Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Hello Fellow Writers and Readers

The OC Contest. ends tomorrow. For those of you who do not live on the East Coast that means, you all have only Twenty Four HoursTIME'S UP(updated)to finish your stories.
WE ARE NOW IN THE JUDGING PHASE.

Don't worry, if some of you are saying "But that's not fair, my story is still being looked at by Moderators." Relax, I will take your word for it and allow after the 1st entrees so long as the reason is because you are waiting for Submission Approval. I will wait until Friday the 7th. By Saturday the 8th, the winners shall be decided and the prizes shall be given.

I hope to hear from you all soon. And I cannot wait to reread all your work! :twilightsmile:

REGARDING HOW THE PRIZES WORK:
There will obviously be only ONE first prize winner. That winner shall receive all prizes(The Review, Spot in "Winner" Folder, and Art Commission).
And the rest of you, the remaining FIVE will receive the Runner-Up Prize Equally(The Review).

Reason for only have First place and Five Runner-Up:
I understand that this is many of your first contests. I understand the fear and anxiety of getting last place. I must have a winner, but I don't want to tell any of you that you got last place. To me that doesn't fully inspire the writer. So I will give the other Five writers the Review prize in the order in which the story was entered. So there is no technical last place. If you don't approve of this method, I can just as easily go to a traditional ranking system, but the prize for the remaining Five will remain the same.

4592552 what i thought i still had until midnight its only 10:00 in the morning were I'm at I'm barely done thanks to school and family

The Nine hours for for entrees. Your story is already in, you just need to finish it before the 8th.

4592640 Just checking to confirm. Is mine submitted?

Yours has been entered and I am currently reading it. I will post a comment on the story and on your recent blog post in OC Port.

4592640 oh my bad must have misread that :twilightsheepish:

4592552 mine's awaiting approval.

It will still be accepted of that's all that's left to do.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Squee!

Though I couldn't finish my tale in time, I'm still excited to see who will win this epic contest!

I wish the best of luck to all who have entered!

4593901 What dates can we expect results?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

By Saturday the 8th, the winners shall be decided and the prizes shall be given.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4600415 Whoops, tagged the wrong person.

I will contact you first regarding the winner so we can have that commission started asap :twilightsmile:

4600426 Ah so... Today that is?

So the winner will be decided in roughly 5 days. I'm still talking to my judges.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Can't wait to see who wins!:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18