Returning from the Storm 15 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

1.) Be respectful to people and their ideas.
2.) Any chapters written should be between 3000 and 5000 words. Longer chapters can be submitted if they are a direct work between two or more authors.
3.) All chapters are going to be edited and proof-read, but it would help if those participating could try to minimise errors.
4.) When signing up, fill out the basic form below and wait for it to be reviewed.
5.) Writers can have no more than five primary characters, and at least two of these must be from Equestria or the planet that Equestria is on originally, one also having to be a canon character.
6.) Authors can use the same universe as each other if they wish, but must be placed in suitably different time zones, or else are spread far enough apart in the universe so as to ensure that they don’t run into each other before returning to Equestria. If you want to discuss how things would be influenced by the ponies in the earlier time period, then that would certainly make things more interesting. For example ponies on Kirks Crew in Star Trek may influence ponies in the time of Picard, or ponies on Catachan may hear rumours about ponies on Terra, but never actually see them.
7.) Have fun.

4105960 Seeing how this is a collab, how will the chapters work out? Will each author write their own story about their submission and have it on their profile?

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Google doc, post things together probably

4127778 Do you think we should have a Skype group? It'll make communication easier.

Comment posted by MrDenim deleted Mar 8th, 2015
FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

We could, although I've always found Skype groups to be notoriously unreliable. If you'd like to set one up then that would be great though.

If that happing what time zones in everyone in? Cause like time difference.

Ghrathryn
Group Admin

I used to use MSN Messenger with the MSN+ extension at one point, since it allowed formatting changes in the text and fairly large blocks being sent at once, I don't know about Skype's capabilities in that area. Not even sure I remember the account details for it since I've not used any form of IM program for probably getting on for half a decade.

With regards to time zone, I'm GMT since I live in Birmingham, UK.

In terms of what I'm using for writing, primarily I use WriteItNow 4, which is a scene based writing program that allows notes, characters, locations, events and ideas to be stored in the same file without having them clutter the actual writing section of it. It also allows me to manipulate scene order without having to cut/paste all the time. I also use Word for error checking to try to catch grammar errors out and anything the spelling checker in WriteItNow doesn't catch.

FenrisianBrony
Group Admin

Im UK too, and I use bog standard word

Ghrathryn
Group Admin

I used to, but my writing tends to end up with me writing scenes that should be after scenes I write later or before ones I've already written, hence switched to WriteItNow, which gives me the advantages above, though there are obviously weak points for it, some of which an older program called yWriter had better.

Who in the black country used to live in Birmingham now I'm in new Zealand.
I use word as well.

Ghrathryn
Group Admin

So, are we going to put in a closing date for applications on this or is it a case of we wait until we hit a target number?

We could start writing and still accept people while the characters are still being introduced then after that stop of maybe?or as you said we could wait for the number I think we have 5 people so far have been looking much lately :).

Ghrathryn
Group Admin

6 on the forum, 5 with you that have expressed interest in writing and only you of them that hasn't put something into the sign-up thread. I've copied those scenes to my copy of the fic so I can rearrange as needed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15