Classical Bronies 20 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

After constant amount of listening to Symphonic Black Metal, Final Fantasy Orchestral covers and listening to the classical station on my drives back from college it is safe to say I am getting into the classical music genre.

So where do I start? Right now I have my eye on Bach's Cello Suite, and would like to know if anyone would recommend me anything? Preferably on physical CD or digital distributors?

By most standards, I'm a casual fan of classical at best, but I can at least say with confidence that you'll want to get your hands on a copy of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. The whole thing, ideally, but I suppose you could settle for just the fourth movement if you really had to.

Maybe a reply will bring this to more people's attention and you can get some more in-depth answers. Failing that, I can always ask my best friend for his input...

Worth a shot, and you sent me a recommendation atleast. :twilightsmile:

If you're still looking for some recommendations, I'd recommend a couple compilation albums featuring works, or at least excerpts of works by a variety of classical composers and digging into the popular compositions of the composers you like.
Three of the best compilation sets I've ever bought were The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD set, and a couple of CD compilations best identified with their UPC codes.
The first features a single work or excerpt from 100 different classical composers, starting with some of the earliest classical composers to more contemporary classical musicians. Its code is 5099997282228. You can use Google to find it.
The second is a set of classical piano works, piano adaptations, piano concertos, and excerpts from a more focused selection of composers. Its code is 9340650018354.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4