The Twidash Army 569 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 188 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 188
LightningBass94
Group Admin

The TwiDash Army Presents: Ava and Bassie's Really Real Reality Competition!

Prompt: TwiDash. Any genre (except clop). Write a story that is based on real life events, be those events that happened to you specifically, or events that happened to someone very close to you. Collaborations accepted, but prize will be split. The two of you will have to work out how that will work amongst yourselves.

Due Date: July August 15th. No extensions granted for laziness! If you're in the hospital or on deployment, we understand! (And wish you well.)

Rules: (subject to slight changes):

Word limit— 2,000 - 16,000 (May be multi-chapter, but don't bite off more than you can chew.)

Rating— Everyone - Teen - Mature (No clop for this one)

No explicit sex

Judges may enter, but just for fun. If a judge wins or places, their place doesn't actually count for anything, and they cannot accept the prize. That just wouldn't be fair. :raritywink:

Judges:

Surry

LightningBass94

FrozenInTime

Still gathering the rest. Will be a total of 5-6 judges in all. (Don't come to us. We will come to you.)

Winner will be judged using the same scoring rubric used for last month's contest.

Prize: Yet to be determined. Surry will be providing it.

HOW TO ENTER: State your intent to compete in the thread below in ORANGE lettering please. :rainbowwild:

The folder for contest entries will be re-opening soon as well, which will close on the end date at midnight.

For any specific questions, please refer to Surry or LightningBass94 with PM's.

3346099 Sure, why not, I join.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3346109 Congrats on being first. :twilightsmile: I hope things go better for you this time around. Good luck.

3346122 lets make it a tradition that i join each contest first, or something, it seems to be happening.

Okay, I'll bite.
Withdrawn.

I have so much else to work on, though... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to get something passable by the due date.

Hmmm... with my other projects I'm working on, I'll probably sit this one out (unless an idea comes to me I really like). I am open to judging if asked however. :twilightsmile:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3346130 Though I'd love to read another of your stories, you don't have to join. Don't force it. :twilightsmile:

3346135 We'll see. :pinkiesmile:

I'm n. I'm gonna show you whippersnappers a thing or two :trollestia:

3346099 Thank you, man. You always pull through for me.

The next month will feel like I'm insanely productive... I've got three stories close to ready to come down the line. Except I've been working on at least one of them for more than a month. Just... kinda pursuing a lot of threads all at once, y'know? And I think I'm going to withdraw. Too many things to do already. Was a bit premature of me to try and join.

Good luck to everypony else!

And every dragon else. :raritywink:

Quick question, does the story have to have them be / end up in a relationship? Or would, say, unrequited feelings be acceptable too?

Not throwing in my orange yet, as RL will be demanding the next few weeks (Holidays! Travelling! :yay: )

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Ooh, an interesting prompt. I'd join just for the lols but I'm having enough trouble writing a story based on true events (well, based on true facts that are taken way, way out of context) for another contest. I'd be happy to help in whatever other ways I can, though!

I can whip up two thousand words.

Oh, wait, orange?

*ahem*

Why not?

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3346963 Lol. It's no problem, really. I may buy a prize for this one too. I'll have to check Amazon first.

3346968 Lol. Alright. I hope to see you in the next one. :twilightsmile:

3346995 They need to be in a relationship or it needs to at least be "complicated." There's a lot of leniance with this one, considering the genre can be anything, so I ask at least that. It doesn't have to be the main main focus, though.

3346999 Ava and I thought of it when we realized just how Twidash-y the way we got together was. :twilightblush:

3347160 :trollestia: Lol. I see what you did there. :ajsmug:

Thanks for the clarification. And poof goes idea #1. I'll see if I can come up with something else :twilightoops:

Right after bemoaning the distinct lack of TwiDash-iness in my life thus far :twilightangry2:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I'm not sure if you mean what I think you mean, but I doubt you'd be expected to represent your story exactly as it happened in real life. After all, not everypony here can claim to be a bicurious celebrity with a book fetish, right? I can't see why you shouldn't use the event as a starting point and tweak it in certain ways to turn it into a contest-worthy story, as long as you don't tweak it too much, haha.

Thoughts on the above?
Oh, and I've been thinking of what I could write about for this, and I've only come up with two ideas... One gets adult and the other would get me lynched by the TwiDash crowd, haha.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3347634 Sorry. :unsuresweetie:

After all, not everypony here can claim to be a bicurious celebrity with a book fetish, right?

I just shot strawberry milk out of my nose for the first time since 7th grade. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh, and you're correct, Adda. It doesn't have to be a true story, just based on a true story, 3347634. If I wanted to and tried hard enough, I could turn 9/11 into a story about a flounder and a pastry chef. :pinkiecrazy:

One gets adult and the other would get me lynched by the TwiDash crowd, haha.

I'm curious to hear these ideas, actually. :trixieshiftright:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

:rainbowlaugh:

Does the pastry chef ever learn to return the flounder's feelings for him?

