LGBT 1,079 members · 198 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Wait... Ummm... #19

Korra and Asami being #2 is an affront to God. Romance in LOK was so poorly done in general.

This is the closest we get to a confirmation on that front.

Honestly, one of the most frustrating components to the entire list is how many examples are "lots of implications with zero explicit relationship". Both those and the cops from Gravity Falls were painful to watch the first time. It really makes it feel exploitative, all in all.

I know, and They forgot AppleDash

p.s. I have a friend that is gay, who played one of the background extras in many Hallmark movies
they now can see that theirs a gay character in their movie
just Waaay in the back

what is LOK ?
edit: it should be LoK

Legend of Korra

If Hallmark did queer main characters in their feel-good movies, I'd watch the hell out of it. So, that's a step closer.

Reminds me of the background gay couple in Watchmen.

The biggest problem is that there are groups which try to attack anything with gays in it. You still can't do certain things in cartoons.

To be fair, LGBT acceptance (or really LGB acceptance) is so new that I'm surprised we've gotten this many non-hetero couples so far. It's only been like 12 years since the majority of Americans were even okay with gay marriage, let alone seeing non-hetero characters on a kids' show.

I was shocked when LoK did Korra x Asami (even though it was done so poorly). Undertale's Undyne x Alphys in 2015 was the first well-done LGBT couple in a piece of kids' media that I personally saw. I'm honestly shocked that we've gotten to the point that we can make a top 20 list.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8