The Nexus 38 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

We all can't be one if we don't know one another, right? Probably best to introduce ourselves.

I'll start.

Howdy, y'all, I'm Sparky P. Chu! I write stuff sometimes!

More specifically I write fanfiction. While not a great writer by any means I do enjoy it.

I started writing by exploring an idea I had that I thought was really neat. This story, called "Pinkie Who", was very well recieved and gave me the confidence to write more stories from there. While no other stories have matched "Pinkie Who" (Which is terribly written compared to my other works) I still go on, following my philosophy of "Exploring the stories inside."

My specialties (If they can be called such) are writing stories about time travel, spotting plot holes and inconsistencies in a story, and explaining how things work in fictional universes.

I do hope that's given you a good look at me, and I hope we can work together to create awesome stories.

Don't Forget to be Awesome,
Sparky P. Chu

SapphireSparks
Group Admin

My name is God of Fabulous, though I started out different.

You see, when I first joined this site after my brother recommended to watch the show and I looked up fanfiction, I was in love with the cat series Warriors. So, my name was Frostfur then. I completely sucked with grammar as was too scared to write a story, so I simply lurked about on the site, reading stories and such. I don't know when I met some people, but I did. ChaoticLightining was one of the first few, and we became friends. Even collabed on a story (after I got over my fear of writing) and we're collabing now. Long story short, I contacted excellent writers who were better than me to learn from them, studied some of the better stories on this site's writing styles, reviewed how reviewers reviewed, and got to the sh*tty point where I am today. It's been a year, in fact!

Anyways, I occasionally draw:

And make music:

Link.

Also, I love DBZ, Doctor Who, South Park, and a whole lot more. So... yeah.

Who am I, you may ask? No one, really. I am simply known as the Master of all Baked Goods, The Funkinator, The Greatest Threat to Anti-Dictatorship, and - more often than not - The Ruler of the Demented Bakery.

It was through the pleasures and wonders of YTP (Youtube Poop) that I discovered ponies, and I haven't looked back since.

I wrote fanfiction for a while, but have lost a LOT of steam in recent months due to lack of motivation for fics, the hiatus between seasons 4 and 5, and generally moving on to other activities. I'd like to start back up again, but at this time, I'm not entirely sure where to begin.

I started on this site with my first and arguably worst fic The Dead Trot. I've thought about removing it, but I choose to leave it up as a symbol of how far I've come since the beginning. Up until I wrote Of War and Ponies, I loved writing fics, and was confident enough in my own abilities and didn't take things too seriously. After that, however, it became more like a job than a hobby. I took out my frustrations in my fic Dealing With Heretics (arguably my best written fic to date), but motivation continued to decline from there.

Like I said before, I want to get back into writing fics, but I'm clueless as to where to start.

If anyone needs an editor, co-writer, someone to bounce ideas off of, or any sort of help, I'm just a few clicks away.

Have yourselves a pleasant day, you wonderful creatures!

-DWB

Secret_Shadows
Group Admin

Well. . . I have far less to say about myself than the rest of you and that makes me feel a bit silly. But here goes nothing. (I suck at introduction threads.)

I discovered ponies through the episode where Pinkie watches the Cake's kids (Don't remember the episode name.) Fell in love with the show and proceeded to watch every episode on youtube until I caught up with the show then watched the final few episodes of season one on an actual TV. Was quite the closet brony for a while.

After that I met someone via a minecraft server I played on that was a member of this lovely site right here, he urged me to make an account and the first story I really got into was. . . I honestly can't remember what it was called, but I never finished reading it. I was then urged to give a shot at writing my own stories by the same person who told me to make an account here. At the time I absolutely hated writing so as you can imagine my first few stories were horrible. But eventually I learned and I'd like to think I got better as time passed.

My flagship story and the smalled sub-stories that surrounded it took a backseat when I created an alternate account to write fetish material. Under the guise that the account was a sibling and not actually me (Since I was deathly afraid people would judge me for writing the things that were on that account) I held up that charade for quite some time until I stopped writing altogether for a brief period of time. I'm just now starting to get back into the swing of things.

That's pretty much my history on the site in a nutshell, the only thing I could say that most of you probably don't know is that I'm actually girl and not a guy like I pretended to be originally to fit in. . . Lol. Surprise!

