some measure of truth.

All those ideas that you were throwing around, some of which are partially right... they're all given credence only through science. Otherwise they're just bedtime stories. Who do you think built the multiverse idea into something credible?

There's a theory that's called the Mulitiverse theory. It's about there are other glaxies out there that have all sorts of plants that may contain life. We're talking hundreds, billions, trillions, or more plants out there that have yet to be discovered by NASA. Is it possible that Equestria is just out there in the open for us to discover? It's quite possible. I'm not gonna rule that out.
Then there's the other thing: Does mankind create their own universe? That should be true. We all have the power of imagination to create our own worlds and characters. So, is it possible that writers and the cartoonists who created Equestria and its inhabitants really caused said world to actually be formed in a unknown galaxy somewhere? That could be true. Nothing is impossible. What's impossible is possible.

OH MY GOD!

There are others out there who also think about this!

Forgive my squealing; I thought I was the only one!:pinkiehappy:

Actually, one of my future series I have in mind deals with this very question. However, it goes into far more complicated matters than simply creating a world.

Now, what you defined as Multiverse Theory is actually wrong. Multiverse theory is the idea that every possible alternate, conceivable universe exists, yet is still similar to our own. In simplest terms, the Multiverse operates on the idea of choices. There's one universe for you waking up and brushing your teeth immediately; and there's another universe where you brush your teeth after eating breakfast. So, for every possible choice, there is a universe for that, thereby creating an infinite amount of possible universes in an ever expanding Multiverse.

This is where it gets even more complicated.

What you said in the second quote is something that I like to call the "Omniverse Theory." Omniverse derives from the words "omnipotent" and "universe." And, of course, omnipotent means all-powerful and all-knowing (like a god). Now, in the Omniverse Theory, just as every alternate universe of ours exists, then every universe we create also exists. That's it in simplest terms.

However, it gets even more complicated.

With Omniverse Theory, there exists alternate universes to every alternate universe. Thereby expanding the reach of Multiverse Theory into infinite distance. DC and Marvel, for example, all have their own set of universes (DC has Earth-1, Earth 2, etc; Marvel has Earth-616, Earth 1610, etc), each one for an alternate "comic" or "story" (Or even timeline, with the conclusion of Convergence).

Therefore, the Omniverse is the collection of every universe, Multiverse, even Alphaverse (which I consider the collection of specific Multiverses [i.e, DC Alphaverse]) in existence.

But, we have to ask an important question here. If Equestria and other fictional media exists as separate universes, how do they exist in the first place?

Hoo boy, this is getting extremely theoretical...

My take is that our universe has the ability to tap into a sort of "Creation Matrix." The Matrix is hard to describe, as it has no substance nor physical or metaphysical presence. Rather, it exists as a sort of "membrane" around the Omniverse, and we are able to tap into it. We create fictional worlds and universes with our imagination, but the idea is that our imagination comes from the Source—or some all-powerful remnant of an all-powerful being (perhaps God). We, as creatures of vibrancy and creativity, create these things for our entertainment. So, physically, while we create a fictional media, subconsciously, we are tapping into the Creation Matrix.

What happens from there is rather interesting.

We create a fictional world or universe. That's fine in our universe. But, elsewhere in the expansive and endless Omniverse, that universe is created. In a fashion similar to theories in our own creation, there's a huge start of energy somewhere, expanding the universe; trillions of years pass, worlds form; and, on one such world, the characters and stories of the fictional universe are born.

However, these characters will derive from what they are in our universe, due to how distant the connection is. In other words, they will not all have the same "storylines" that we gave them, thereby allowing them free will, and the ability to shape their own lives. I'll try not to get into the philosophical and moral implications of the statement.

Future stories added to the medium take their cues from another aspect of Multiverse Theory; the idea that all universes have their own vibration frequency. The wedding in Canterlot? Vibration Number 247-E. Sombra's Rising? Vibration 45134-EF.

As you see, though, the vibrations are not the same. It is because these "vibrations" are alternate universes themselves! We take ideas that our mind retains from the vibrational frequency of other universes and implant them in the medium for a universal "story." While in our universe, we have the wedding and the uprising, in an alternate universe, one of those might never have happened.

This in turn shows that every universe in the Omniverse has its own Multiverse.

So, to summarize, Equestria might exist. Every fictional universe, whether Marvel, DC, cartoon related, even video game related, exists. Amalgams of universes could also exist (such as a combination of the Sonic the Hedgehog games and the Archie Comics series). Every alternate universe to every universe exists. We create these universes by tapping into a Creation Matrix, and we add onto the story set in our universe via way of tapping into vibrational frequencies.

That is the definition of the Omniverse Theory.

That also means that every fanfiction has its own universe, and even its own Multiverse. In fact, if the concept of "fiction" exists in any of the universes in the Omniverse, then another Omniverse may be created as well.

That, in turn, means that the Omniverse is impossibly huge, and is exerting and absorbing monstrous amounts of energy.

Bear in mind, this is all theoretical. It has not been proven, and likely never will be, due to our inability to travel between universes. Travelling by vibrations will only get you so far; now you have to consider letters, symbols, all sorts of marking crud.

Anyway, that's just my take on the matter.

However, as this is my theory, and is the basis of a future series of stories, I must respectfully ask that you refrain from stealing it.

