The Admin's Group 204 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

The spam problem has been particularly bad today: seems like over half the entries in my feed are advertising ripped movies or ripped sports streams. Three or four accounts are at fault, but of course they're burners.

Is there any way the site could implement two-factor authentication or character-recognition verification for creation of new accounts?

Do you mean forum threads rather than blogposts?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Uh, ed...

This "admin group" is about group admins. Not site staff.

Sorry. I was trying to find the proper venue for this. Could you point me in the right direction?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Sending a message to any member of staff would work just fine.

If you're after somewhere more public, however, the Staff page or FAQ page would also work

Meeester

Capcha was disabled while knighty was testing and neglected to re-enable it after the fact. Good catch.

The problem has gotten decidedly worse on the past six hours. If I just look at the general blogposts feed it's several pages of solid spam.

Edit: When i use the "recent blog posts" function, I can't get past the solid spam even after going several pages back on the feed. Bots are opening new accounts literally by the minute.

We've basically become a huge free advertising site for stolen movies and any malware they transmit.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7