And if you're wondering my Alt account is named Midnight Shadows. Yup, because I couldn't be bothered to make something significantly different from my main accounts username. . . Lol.

Bit late to the party but I'm Lionblaze103. I usually go by Jayswing103 but there was a bit of a misunderstanding when I first joined 2 years ago and it's been this ever since.

Anyways I started out as a rather bad writer, but with good ideas, averaging at best 800 words per chapter. Since then I feel I've come a long way as my stories have become much more well-written and I'm averaging 5000 words per chapter. Though I do end up with a copious amount of ideas so I usually end up writing a chapter or two of one fic before moving onto another. My main attraction is usually crossover stories with animes, but sometimes I come up with a few original ideas of my own, and I hope to one day revisit my older fics and revamp them.

...I have far less to say about myself than the rest of you...

>Proceeds to use more words than anyone else in the thread so far.

>Sets a challenge!

Anyway!

I'm Taranth, or Damos Taranth depending on what medium you're looking at me through. And I'm very, very tired.

This is mainly because I'm an idiot who reads fanfiction when he should be sleeping. And then promises himself that he'll go to bed early the next day, then inevitably stays up even later, because I find an awesome fic that I can't stop reading. Then I come to work and read some more.

This is how you end up with thousands of favourites.

But that's okay, because I tend to babble when I'm tired, and we're in an appropriate thread for that, and it can be entertaining. For me at least.

I jumped on the fanfiction train many many years ago with pokemon, back in my teenage years, and wrote some particularly self-indulgent self-insert Mary-Sue horrors ("No, see, it's not self-insert! There's actually a really good in-story reason for that character to have the same name as me. Just because he's the same anthro-pokemon species I usually use as my avatar, and is clearly the most awesome and interesting and powerful character in the series, and I have plans for him to actually be the one to beat the final boss...") as well as one of the higher-ranked "Pokebattles" sites (now there's a concept that I doubt anyone remembers...) and some collaborative story chains which I was an absolute asshole in, because I played the villains and basically shut down anyone who tried to derail my grand master plans. Collaborative!

That nonsense stopped about fifteen years ago, with a combination of lost interest and someone deleting the entire history of our message board we were running the story chains on.

I forgot about fanfiction (mostly) for a decade or so, with roleplaying of various flavours taking up the slack, before I lost interest in that too and then got drawn into this whole 'pony' concept. I'd heard about it from various sources at length and knew I would probably love it, but put it off for ages until I got bored one night and watched the Discord episodes.

I marathon'd the series shortly afterwards.

Can't even remember how exactly I got into this site, but I had a silly idea and decided to break into it once again... my first fic got a lot of critical... criticism, and probably a lot more thumbs up than it deserved (I really don't like it anymore) but that fed my ego enough to try writing another one... which barely got noticed, because it was entirely OCs, and I lost interest in completing it shortly after.

Since then I've (very slowly) chugged out a couple of things I am actually proud of (and have over a thousand likes each, so my ego is not entirely mistaken) and have many, many more ideas running around my head... if only I could just sit down and write them.

Generally happy to chat, review, give some reasonably scathing advice, or completely take over the idea you had for your fic and twist it into a whole new mess that you barely recognise.

I guess I have taken 'fashionably late' to a new level. Must be an academy record hehe. Ahem anyway...

Hello everypony, I am known in this site as Samuel Chattergoon, where Samuel is my middle name and Chattergoon is my last name. The funny thing is that a couple of bronies that I met in a fast food restaurant mistook my name the first time for Lulamoon. Yeah, I don't get it either. Currently I am sixteen and I attend college full time. I am studying for my major in Film.

I gained my first insight of MLP in the year 2013; a month after I migrated to the United States. When my younger sister played the first episode for me I was hooked. But it was just that; an interest to a television show that intrigued me. A year and six months later I met someone who was a brony and dragged me by the scruff of the neck into the dark clutches of the fandom. I never got a chance to thank him. I never saw him again after I switched from the Gym class to the Digital Video and Production class to direct many films and design and create motion graphics. But I met another brony. Two things about him: he looked like a teenage version of Skrillex, and he was the one that introduced me into Fimfiction. But at that time I never thought to write, I would only read. I never made a Fimfiction account then, as I only saw here as a MLP fanfic library. But that changed on the last week before Summer.

