Double Diamond 220 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I remember watching The Cutie Map for the first time. In the second part of the two-parter, Double Diamond's line 'This is where I first met Starlight' when he finds his old skis struck me. Between that and Double Diamond being the consummate trusted lieutenant right up to the point Starlight was outed for keeping her Cutie Mark, I considered that he was Starlight's very first follower in Equality.

In Glimmer in the Snow, this is exactly how it goes, as Double Diamond injures himself in a skiing accident. Starlight Glimmer finds him, drags him to her house, and nurses him back to health. During this time, the two talk, discuss their life, ambitions and ideals with one another, and Double Diamond finds himself pulled into Starlight's orbit about the idea of Equality. By the end of the fic, he becomes her first follower.

Canon is pretty sparse on Double Diamond's background, so I did what I could here, and the entire story is written in third-person from his perspective, showing how DD ended up in the position he trusted Starlight completely. There are a few headscratchers about The Cutie Map episodes that I address as well from their early planning, and very light hints of romance. Probably something I'll write a sequel to, too.

5775882 So, have you given it a read yet? How did you like it?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5