The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 9/28/2014.

For the upcoming post, anything published after September 14 2014 is suggestable.

There are a few suggestion guidelines we'd like y'all to follow, as listed below:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was published as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was published on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

-Suggestions are not guaranteed to be featured. Please don’t expect that they will be, or ask us why a story you suggested didn’t get featured. We’ll put up what we put up—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. We’re not going to be able to please everyone. It’s just not possible for finite beings to accomplish. We simply ask that you don’t put us in the awkward position of attempting to do so anyway by demanding answers from us.

-Suggested stories may not be written by the suggesting user. It’s nice that you think your work’s good, and want to help get it out there—no, really, it is—but this isn’t really the place to promote yourself. There are other groups out there that you can use to promote your stories. In the meantime, focus on writing a story other people would want to suggest here, or suggest another author’s work that you really enjoyed.

But other than that, if you've found a recently-posted story that you thought was interesting/good/enjoyable, be sure to suggest it here and we'll be sure to check it out!

Pretty much a copy paste of last week:

Discord's the only creature in Equestria who can recognize the human for what he is -- not the long-lost Seventh Element that never actually existed and couldn't have existed before the human arrived, but a meta-reality warper, an entity far more powerful than Discord with the power to warp the minds of all around him and the very rules of magic to make sure that he's always the Big Hero. And the role the human's assigned to Discord is the Villain to beat down or kill.
Pre-reform Discord's fine with being the villain. But on his own terms. Not dancing on some alien interloper's puppet strings.
Without friendship, or even allies, Discord's going to have to find a way to defeat a creature who can alter fate itself and who can even mind-control him. Or he may just end up worse than dead.

This is written from Discord's POV and is a very different (yet very real-feeling) take on the attitude that Discord bears to being a pre-reformed villain. It is a clever, witty, hilarious insight into the world of Gary Stu (AKA Anon) and the power he doesn't even realise he wields. And it is glorious.

TGM

I'd like to recommend one.

Of Mirrors and Madness

Princess Celestia has gazed into the fiery pits of Tartarus itself, gone hoof-to-hoof with gods and demons. She is the embodiment of light, slayer of all shadows, and fears nothing.
So what happens when she finds something she does, indeed, fear?

It's a shame this doesn't have more popularity. The premise is interesting, the writing is excellent, and damn dat cover art.

Leviathan, by Horse Voice
A soliloquy exploring the reason for the greed of the Diamond Dogs. How they need it just to keep the world turning.

Much as it pains me, I wasn't actually overly fond of that story; it fell a bit flat for me. It just felt too arbitrary. :fluttershyouch:

That story reminds me of "Random Sample", a short story written in 1953 by T.P. Caravan. A story about little green men making First Contact with two 'behaviour-challenged' eight year olds, which of course led them to be disgusted with humanity and made them torch the Earth.
Flat delivery wasn't a problem with that story, but its main quality.

I would like to suggest Life Is Precious by BronyDad.

Rainbow Dash has never really given much thought to the other creatures that share her sky, but all of that changes when she finds a bird caught out in her storm. As Fluttershy tends to its injury, Rainbow befriends the bird and soon learns a lesson that will likely change her life.

Csquared08
Group Admin

3646850 3648525
Hi, friends!

Thanks much for the suggestions! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8