My former English 3 Honors teacher in High School was someone that would give extra work for a short time just because she could. I know one would think that I should expect to receive tons of work in an honors class. But may I add: my college English class along with my other college classes are not assignment excavators. Their assignments are because it is there to help the students. My Chemistry Honors teacher gave a ton of assignments but they were a benefit. Most of my English teacher's assignments were busywork packets with little time to complete them. But I still should have thanked her because she was someone that helped contribute my decision to write more than just essays and story assignments. The last week of school she assigned the class to compose a short story of our choosing and we could collaborate if we desired. Our limits were the edge of our dreams no matter how wild. While most collaborated I wrote on my own. My dark side is completing group written assignments. I did not wish to collaborate with anyone because what I wanted to write was the only thing I wanted on my paper and nothing else. I decided to write a fan fiction because... why not? I wrote a 3500 word story about Aria Blaze who lived in a lagoon and the owner of the lagoon falls in love with her.

While my story only got an 87% from the teacher I continued making edits and then I posted it here. I even designed a cover page for it. It was called 'I Listen' and I consider it as my flagship because it was a story that I was intrinsically motivated to write. My other works, although they received more attention and were not as good, are not that dear to me. Hopefully that would change when I complete the trilogy I am working on.

I cannot really state my speciality as I write only based on my ideas and intrinsic motivation but if I had to say, I would say a light story with the tag Sad and written in the First Person. I am terrible at writing in the Second or Third Person.

I am not going to say that I am a good writer but that does not mean I can't give advices. One word of advice I would share is 'Let the story determine the tags.' What is the point of deciding to write a dark story only for the purpose of being dark, and if an additional idea flows in one's head he or she can't write it because it is not related to a genre?

And on that note, if anyone needs any help, or just someone to talk to and create a friendship with, you know where to find me. If I don't answer that means that I am in a lecture, or asleep, or watching Scandal and I have not noticed any notifications.

Till then, enjoy life, and do forgive me for the boring text I wrote. I hope I didn't sound like James May.

I go! :coolphoto:

Well golly. I guess it's my turn. I'm a guy that used to do a lot of writing. After a few years of serious dedication to my work, real life and other things slowly crept up on me and before I knew it, I had stopped writing all together for about half of a year. During that time I would (rarely) visit the site to see if any comments or other notifications popped up. Eventually, I realized that I missed everything about this place. From reading straight up awful fan fictions to complaining about the stability of this website on a technical level, I just wanted to be a part of something, and after leaving my niche, my life wasn't full of the same excitement as it was. Hell, I even stopped watching the show as well. Just got myself caught up with season 5 today. Anyway, enough of my shameless rambling about boring shit, that's my short introduction and I'm looking forward to getting more followers stories out for all to enjoy.

The name's Jlargent and I just joined the Nexus. I started writing fics back in 06 and been doing it since. I mainly write F/F ships with the occasional F/M to make things fair a bit. My best story thus far is my Avatar the Last Airbender/Naruto crossover and I'm juggling other stories at the moment.

As my nameplate indicates, I'm PhycoKrusk, and I have to say it's kind of neat to see some other names here that I recognize.

I've dabbled in a few different genres, but all that's really done is imply very strongly that comedy is what I write best, although I'm not so sure about that myself.

I first discovered fan fiction at around the same time I discovered the Internet — about 20 years ago — and started attempting my own not long after. It would be a lie to say that all of my early attempts were bad; most of them were terrible. I like to think I've improved since then.

Most of the stories I've shared here have not been edited or proofread, and if we're being completely honest, it shows; I'm awful when it comes to asking for help. Conversely, I'm always happy to help others, so long as they ask.

In short, writing is easier with friends by your side, so do as I say and not as I do; make some friends.

I'm not late because I'm posting before Jade Ring.

I'm SouthernCross, clearly, though I've gone by SSJ-Jolt for most of my fanfic writing days. I'm a veteran of the craft and have been writing fics for over ten years now. I'm not entirely sure but I think I was among the first to really start vocally pushing for minimum standard expected from fanfic authors who want their stories to be considered 'good.'