Oh. Well, um... Private messages it is.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3347746 Yes, but then the pastry chef is murdered. :fluttercry:

After all, not everypony here can claim to be a bicurious celebrity with a book fetish, right?

a) :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

b) I feel the need to point that you instantly assumed I was gonna identify with Twilight. No objection, mind you. I know, avatar and all, I still just found it funny :twilightsmile:

On a more serious note, I'm very aware that I can use artistic license :twilightsmile: but I honestly see no way how I could tweak that particular event-based idea (and the central theme) to meet with Bassie's requirements. Oh well, if last contest is any indication, I'm gonna have it slowly stew somewhere in the back of my head, and an idea will pop up like five days before the deadline :twilightsmile:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3347790 Lol. Good luck. You could write about Rainbow Dash having a hard time coming up with an idea for the contest. :rainbowlaugh:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Actually, that thought didn't even cross my mind! :rainbowlaugh: Sorry, I'm a bit distracted at the moment. It was simply that Twilight is the one with whom I identify.

Well, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Only time will tell.

Yes, and then Twilight appears with a blank book and a pot of ink and licks her face because reasons.

Where in the flying feather is my head right now?

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3347847 In the gutter, I think. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild: That would certainly be random and entertaining. :rainbowlaugh:

...:pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp:

I just had a one-shot idea! :pinkiehappy::heart:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Um... glad I could help? :twilightsheepish: Hey, who said it was dirty? My best friend and I occasionally have face-licking wars and tickle-fights.

My best friend and I occasionally have face-licking wars and tickle-fights.

Are you a fluffle puff?

3347847 3347751

Yes, but then the pastry chef is murdered.

Yes, and then Twilight appears with a blank book and a pot of ink and licks her face because reasons.

I demand the two of you write that story! :rainbowdetermined2: Um, I mean, if that's okay with you :yay:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

Actually, yes! :rainbowlaugh: When my little circle first got her into ponies she decided that the two of us were Fluttershy and Fluffle Puff.

Um... Okay, I'm a fan of going against expectations, but it's going to be difficult to merge those two stories... unless the Flounder and the Pastry Chef is the story-within-a-story that Rainbow Dash is trying to write! :pinkiehappy: And Twilight taught her about parables and Rainbow took it way too far and the Pastry Chef is a blatant satire of Pinkie Pie, who's totally into Twilight and trying to steal her away but Twilight is way too cool and level-headed, and Twilight is the flounder because she, like, has eyes on the back of her head or something and we're totally not talking about the possible symbolism of fish. No way.
And then Pinkie Pie breaks in through the bay window and slaps Rainbow across the face with an oddly-shaped fish, leaving the other side of her face damp. Because... because reasons!

Blame it on gummy bear-flavored Mountain Dew and the fact that I've listened to nothing but Lead Belly, Violent Femmes and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah all day.

Your turn, Bassie!

Hexy
Group Contributor

3347724 I knew I wasn't the only one who liked strawberry milk.

Times you had me burst in tears of laughter tonight: two (thus far) :rainbowlaugh:

Couple days ago, I wrote an atrocious story about how the rainbow power in the season 4 finale switched the minds of Cadance and Twilight. They explain what happened to Shining Armor, and Cadance, in Twilight's body, wonders how they will continue their tradition of having a night of wild sex every time a threat to Equestria is defeated. What ensues is probably close to what you would expect.

Did I say this was atrocious? Because it really, truly was.:rainbowlaugh:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

:pinkiehappy: Awesome. That's probably the last of it, though. I should be hitting the hay pretty soon.

Oh, so that's where that little snippet about Twilight's rockin' booty came from. :rainbowlaugh: Hey, I lolled. Call it a win. 'So Bad It's Good' is still good!

I've also kicked an idea around that involves Pinkie Pie handling peanuts in Sugar Cube Corner. It turns out every pony in Ponyville is allergic to peanuts, and Pinkie's hugs spread the allergy around like a virus. Soon, it spreads all over Equestria, putting everyone's life in danger. Twilight magics Rainbow into being immune, and the only way to cure every pony if for Rainbow to hug them. She runs out of time, and the story culminates in a Sonic Rainboom into the Crystal Heart, spreading the cure across the land.

I also have a story about Fluttershy leading her animals in bloody revolution against their pony overlords.

I really need to write faster.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

[bloody magical peanut stuff]

Oh my stars. This has to become a thing!

[Fluttershy's... thing]

I don't even. That could be a great comedy or Equestria's strangest adventure story. All I'm saying is that I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get to see a catfight between Daisy Jo and Applejack.

And I am going to write something inspired by what you came up with! I am trying to think up a title. I have no idea how to put that into a title that even remotely makes sense without giving away the whole premise.

I do intend to treat it as a raunchy comedy with extra raunch dressing and a side of raunch dip. Because that pun didn't get old fast. But... Yeah. Thank you, Minds Eye. It promises to be... interesting.

I await with bated breath.

And a towel.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

"Do a Little Shake"!

Other stories first... It's actually going to be a real story with a plot, a buildup, a payoff and a coherent bunch of everything. Hopefully.

Hexy
Group Contributor

3347889 I'm sorry, but this is amazing. It reminds me of this dream I once had. But that's a story for another time. Back on topic, you have just earned yourself thirteen awesome points!:yay:

Sure, why not? I'm in.:moustache:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3348968 Oh no! Oh lord! It's the kool-aid guy! :pinkiegasp: :rainbowlaugh::heart:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3349105 :rainbowlaugh::heart: That was the best video chat ever!

I didn't watch that video:fluttershysad:

3349133 we were reading the kool-aid story :twistnerd:

Does the story have to be an all out romance or is it okay if it just hints at it?

Also, does it matter if I release this story before the contest? Like say I finish and publish this story tomorrow, I can still enter it right?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 188