The Nexus 38 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Secret_Shadows
Group Admin

So I have this project that I'm working on. . . it's a rather. . . nsfw story. . . And it is set in the EG universe shortly after the first movie (I haven't seen the new one yet and I started writing this before it was out.)

I'm having a few issues with writing in the equestria girls universe, things along the lines of how in normal pony you can write "The yellow coated mare" But you can't put "Yellow Skinned Girl" as that would start a debate in the comment section that I'd rather not have, and other things like that. Not to mention the whole human thing. . . still hard to write.

Anyone have tips and tricks for writing Equestria Girls stories?

Subliminal Question In A Nutshell:
Anyone open minded, and I'm talking REALLY REALLY REALLY open minded. Who's willing to proofread a nsfw/clop story without compromising the storyline (As the story arc is pretty solid, it's just really the descriptions and stuff, making it detailed that's hard for me right now.) but willing to correct a bit of Grammar here and there as well as submit ideas to help me describe the characters not using skin colour. (As again, I'd really rather avoid that debate. . . I know its a kid's show and all but it's an M rated story and well yeah. . . people could get offended. . .)

Anyways, if you have tips leave them here, if you want to help me drop me a PM. . . I really need the help. . . Lol. I have a co-writer and a proofreader already but the proofreader isn't going to be comfortable with where the story is going (I'll say in the PM where it's heading, but like I said you have to be REALLY open minded, its a key part of the story and I don't want to say it here.) So if anyone is interested or has tips PM me or leave tips here, any help at all would be appreciated!

Do an Equestria Girls crossover with the infamous fanfiction, My Immortal:moustache:

You'll be drowning in views faster than you can say "Holy Overnight-Celebrity Batman!"

Secret_Shadows
Group Admin

Well I already have a storyline, I'm just having trouble with the particular grammars of the Equestria Girls universe, I got so used to typing things in like "The mare said" or "Fluffy Purple Alicorn" you know things like that. Doesn't exactly translate easily lol. I'm finding myself excessively using their names to describe who is talking (Even though its kind of blatantly obvious who's talking.) I'm having a hard time describing them other than their hair colour and names. (Aside from the way their speech comes across.)

Jade Ring
Group Admin

As the writer of the (no joke) top rated Equestria Girls clopfic on this site, I'd be more than willing to offer some help.

...When I get a chance later.

This is so god-damn hilarious. Don't ask me why.

When describing characters (no matter the species), I actually think that less is more. Don't go talking about colors or height or clothes -- most people will forget that, anyway. Say what's the general feeling the person gives when you look at them.

"This is my friend," Fluttershy said, pointing at the girl. "Her name's Flowery Breath."

"Hi!" Flowery said.

Twilight looked at her. She looked like a tinier, rounder version of Fluttershy. She looked like a sweet girl, and -- Twilight sniffed -- seemed to smell accordingly.

Overly-detailed, visual descriptions are always a no-no. They alienate the reader. Let them picture whatever they want, bro.

Secret_Shadows
Group Admin

Good point, that said every character in the story (save for a few background characters who probably wouldn't get described anyway) Are going to be characters from the show who already have an appearance, so their mental picture is already kinda set, Though I like the way you put it, I'll have to try that out and see how it works for me, It's hard for me to change the way I'm descriptive like that though, but I will try, thank you. :twilightsmile:

If you want to help I'd gratefully accept, I do however now have a commission story going separately that I need to work on, (Got the commission after I posted this thread lol) So it'll be a bit probably anyway before I go full tilt on working on said story, but like I said in the original post, its a very. . . I don't even know how to put it. . . kinky. . .? I don't think that's right, more like fetishy. . . that's not really right either. Lets just say it has an element of petplay and leave it at that. . . Lol. Kinky and Fetishy is an understatement. That said it's clop with a plot, not senseless clop. So by all means if you want to help I'd appreciate it, if you're interested in knowing the full extent of what the story is going to be about pm me, I'd rather not say here. . . to preserve everyone's innocence. . . Lol

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6