Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40

This is a contest for the summer. It's due on June 1st, 2015.

Requirements:
1) Has to be at least 1,000 words, no more than 4,000
2) Has to include "For the Fun in the Summer Contest" somewhere in description
3) Should be about the Summer and must include Somepony having fun outside or at a party or something
4) No inappropriate like sex or gore or mature or clop (no idea what that is, BTW). Can be a shipfic, though.
5) You can use OCs, any characters, and any amount of characters. Can also be EG or pony.

What the contest is about:
Write a story that takes place IN THE SUMMER. Include any fun, Summer activities. That's really all I can think of.

Prizes:
1st= A story of their choice. No inappropriate or rated teen. You will also get an MLP sketch, as well.
2nd= A story of their choice. No inappropriate or rated teen.
3rd= An MLP sketch.

If you have questions, please ask. I hope you enjoy the contest! :pinkiehappy:

Here are some examples of my art:

4278798 I'm not sure I can-!
BOOM!
My mind just rocketed something I'm in! (If I remember.)

Good Luck everybody!

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4278798 Just a brief request. I'm fine if you choose not to, but could you change the contest name? There's already a 'Fun in the Sun' contest going on, and I don't want people to get confused.

4278892 Oh! Sure! Sorry!

4278816 Yay! Thanks for entering!

Can i be in this contest?

4278979 Of course! Everyone's welcome!

Now, i am confused with the first rule. I could understand if one does a one shot, but if one does multi-chapter, is the 4000 word limit count per chapter or does the story need to be 4000 words only?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Sign me up for this contest as well, I had a great idea for a fic to use in a contest but it didn't fit the spring theme.

The summer theme is more in tune with it though.:raritywink:

4279427 Thanks and I'm glad my contest fits your idea! :pinkiehappy:

4279149 Oh. I can change that. It was random anyway.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4278798 Just filling you in, I forgot to give this a folder and sticky it, it now is/has both.

hailspider
Group Admin

4294584 It already had a folder. I deleted the extra.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

It's due on June 1st, 2015.

My birthday!

I'll enter if I can think of a good idea by then.

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4278798 Count me in! Hopefully this'll snap me out of my writers block. Might write a shipfic :D

4297272 Yay! Thanks! :pinkiehappy: Hope the contest helps and is fun!

4296168 That's cool! :pinkiehappy: What a coinkadink! :rainbowlaugh: Hope you enter!

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

4298142 I have an idea now! It's not gonna be a ship fic, but friend bonding! :pinkiehappy:

4299317 Sounds good! :pinkiehappy: Good luck! :heart:

MyChemicalRomano
Group Contributor

MLPEGRRR is now (permanently?) banned from Fimfiction. :fluttercry:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4348142 Oh My!- What happened?

Also if that is true, we will have to see what we can do about this contest.

4355050 As I understand it, she was banned for being under the site's age limit of 13.

Obviously, I would never recommend that users under the age of 13 keep their age private.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4355055 I see.

I've left her alt account a message about if she will be continuing this contest, I see though she hasn't been on for over a week and almost two weeks.

Depending on what happens and how many have already entered this contest, I shall discuss with other admins what to do.

4355065 You mean "I_AM_OCTAVIA"? That was banned too. That's what the strikethrough text means (in the header of her user page).

I don't know that it's a permanent ban, but I suspect that it's at least until her 13th birthday (which is more than two years away, according to information on her first account's user page).

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4355084 I did not see the strike through the octavia one, I must be getting tired lol.

I shall discuss what to do with Golden.

4355116 FWIW, I'd be happy to volunteer to judge. I'd half been planning to enter, but I couldn't really think of any ideas, and wouldn't have had the time to write a decent entry anyway. Though I wouldn't be able to offer any prize.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4355138 I'm talking it over with Golden.

I don't see any entries as of yet., but if this contest does wish to be continued.

And it is greenlighted with Golden, I wouldn't mind if you judged this contest Vital.

Perhaps extend the contest to mid June or late June, I would be willing to offer up a prize for the contest.

But again let me get goldens thoughts on this first.

Love, Rare.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4355138 Well I've greenlit the contest, That said Vital do you still wish to judge this contest?- if so would you feel like judging alone or do you wish to add a second judge to help you.

If you wish to add a judge merely ask any of the admins- I myself can help if you wish.- or you may pick a judge of your own.-If that's the case I will grant he/she contributor status as well as the same status to yourself.:raritywink:

4370124 If anyone that I follow enters the contest, then I'd like a second judge, because I don't know if I could remain unbiased. I love them too much. :heart:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4370142 I know the feeling I've had to judge a couple of friends now, but a judges duty is to remain un-biased at all costs!

If you need a second judge, or add one just give me a heads up.- I shall upgrade your status now.:raritywink:

Interesting.I might participate.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Update: The Wonderful Paperscribbles has offered a prize for the contest!

A nice One-Shot Story Commission No NSFW- Rated everyone or Teen.

Also a single pony drawing in a neutral position.

Hope to see many enter this contest!

So far, we've only had one entry into this contest.

I'd like to suggest we push back the entry date to Sunday, 21 June 2015, which will be the Summer Solstice, and thus a fitting date for the theme of the contest.

What do people think?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4415393 You are the judge Vital, If you feel that would help the contest, then feel free to do so.

Just give a reply updating the time, I'll also look into posting a blog spotlighting this contest-try and get a few more people to enter.

Yeah, sorry if i haven't done anything for this contest

I have been very busy as of late. I apologize.

4415393 Sounds fair.
Win or lose, I'll read these stories and laugh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40