Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
hailspider
Group Admin

I'll be posting these bi-weekly.
These are a bit more straightforward than the standard contests. I'll be naming a character, and you'll be writing stories about that character. No other requirements.
This week's character is Marian; I know she's a bit obscure, so I added a picture.

It also conveniently includes her personality and the major conflict we've seen involving her (spoiler: she likes neither of them).
Deadline: September 19th, at midnight.

hailspider
Group Admin

4691192 As seems to be the norm, nobody bothered with this one.:ajsleepy:

4727512 I just found out about this contest and this character. I have a great idea for a story. If you give me three days or so to complete it, can I still submit it?

hailspider
Group Admin

4728000 Sure. A late entry is better than nothing.

hailspider
Group Admin

4737070 Sure; that way I can at least declare a proper winner.

Huh... if I hadn't been involved in reworking a contest entry for the writeoff, this may have been for me... but I missed it. Too many groups. The feed scrolls by too quickly.

hailspider
Group Admin

4737401 If you're still interested, I'll formally extend this contest.

I am. I'll dust off the story idea and get started.

hailspider
Group Admin

4728000 The new end date is this Friday, at midnight.

I'll be publishing my story on Wednesday.

hailspider
Group Admin

4743387 Ok. Looking forward to it.

Contest ends tonight! If you haven't published, giddy-up!

hailspider
Group Admin

4751514 Thanks for doing that! It means I don't have to.:ajsmug:

But I think it's died again. Doesn't feel right winning by default by being the only entry. So... I guess contest over?

This may be late but I'm trying to figure out the dating on this thing, when you set the due-date, how come it says the sep 19 and yet the contest is closed?

sorry new to this group and very interested in how things work.

This contest was closed September 19th of last year. It's generally a good idea to glance at the timestamp of when something was posted in situations such as this. One year is roughly 52 weeks. :pinkiesmile:

5470641 oh sorry, just got lazer eye surgery and missed the week stamp (Can't even see out of one eye still)

too bad I love contests like this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21