The Goodfic Bin 1,253 members · 1,293 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Hard mode: For every one thing you say you don't want to see, you have to say two things you do want to see.

Genuine chemistry, introspective drama, realistic relationship talks, and honest communication between characters.

EDIT: rarer ships too

Don't: Virgin written sex scenes and Ships that aren't fundamentally OOC.
Do: Relationship building (slow burn), believable dialogue, impact of said relationships within their social circles, and romance as a secondary part to the story.

Technically we're all virgins when it comes to writing sex scenes about multicolour horses fucking each other.

Less common ones, y’know. Or some fresher takes on classic ones.
Why did you put ‘ships that aren’t fundamentally OOC’ in the ‘don’t’ section?

And I guess you don’t enjoy romance as a primary plot point?

True enough. But I meant more along the lines of getting your dick wet/hymen broken. If I read one more first time sex scene where everything is described as magical or like a shitty "Dear Penthouse" letter, my ensuing comment will net me a permaban.

I don't have a problem with mo or les pairings. Where I do have a problem is if there's no canon indications of said pairings/orientations.

Hrm. (Mo and les are typos, by the looks of it?) Do you have any examples, from specific stories or otherwise? This is pretty interesting!

Shorthand for orientations that aren't...heterosexual. Those pairings, and pairings between characters that don't really interact (or have dialogue).
Edit: Why is it guy = gay while girl = lesbian?

Oh, well there’s a lot of those beyond those two.

And those form a lot of the ships people like? Provided there’s proper development, a ship like that sails well... and probably account for most of the ones on the site that aren’t inter-six pairs?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11