I See Pink/Vogonverse 248 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Okay, just started reading this group of fics and my brain being the way it is, it started spawning plot bunnies :ajbemused: :facehoof:. One of my ideas runs that someone ends up awakening a few of Vogon's 'bioroids'/clones/whatever at a factory/distribution warehouse in the UK, which leads to a few questions.

1) How long has Vogon been making their 'bioroids'?
2) Are there any limits to the source material for them? By which I mean could we pull someone from say MLP G1 or Animals of Farthing Wood or Gargoyles or even our own universes (the last presuming that we make it so there's some 'canon' for that universe in the world)?
3) What happens to a bioroid if their 'master' dies, gives them up or 'frees' them?
4) Is it possible for a newly activated bioroid to 'imprint' on another bioroid?
5) Do Vogon have any competitors in their market?
6) Do they have distribution centres world wide or limited to specific countries?
7) Has there been any attempts at breeching their security at any centre? What happened?
8) Have any bioroids been made for combat duties?
9) If bioroids are supposed to be unique, how to Vogon handle the 'faceless minions' (changelings, storm troopers, Cobra troops, foot soldiers, etc) from the various universes they draw from?
10) What are the average costs for standard frames and standard add-ons/modifications (clothing, memories, altered body sizes/proportions)? I'm presuming a baseline model with one outfit and shipping would be roughly around the 22,000 mark similar to Pinkie in the I See Pink fic, but how much of that is for her, for the memory mod, her outfit and shipping?
11) How long do bioroids live for and are there any 'kill switches' in them?

I have no idea whether I'll actually write this idea out fully or not, but the answers might be useful to someone.

4538464 I am more interested if pegasi droids can fly or unicorns can cast magic.

Dunno about the pegasi, but it's been said in one of the other threads that there is enough magic around for the unicorns/alicorns to cast spells, I think that thread mentioned earth pony strength as well, so presumably the fliers aren't left in the cold.

4538568 It is quite a big challenge for society. I mean, people can't fly, and some criminal can just buy a flying biodrone to help him in his evil deeds.

True, but there's also the likelihood of police forces and military adapting to it, either getting their own flying bioroids or equipping some of their people with jet/rotor packs.

I think to some degree it depends on the manner of flight involved. I'm going to make some assumptions here so hopefully they won't make me an ass, but if Vogon's been around a while and is making beings from various sci-fi/fantasy series, it's entirely likely they've made aerial beings before, either something like the Firelizards or faerie dragons as pets or something similar to the gargoyles or even fully functional anthro-birds or similar. If they're the only source of biodroids they probably have some way of ensuring that their customers aren't 'bad', they probably also have ways of countering flight if it's actually given, depending on how it works in their bioroids.

Market like that though, there's bound to be others, meaning other companies will have similar products that might not have built in safety features or might have less stringent checks on buyers (presuming Vogon does in the first place), meaning someone will have thought about that. Even if they don't, I presume the wookies mentioned in the first fic are Vogon biodroids, wookies are an arboreal species very good at climbing and pretty strong. It's entirely possible someone's used them or something similar in an attempted crime, a flier or a glider would be the next step up, and if there are things like anthro digimon or pokemon, even the ones that are already that type or near human, you've got things that can fly, burrow, climb or do other things.

The group's got to have been around a while, since nobody's really surprised by Pinkie being about in I See Pink, so presumably there's some form of response group or safety measure in place for other abilities. It also doesn't read like the main character in that fic is surprised by the company name, suggesting he might have heard of them before and the 'salespony' mentioned 'other models' besides the ponies. Depending on how close the bioroids are to the source materials and depending on what source materials are used along with what their possible competitors do….

Of course, with what I've read, there's not been mention of genetics being played with, but considering we're experimenting with cloning and possibly looking into gene therapy for some stuff, I'd imagine a world with roughly Shadowrun level tech in some areas would have genetics and possibly modifications for people that can afford them, both biological and cybernetic. Working wings or inbuilt jets probably aren't that unlikely.

To answer your questions, to the best of my ability:

1) How long has Vogon been making their 'bioroids'?
A:) Not very long. Their operation has been fully working since 2065. The administration services, though, have been working for hundreds of years, maybe longer... :raritywink:
2) Are there any limits to the source material for them? By which I mean could we pull someone from say MLP G1 or Animals of Farthing Wood or Gargoyles or even our own universes (the last presuming that we make it so there's some 'canon' for that universe in the world)?
A:) Yes, there is a limit. Vogon Biotechnology works exclusively with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, or MLP:G4, as it is known internally. There are spoilers as to why this is.
3) What happens to a bioroid if their 'master' dies, gives them up or 'frees' them?
A:) Well, the "biodroid" mourns them from a great while, then they continue on for as long as they can. Spoilers ahoy if you want to know more. The least I can say is that, in current planned canon, they are exceedingly rare instances of a Vogon Biotechnology product ever surviving their owner.
4) Is it possible for a newly activated bioroid to 'imprint' on another bioroid?
A:) Theoretically, yes, it's possible. Hasn't happened in canon, yet.
5) Do Vogon have any competitors in their market?
A:) Plenty! Vogon is so new to Maret that other companies have rather commanding leads in the Help-Mate industry.
6) Do they have distribution centres world wide or limited to specific countries?
A:) Vogon certainly has distribution nodes in globally strategic areas. :raritywink:
7) Has there been any attempts at breeching their security at any centre? What happened?
A:) None documented in canon, but there are planned instances of attempts at such. There be spoilers here ifye seek for more. None are successful.
8) Have any bioroids been made for combat duties?
A:) Not as of yet, but certain ponies have been duplicated with military experience, I. E. : Shining Armor.
9) If bioroids are supposed to be unique, how to Vogon handle the 'faceless minions' (changelings, storm troopers, Cobra troops, foot soldiers, etc) from the various universes they draw from?
A:) Seeing Vogon Biotechnology handles MLP:G4 exclusively, either "mooks" aren't made. As far as Changeling are concerned, Ron Jeremy Pony has plans to bring them in. Just not in the way you would imagine... :ajsmug:
10) What are the average costs for standard frames and standard add-ons/modifications (clothing, memories, altered body sizes/proportions)? I'm presuming a baseline model with one outfit and shipping would be roughly around the 22,000 mark similar to Pinkie in the I See Pink fic, but how much of that is for her, for the memory mod, her outfit and shipping?
A:) It is my understanding that customized proportions, memory mods, outfit and shipping are all included in the MSRP. Other options, like Hermaphitism, may cost extra...
11) How long do bioroids live for and are there any 'kill switches' in them?
A.) There are no "KILL SWITCHES" in VogonBiotech synthetics; mind you, there such functions in other biotechsynthetics. The average life span of a pony is roughly 150 standard Terran years, give or take. There are some exceptions to the rule, though... :trollestia:

I hope that covers everything.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6