My flagship fic on here is Winner which is my second most popular fic to date (the first being a Star Fox fic called One Heart on Fanfiction.net).

Ironically, although my flagship fic is a romance story my speciality is Giant Mecha. After all; there is no problem in this world that cannot be adequately solved through the use of Giant Mecha.

Jade Ring
Group Admin

I suppose, as founder of the Nexus, that it would be appropriate for me to introduce myself.

My name is Jade Ring, formerly Sladeling of the Teen Titans fandom, and I've been writing fanfiction since I first discovered it existed when I was 12 years old. Hell, maybe longer than that, since my grandma has a paper I wrote when I was 7 or 8 with a sentence on it that reads; "Ash, Misty, and Brock walked down the road. One day they will be Poke'mon masters."

I first began seriously writing fanfiction by hand, and as you would expect from a desperately lonely 13 year old, it was all sex. Lemons everywhere. Zoids lemons, Poke'mon lemons, Dragonball Z lemons, etc. My little sister found the notebook I kept them in so, fearing discovery, I destroyed them and stopped writing. A year later I started up again. I believe that notebook of stories (including my first anthology piece 'Anime Harem') still exists in the closet of my then-best friend Levi.

Once I got to high school (and i was exposed to Teen Titans) I began to expand my horizons. In that 'dark and moody' phase all of us high school outcasts go through, I wrote stories that involved Slade's brutal training of Terra and stories of dark future timelines. Trailers I made for one of these stories (World At War) can still be found on Youtube. Just search 'Sladeling.' At the same time, I tried my hand at horror by penning the lost "treasures" 'Freddy vs. Jason: Round 2' and 'A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 8: Freddy Takes the World.'

In the midst of Titans' 4th season, I decided to try writing something serious for once. Taking 'Birthmark,' the episode that kicks of the main plot of Season 4, I wrote my own version of how things were going to go down. Titled 'the End,' the final product took nearly a year to complete and is my first literary mixed bag. It has good parts and bad parts... and it got quite a few good reviews on the site where I posted it (the Robin and Starfire Shrine.) I still have the hand-written original. Titans ended... and so did my writing.

I joined the Air Force and found myself at Balad Air Base, Iraq, in the spring of 2010. Bored out of my mind (and slowly becoming obsessed with the Cthulhu mythos) inspiration struck me to write something I referred to as "the last Teen Titans story." I spent the last four months of my deployment banging out 'The Call,' an epic split into three parts. The story gained fans and followers, was drawing to a heart-stopping conclusion...

...and it died. I returned to the states and just lost the story. It still sits, unfinished, on fanfiction.net. And with it died my urge to write fanfiction.

I discovered MLP in mid-2011 thanks to the forums of amvhell.com... and ideas started to form. I begged my wife that if I started writing again that she had to make me stop watching ponies, but thankfully she never followed through. After several false starts (including an epic story involving the New Lunar Republic) I finally wrote 'Morning Glory.'

Since then, there's been good times ('Dear Scootaloo's crazy success), bad times ('Dear Sweetie Belle's rejection by EqD), and bizarre times (the bewildering success of 'Heat of the Moment.')

It was at DerpyCon South in New Orleans last September when the seed that would become the Nexus was born. My eagerly awaited (by me) fanfiction panel was attended by ten people. I had a sort of breakdown where I wondered what the purpose of all this was. At panel's end, I launched into what can only be described as a sermon about how fanfiction deserved to be seen on the same level as other fanworks. Since the video of the speech never materialized, just ask Sparkypchu. He was there.

That was where the Nexus was born... and you have no idea how much it warms my heart to see it coming to life before my very eyes.

Hello, I'm Everyday we Shufflin, though I prefer Ross Pit: Shark Hunter, I go by Everyday we Shufflin to avoid any confusion.

