Tag-a-long's Book Club 511 members · 1,121 stories
Comments ( 56 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 56

4790386 Sorry. I'll fix this right away. :twilightsheepish:

arcum42
Group Admin

No worries. I really need to do more over here, anyways...

--arcum42

4790390 Oki. It's late at night where I am at, and I have to check on dogs at 45-minute intervals.

Title: The Broken Toy
Author: DarkKnight_RUS
Genre: Adventure/Drama/Dark/Human/Sci-Fi (cyberpunk, to be exact)
Description:

Equestria is less than a memory here. There is no magic, only enormous overpopulated Gigapoleis and miracles of genetic engineering. Living creatures are being constructed and programmed, shaped and modified, enslaved and abused. This is Earth. The indifference of its people is surpassed only by their greed and cruelty. Their kindness, honesty, loyalty, and generosity are too often just words. Their laughter too often means someone’s suffering.
But while friendship stands, any evil can be brought down, right? Right?

Why do you feel it should be in this group?
I'm gonna be very bold here (VERY) when I say this story is one of a kind. The characters are very livable and the world feels so real I can almost touch it. This story kept me reading for 24 hours straight, and not a great deal of stories got me involved so much.

Name two things you like about the story:
1) The flow of the story. It's basically like a sine wave. First it takes you higher and higher to the world of pure joy and cuteness only to show you the other side of the coin later, so to say. And then, again the climb begins. This is a masterfully done move that kept me reading and became the reason why my friend and I got the idea and the passion to translate it from Russian into English.
2) World-building. The lore behind the story universe is very well-thought. Every small detail belongs where it is and because of it I got interested in the works of Isaac Asimov, which I believe the author took inspiration from.

Is there anything else you'd like to say about the story?
This is actually a Russian story. Here's the link to the original. The team I'm a part of is working very hard to bring a quality English version to you, as well as the audiobook version.
The story is only beginning its lifecycle on Fimfiction and the translation team and me are going to make sure a new chapter is ready for posting each month. Also, the story has a huge fanbase in the Russian community with a plethora of fanart and even plushies dedicated to it, not to mention its very own hardcover copy.
Although the story is Mature and has the "Sex" tag, do not expect explicit sex scenes. The maturity comes from the psychology behind the story, not the human\pony relationships you might be expecting. Basically, it's a story I wouldn't recommend to a teen, ergo the Mature tag.
Everything said above is my personal opinion based on my prior reading of the whole thing in Russian. And while many things I mentioned above you wouldn't see till more chapters are translated and published, trust me, they are very much present. Otherwise, why would I go to the effort of translating the story into English?!

Title: Rekindled Embers
Author: Applezombi
Tags: [Adventure] [Drama] [Alternative Universe] [Romance]
Views: 493
Pitch: It has been nearly a thousand years since Twilight Sparkle died. Celestia and Luna are gone. The Holy Equestrian Diarchy, ruled by a bigoted and brutal theocracy, has driven ponies apart and divided them along tribal lines. Unicorns are driven from society, feared and hated.

The lessons of friendship, painstakingly written down in the journal of friendship by Princess Twilight and her friends, have been warped and twisted to fit the Diarchy's hateful ideology. But to the average pony, this is the truth and reality of the world they live in, beset on all sides by enemies monstrous and magical.

Emberglow, a young pegasus mare, aspires to join the elite Knights, magically enhanced warriors dedicated to the holy Saints worshiped by the state religion. Can she uncover the lies and deceptions that have led the world to this bitter place?
Link: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/467562/rekindled-embers

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 56