Classical Bronies 20 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Word Wizard
Group Admin

Who's your favorite composer?

What instrument do you play (if any)? If not, what's your favorite instrument?

What type of music?

Favorite piece?

ME:

Who's your favorite composer? Mozart

What instrument do you play? Oboe

What type of music? Chamber

Favorite piece? Mozart's Oboe Quartet in F major K.V 370

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

I play the violin. ( rather badly, I'll be honest)

John Williams is my favorite composer and my favorite song of his is "The great Shark chase" from "Jaws"

I probably haven't listened enough to enough of other classical composers' music to form an educated opinion on this, but I must say, Chopin is my main man.

I don't play any instruments, but I am a vocalist. I enjoy a lot of different instruments, and I tend to get a real kick out of listening to music with quirkier instruments like the theremin, the honky tonk, the glass harmonica, and Great Highland bagpipes. :rainbowkiss: I also love the cello, viola, and pipe organ.

I'll sing whatever fits my range well, really. Classical music isn't exactly well known for having notable music for the bass voice that aren't best song by profundos. I sing a lot of showtunes and Johnny Cash; however, a lot of other miscellaneous other pieces are in my repertoire, too.

Favorite classical piece, you mean? I've listened to way too much to pick a favorite. Prokofiev's Battle on the Ice, Rachmaninoff's Isle of the Dead, Tallis's Spem in Alium, Chopin's Aeolian Harp Etude, the rondo allegro from Beethoven's fifth piano concerto, Sir Edward Elgar's There Is Sweet Music, Dubussy's The Girl with the Flaxen Hair, and so many others speak to me on so many different levels.

Word Wizard
Group Admin

Jeez, was I narcissistic asshole or what in my music choice. At the moment, I'm on a strange combination of Ceasar Frank (pronounced Fronk), and Schumann. That quartet is fun to play, but meh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5