I entered the fanfiction world years back. I saw my sister reading, and writing Twilight fanfiction(though, nowadays she doesn't like the series anymore), and that was basically it back then. In 2011 I saw a Death Battle with Starscream vs Rainbow Dash. And with Starscream being my favorite Transformer, I was none too pleased with the results. I eventually forgot about it, until the following year, where I saw Teens React to My Little Pony. Didn't care much for it, so I forgot about it. Later that year, though not much later, a friend came over and asked me to see a video. I decided to take a look at it, and it was a MLP censored video. I watched it and laughed my butt off. We watched several more that night, and about a week before Avengers came out I decided to watch an actual episode of the show. I said it was fine, but not my thing. Later that hour I watched another one, and another one, and I got to Luna Eclipsed, where at the worst possible time, I was told to go to bed by my sister, and season two wasn't on Netflix at the time, so I couldn't finish that total cliffhanger until the morning. So, the next day I watched the rest of the episode, and proudly declared:

I AM NOT A BRONY!

About five minutes later, I watched Read it and Weep, and gave in. And it wasn't any normal giving up, I went full Gollum/Smeagol on myself. It was a weird day. Then later that week I searched for "Rainbow Dash" on Youtube, since she was(and still is) my favorite character. The result came up with a My Little Dashie reading(And I'm sorry, but, I love that story, hell I'd go so far at to say it's my second favorite) by Azekaah. Didn't click on it for a few days. Then I did, cried myself to sleep, very sad. So, eventually I read more and more MLP fanfics, and decided I was a fan of those, and wrote one myself. But it wasn't an MLP fanfic. It was a Calvin and Hobbes fanfic. So, like, all of my fanfics were written poorly, some were legitimately bad, and some were at least enjoyable despite how badly written they were. Thought, apparently I wasn't bad for my age(12). But eventually, I realized I just couldn't write anymore. Even though I tried, I couldn't think of anything to type. Then a fellow by the name of ZombieHunter4579, and we became instant buddies. And we've been collaborating on our works ever since. Me and him have been getting better and better, and are continuing to one up ourselves with the stories we haven't released yet.

SO that's who I am, and I look forward to working with you all.

Hai! I am Twilight Phantom. I am here due to Jade Ring inviting me, and this group seems like such a welcoming community. I hope we can keep drama away here.

I would like to spread my story ideas that I've either started and can't finish, or have a rough outline but can't write it.

As you can see, I'm terrible at introductions.

Yeah.

-Twily

Good afternoon, everyone. My name is D4ftP0ny (pronounced "daft pony") and it's very nice to meet you all!

I'm afraid that there's not much to tell about me, honestly. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, starting with Pokemon and then moving up into roleplaying in the Wheel of Time community for about 10 years. I dropped out of writing for a while before rediscovering my spark in the pony fandom, and since 2011 I've been writing away on various fanfics, trying out different genres and styles to broaden my horizons as an author so that I can get some of my work published someday. I'm extremely proud of all of my fics and I prefer to write longer, multi-chapter stories rather than short one-shots.

I'm looking forward to being part of the Nexus and to working with all of you to prove that fan fiction is without a doubt a gateway to better writing!

Hey, everybody! Grand Moff Pony here, coming to you live and direct from his palatial quarters on the Imperial Star Destroyer orbiting your planet— Aw crap, I was supposed to leave that line off! Hmm, I'll take care of it in post. Yep, sure will, heheh...

Okay, now, a bit about yours truly:

Name: Grand Moff Pony (yep, it's a pun on everyone's favorite henchman, Grand Moff Tarkin)
Stories published: 14
Favorite genre to use: Romance and SoL. They're the easiest genres for me to work with, and most of my best work has come under those tags. Especially romance, since I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic. (my wife would back me up on that too, lol)

*If you only had time to read one thing by me, it would be: Night Rose <<put your dancing shoes on too!
*Other projects I've been involved in: 'Moonstone' and 'Archmage: Square One' (both by Loyal) and two works by Noble Thought: 'Dashes of Life' and 'Private Moments'. I also provided a guest chapter for Rated Ponystar's 'The Assassination of Twilight Sparkle'.

Otherwise: By day I'm an IT worker, flying a desk through the rat maze of cubicles. Working the 9-5 and riding the pony train since early season 3. Can't wait to work with/meet you all. :)

Greetings one and all!

I am Admiral Biscuit (as you can see). I dabble in HiE, PoE, SoL, and crackfics. I'm not really good at bios, to be honest.

My varied writing skills leave me with two distinct groups of followers, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

I research the hell out of most anything I write.

Been a member of the MLP fandom since 2011, but only started getting active in mid 2012. I have never written fanfiction before MLP. I live in Michigan.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19