Adda's Bookshelves 69 members · 1,852 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Adda le Blue
Group Admin

As an author myself, I can tell you that there have been many times when I simply wanted to give up. I've often felt that a story wasn't coming together as it should, or that it was heading in an unintended direction and events were spiraling out of control. There have been times when I couldn't open my word processor without my hooves starting to tremble in fear. Some days I'll sit for hours staring at a blank page, just hoping that the words will come. Well, that is part of being an author. Writer's block, missed deadlines, angry mobs... It happens to us all. It's rough work, being an author, but being able to see how it moves our readers, how the simple act of sharing a story seems to bring us closer together, makes it all worthwhile.

So, this thread is here so you and I can share those authors we feel deserve so much. Those who write so many stories that we begin to take them for granted, yet manage to make all of them worth a read. Somepony who wrote one story in their lifetime which ended up being one of the Equestria's greatest novels of the latest century. Somepony who has fantastic ideas and wonderful prose, but doesn't speak English very well and is therefore held back by a language barrier. Anypony, really! If you have a name you'd like to throw out there, speak out! They deserve it.

I know this thread doesn't get much attention, but after browsing your collection I feel there is a few good people who's stories you can give a good loook at. The First is a good friend of mine crowscrowcrow. He's writing a good story about Trixie after the ursa minor inccident. Its premises is that Trixie ended up living with Fluttershy and over the course of a week, so far, she had developed a complex relationship with both her and Rainbow Dash.

The story is called Trixie's Forest Retreat.

That being said, they go through the week of struggles keeping Trixie a secret from Ponyville as much as possible while working out the complex relationship between the three of them.

I know that's not a very good explanation but I don't want to spoil anything in the story. Admittedly I forgot much of the details after not reading it in so long, but its A good story and I feel you may enjoy it.

The next author I suggest you look into is a writer named Wave Blaster and his story Actually I'm Dead. The story, once again centers around Trixie but this time after the Alicon Amulet event. Th ebiggest differenc ein this story however, is that Trixie finds that the Alicorn Amulet is now bonded to her in such a way that she can't 'live' without it on her at all times.

Now she's forced to wear it in order to continue living and she has become a, sort of lich, zombies, sepceter thing? I'm not really sure what she is other than she looks like she shouldn't be among the living. Now she struggles with her new outlook on, 'life' while dealing with the hate of all ponines as Twilight tries to help her.

The last is actually one of my stories I wish to get peoples opinions about. It's called Trixie Secretary Extraordinaire!

The Premise is after the alicorn amulet again. This time Trixie retreats to the town hall where she encounters the mayor of Ponyville, named Mary. After a brief talk she decides to hire Trixie as her secretary and the two spend time together as Trixie finds her place in Ponyville and love. It has lots of conflicts about personal views and lots of cuddly love!

During the course of a week Trixie works as Marys assistant and at Sweet Apple Acres as par to f her community service to Ponyville. Her primary conflict focus is Applejack as she doesn't share Trixie's view points on life, but a strange twist of fate brings them closer than either imagined.

Just thought you'd might like these Trixie fics. If you can take a look at them and tell the authors what you think. That'd be great! Hope you like them.

Zalla661

Or as I once put it, the biggest Most Obnoxious Trixie Fan in FIMFICTION!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2