Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Hello all Rare here.

As one of the Admin's for this group, I've made it my duty to try and bring this group to the next level.

Getting together with the Admin's, we all have decided to try and make update's across the group very soon.

First starting with a simple Introduction Thread.- All major changes must start off small.

This thread will be used to Introduce ourselves to the rest of the group!- We Admin's think this might help us, get to know our member's a bit better and pull closer as a community.

This thread shall be really simple.- Nothing hard about it- No rules on how to Introduce yourself nor any list of what to say- merely come forth and say hello!

Within the future we shall be updating the group Further with item's such as- Spotlighting, Featured Stories and More!

---------

A Rare Introduction.

Hello everypony!- I go by A Rare Sight on this site.

I'm a writer by trade, I used to go by Rainbow Dash on FiMFiction- until I changed it- my reason was I felt RD had none of my personality in a name I wanted to be known for, so I changed it.

I was once a Mod for a Gaming site around Nine years ago.- I had to deal with many thing's such as rowdy people, site problem's and of course keeping the thread's running smooth.

I was almost deemed a Admin then, but outshined by someone else.

I also had a Article Published in a gaming magazine before- It was on how Female Character's within gaming do not have to be sexually presented in games as just eye candy, that if a woman is given a insightful story arc and character development- then she will shine like the star she is!

I'm from Alabama- though born in Texas.

I'm 26 years old.

Female.

I'm just about done with a seven year writing project I will one day try and get published.

I've been told I'm very nice, sweet and insightful.

I do my best to help out when needed, and believe if you give freely from the heart the sun shall always shine upon you.

My sister who sadly is no longer with us, once told me that.- I'll never forget it.

As one Admin for this group, if you ever need anything.-Be it a simple comment, suggestion or merely to talk.

My door is always open.

Love, Rare.

I am OrangishPurple(Male) for all things PC related. From gaming to well, fan fiction, I use this name on PC. Mainly because I don't want to have to remember a million different usernames for different sites, so I just use one.

Some people told me I come off as bitter online. I try not to be, but sarcasm is rarely seen as such as text. That and I play games to vent my frustrations, so I get loud.

In real life I am really easy going and,according to most of my friends, fairly funny, but a complete smartass. For new people I meet, thy don't experience that until they have known me for some time. In general I try to act as friendly as possible, but I tend to be a bit shy when I meet new people.

It takes a lot to grind my gears. However, there are times I can get annoyed at someone for a ridiculous reason. However, that almost never happens. And when I do get mad, I go off. Never hit anyone for it, but I have got in some faces.

I REALLY dislike smug people. I know that everyone can act smug given the circumstances, but people who ALWAYS act like that piss me off beyond all belief. Just one of those ridiculous reasons.Heck, I even hate myself after my smug phases pass.

I only recently attempted writing. Some may think it is good, and I am flatter by those who like my stuff, but I always tend to feel like it is garbage. Hooray for pessimism.

I recently turned 20 back in May, so that was nice.Got to spend the day with mom, also nice.

For the past few months,I have been losing weight so that I can join the Navy

And lastly, depression is a friend of mine. Not suicidally, but it happens enough. I find that talking to my friends helps, but sometimes it doesn't. Random things set it off, typically lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour, stops, then comes back in similar waves throughout the day.

I'm Dismal The Zoner. I'm fine with Dismal or Diz. I read stories, I dabble in some writing, and... I usually get bored. I read stories on this site as I do other sites, nearing my milestone of reading forty stories.

I dabble in writing and reading on this site because, although it's not my passion, I just find myself doing it very often so I just do whatever I can in the time I get to use on this site. Few people say they like so I guess that's not a bad thing.

I am CoffeeMinion! As you'd expect, I imbibe more of the hot black caffeinated stuff than is advisable.