Hey! I remember that! That's in South Africa if I remember correctly when someone said on YouTube that there's a place that goes by the name Equestria. Also, I do remember there was another person who said there's a village somewhere in Europe that's called Bronyville. Seriously, someone said there's a village in Europe that goes by that name.

Wait, you mean my theory that I just thought of is technically your theory? I mean, I had this theory along time ago before I even joined on this website if I remember myself correctly. Plus, why would I steal your theory?

Not that I'm complaining or anything. The theory I thought of would actually belong to me. Cartoons are bound to be real. Sure, we know that they are fictional characters, the world they live in, and their personality and such.

My theory is about the Big Bang theory. Everything was created out of nothing. Which is what scientists say to us. When all of a sudden, something boomed and caused everything to be created.

In 2010, MLP: FIM was introduced to the public to watch. But, what if the people that made the show actually caused a Big Bang to happen to which Equestria was born? Imagination is what creates worlds. You can continue the journey, but it will end sooner or later. But, when it ends, will a new one come into existence? Yes. We can make sequels of our own stories. The world that we create can change however we want it to be. It could be happy, sad, mysterious, and much more.

Look at Discord for example. He's able to create other dimensions that go to different places. Which we saw in one of the episodes of the new season. Could the next future generations be able to create a machine that is able to take people into a whole new world that's from a cartoon? Quite possible. I wouldn't grab my pencil and mark it off. It hasn't happened yet. It'll take much time to actually come up with such a way to go to other worlds, even those that are fiction.

Very agreeable.

I kind of think of it like a videogame. We can play the campaign of the story as many times as we like. We might do things differently, but we can always hit the reset button just like you were talking about.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

Have you ever played Bioshock Infinite?
One of the main but unclear concepts of the game is 'constants and variables' of time and how it will always end the same.

Oh no! I fully respect the AI universe. That's something that I also find very interesting to understand.

I never played that game before. I've played Halo games, Call of Duty, racing games, etc. But I retired from gaming a year ago.

Tell more about the constant and variables of this game. I'm very curious about this.

Final fantasy forever
Group Contributor

The game revolves around four alternate timelines. Technically there are about a million but you only visit four (well five at the end but that's more where you can access any of the timelines)
the constants and variables are what determine events of that timeline for instance the floating city of Columbia (where the game takes place) doesn't in one timeline. At the beginning the city is in a state of prosperity by the end of the game an uprising/war brings it to ruin.
The ending has the players companion explain that these events will be repeated until something changes that something is killing the games antagonist before he's born effectively erasing the story of the game and undoing all the death and destruction.

The game also has two important characters Rosalind and Robert Lutece the latter is her brother (though technically herself from another timeline) Through some 'accident' (sabotage) they were undone in time. Rosalind believes that it is futile to change anything related to time while Robert urges (though not directly) To continue his quest as the reward will be well worth all the death and sacrifice. As they reference the original Bioshock "There's always a city, there's always a man, always a lighthouse"

Ahhhhh. I seem to understand more about this game. Different timelines with different outcomes. The only way to stop something from happening would be to kill or stop the antagonist from committing the dark deed. In doing so, what happened in future would change drastically. If one person is put out of the picture, the present and the future would change in the process.

Hope I'm getting that correct. :twilightsheepish:

4674821 Sorry about the confusion. I meant that I didn't want anyone using my theory in their stories, as I am using,that theory in my stories.

Oh. Okay. I wasn't angry or anything. :twilightblush:

Please try to make a clearer distinction between actual theories/hypotheses from theoretical physics, and your personal headcanon/ New Age belief. It would be better if you don't use the word "theory" and just say "my headcanon" for certain parts of your post.

My theory is about the Big Bang theory. Everything was created out of nothing. Which is what scientists say to us.

Your headcanon. Please don't use the same word in the same sentence while meaning completely different things. One is a colloquial term, the other is a technical scientific term.
Also, it's not what they "say to us". It's what they showed us (and themselves) with actual evidence and technology. To say "they told us this" is as nonsensical as saying "Airplanes can fly because scientists told us they can fly."

I may sound nitpicky, but the above misconceptions and vague meanings are taken advantage of nowadays by science deniers to perpetuate misinformation.

But, what if the people that made the show actually caused a Big Bang to happen to which Equestria was born? Imagination is what creates worlds.

That's not how the "Omniverse" works. The idea is that the multiverse contains infinite universes. Therefore whatever could possibly exist, already must exist. Every story every human has ever thought of, already exists in infinitude. Any story no human has ever thought of, also already exists in infinitude. Every story every alien in every universe has ever thought of, or has not yet thought of, already exists in infinitude.

Sigh... it's hard being the only unicorn in a room full of earth ponies.

Sigh... it's hard being the only unicorn in a room full of earth ponies.

Hey now, don't be bad mouthing earth ponies just yet!

4676089 Sorry about the confusion! :twilightblush:

Which episode is that!? I have no recollection of it at all!

4676111 Testing, Testing 1 2 3

Dammit, Pinkie! Patent your stupid contraptions!

4677023 Calling dibs is the most important part of invention. :ajsmug:

It be nice if equestria is real but there's no telling if it is or not no one made a way get there yet :p

However, as this is my theory, and is the basis of a future series of stories, I must respectfully ask that you refrain from stealing it.

You need to sue Fortnite.

This thread is dead, but I feel like I should put this video by Professor Dave here to add to the conversation.
https://youtu.be/aQTWor_2nu4?t=1490

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43