Family Bonds 175 members · 719 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
BlackSkulls
Group Admin

Since this is a group based around families, I thought it'd be nice for people to be able to share and discuss their headcanons for My Little Pony families. :twilightsmile:

Copying my headcanon from another group because I don't wan to type them up again. :twilightsheepish:

The bigger/important families have surnames.

...Whether or not those surnames are used or not. Let's say that Twilight's family is nobility and has been for like, ever. That would make her house the Sparkle house, which every member of that family would get that surname. So it'd be Twilight Velvet Sparkle, Night Light Sparkle (that was the dad's actual name, right?), Shining Armor Sparkle, and of course Twilight Sparkle.

This also implies the same for the Apple Clan. Granny Smith Apple, Applejack Apple, Big Macintosh Apple, Apple Bloom Apple, etc you get the point.

Now, whether or not the individual ponies use said surname is on them, especially f their name is already a mouthful as it is.

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor

3524023 My head canon:
The Belle family originates from Canterlot. The parents got fed up with the pretentious city. They packed their bags and moved to Ponyville to get away from it all. Rarity still misses it and wants to make up for the things they left behind.

Emperor Of Nothing
Group Contributor

3524023 When it comes to names, my head-canon is that using a curtain subject in the naming process is an earth pony tradition since before Equestria was founded. Pound and Pumpkin Cake are the only non-earth ponies I can think of that are named in that manner, but that's because the parents are earth ponies.

The Eternal Dragon
Group Contributor

Pegasus family aren't really close. We've only seen when it comes to the main cast we've seen Pinkie's, Rarity's, and Twilight's parents. Assuming that AJ's parents have past on, then only Fluttershy's and Rainbow's parent have never received much or any mention. Same goes for Scootaloo since she's the only one of the CMC to not have a sister, that we're aware of. It's possible that family bonds don't really exist among Pegasi.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3524023 Mine
Twilight is Spike's adopted mother, with Flash Sentry being like a father figure to him.
Spike's real parents were killed

Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents are snobbish nobles who only care about themselves, but Rarity and Sweetie Belle are nicer

I'll get back to you on the rest.

Emperor Of Nothing
Group Contributor

3525604 Rainbow's father is sort-of shown in her flashback during the first Equestrian games episode.

Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents are snobbish nobles who only care about themselves, but Rarity and Sweetie Belle are nicer

They didn't seem snobbish in Sisterhoof Social.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3525685 headcanon for my SpikeBelle series. They're nicer in the rest of my stories.

keam
Group Contributor

Bon Bon and Twist are sisters. It was Twist who convinced Bon Bon to signed up for a dating site for mares, this leading to hear meeting Lyra.

Meet the Jelly family!

From left to right: Flora Jelly, Jerry Jelly, Hughbert Jelly

They live in Manehattan, but one day they went to Ponyville for a vacation on Hearts and Hooves Day. Needless to say, it didn't end well. Flora and Hugh are Jerry's parents.

3524023 Considering that none of their children speak it, Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz only speak in "Ye Olde English" when in mixed company, or in situations where it is considered polite to speak in such a tonuge. They don't actually speak it all the time, the only times they say it in family situations is when they get really angry.

Can this group also be about our families in real life?.

You know, so we can talk about our lives.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11