I discovered the joy of writing sometime after starting an IRL career. I've contemplated trying to switch gears and become a professional author, but I sort of feel like I started writing either 20 years too early or 10 years too late to be at a point in life where I could make that jump. So for now, I'm writing pony fanfiction. And it is enough. :twilightsmile:

I tend to only read and write short stories due to time constraints. I also generally target what I'm writing toward one contest or another. I'm not really that type-A about needing to win ALL THE CONTEST (maybe), but I appreciate that they give me a prompt, a deadline, and at least a few guaranteed readers.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Greetings. I'm Smaug the golden. If the name didn't tell you already, I'm a fantasy fan. Part of what got me into the show, actually. I'm an admin here along with A Rare Sight and Dusk and Moonblast. I've been hanging round this group since day one, and I ended up as admin back in August 2014 when Achromatique gave up on the group for a while. I love faery tales, especially the Brothers Grimm, and I like epic adventures and poems. Mythic creatures and monsters have always been a deep love of mine, and I enjoy integrating different creatures into my works. I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope that you have fun in the group. :pinkiesmile:

Hi! I am Dusk and Moonblast!
I try not to be lazy, but I usually am. I am busy both here and in real life most of the time.

I am talkative and some say I'm friendly. I like lots of stuff and am not easily angered.

I live in the Philippines a a pure Filipino, but I wag born in California.

As another admin on this group, I am always free to talk (mostly I try but son ocassions are incredibly stressful) an I'd beore than happy to chat!

4453997 Sorry for not being too active... Did I miss anything? High School is just so stressful lately...

I’m Bad Dragon.

About me:
You've probably seen me around Fimfiction forums, where I'm very active. If not, you can check out Intriguing quotes that I made on Fimfiction.

I'm a very open person. I have an Ask Me Anything thread where you can pose any question you can think of, and I will answer it.

I’m also the creator and keeper of New Groups

About my writing:
I write beige (dry) prose without any fillers. Never using words for their own sake, I describe only what's important to the story. Describing scenery is not something I aim for, instead, I use words as a tool to portray ideas and principles.

My themes are humorous and dark. I use writing to explore new horizons. My endeavor is to find principles that are unique, new and profound.

This tool told me that I write like: J. R. R. Tolkien, James Joyce, Neil Gaiman and Ian Fleming.

As can be seen on my profile page, I have 10 published stories on this site and several more in my Google Docs, nearing completion. It’s about 200k of written material, but only about 20k of that that is published. The rest of it still waits for editing. I keep all my writing public in my Google Docs, so that anypony can follow and influence my stories from the idea phase to completion. I do this because I appreciate all the feedback and learn immensely from it. It keeps me only slightly misplaced instead of irredeemably lost.

I don't have a dedicated editor. Instead I let anypony edit my stories. I'm always glad to see people leave comments my Docs or published stories.

I am TheCrimsonDM. I've been on here for just over a year now, and I'm not going to leave any time soon. I've got several really big plans for the future, but for now I've been trying to increase my writing skills. A contest group sounds like the perfect place to do so at. XD

Hi everyone. I'm Railroad Brony. As you can probably tell, I like trains. Both of my stories center around Equestria's railroads and the ponies who earn a living making them run smoothly. I know they haven't updated recently, and that is because I have massive writers block. I am hoping this group will help with that.
I am also good with descriptive writing, especially when it pertains to mechanical objects.

Also, if anyone needs help with writing a scene on a train, or anything to do with railroading in general, feel free to ask. I am also always open for proofreading and editing.

Herlo there!
I'm Doukzor, or purple, or Regem, or Stargleam.... I go by Doukzor though! ^w^'...

I love to write, draw, and sing, though my voice can take a turn for the worst with how much it cracks.
I mainly only write Five Nights at Freddy's fics, literally only those now. For now.
Especially only that right now since Scott Cawthon added the fnaf world trailer and updated fnaf 4 today! About 24 seconds after 12 AM.
Clever one.

Uh, I'm extremely random when online, and my nickname in school Is starfruit, and my OC is Stargleam. You may be able to guess my actual name now:twilightsheepish:

I CAN NOT write a story, I have to type it. Period.

I love Video Games, and the ones I play include-
Skyrim
FNaF (fnaf world halloween edition and fnaf 2 demo since I has no money) T_T
Minecraft
Animal Jam
Agar.io

I have a deviant art account, under the same username too~
If I join a contest It'll probably be a sad one-shot or fnaf contest:raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10