Birthdayverse 219 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Lord-Commander
Group Admin

Welcome to the Birthdayverse Club - a club for fans of the Princess Twilight Sparkle and Empress Rarity birthday stories.

I thought it would be a great idea to welcome everyone here that has joined, its great to have some people and that number will only grow as time goes on. In that thought, I also think its a good idea to have a introduction thread - so come in, and tell us who you are! Talk about yourself, why you decided to come in, your favorite things and MLP things. this is time where we want to hear more about you.

For me, I'm Blood Lord. That should be very clear to see. I got involved with Autumnschild clear back in Princess Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday and got enlisted to help on the second chapter. From then on I was his pre-reader for his stories. When Empress Rarity was mentioned in, I believe PTS505, that's when I started the idea for Empress Rarity's 250th Birthday - took me a while to approach him about it. Now I'm, dare I say, as close to his equal as I can possibly get in this universe and share a equal hand with him in its continuing development.

My favorite pony is Rarity and I came into the fandom of MLP a little differently than others. I got interested in the fans of MLP first, not the show. Which is a bit different. What attracted me was the darker aspect of the fandom (clearly by the Little Miss Rarity avatar) with works like My Little Amnesia 2, Rainbow Factory, and Cupcakes. Seriously, how can someone take something that is suppose to be happy like that and twist it. Then there was the amazing artists, gifted musicians, and talented writers. They brought to life a world of endless possibility and joy. Something I wanted to learn more about, and to make this story short, I eventually ended up here.

I love to draw, read, dirt biking and snowboarding is my thing to do outside. Right now I am currently a Nursing Student.

So now that this is out of the way, who the heck are you guys? Let us know!

Hellos, I am a theatre student and I also enjoy reading this verse that you have helped expand. Keep up the good work!

Call myself Scion on the site. Joined sometime around the end of 2011, I think?? At the very least that's when I began reading the stories.

I came in to MLP from outside as well- it started with a TVTropes rec for a Portal/MLP crossover. I didn't know any of the main characters from MLP, no setting, no nothing, but something about the story resonated with me and drew me in, and I was hooked.

Still, I guess I don't consider myself a real 'brony'- I can't stand the show, it's just so sugary I can barely watch it. Like cake frosting, you love it when you're younger but as an adult... well, yea. I do love the fanfictions on the site though. The MLP verse is just so bursting with potential that I love reading about all of it.

My favorite stories are alternate universe stories, and I saw Twilight Sparkle's 500th birthday right when it came out and began reading it right then. Loved the characters, loved the setting, a wonderfully crafted story, and I've read all the others in the same universe too.

2784728 You don't need to know anything more about me except that I'm a reptilian from another planet who was stranded on Earth after losing my mother to necromantic savages. :pinkiesad2:

I am currently obsessed with MLP: FiM (obviously) and hope to write professionally someday. And that's all you need to know. :pinkiehappy:

Autumnschild
Group Admin

Hey I'm Dan.

How I got into the horses... My kid talked me into sitting down to watch an episode on Netflix. It was Secret of my Excess, and I had no idea what was going on. But I was hooked. He, his mom, and I spent the following weekend watching the available seasons on Netflix.

I started reading pony fiction on 4chan, of all places, as I was linked to the /mlp/ board from /tg/ at some point. Shout out to /tg/ here, board games are my first love. It took a week to sift through the chaff and find some decent stuff there before I discovered FIMFiction. It was a few months before I created the account and even longer before I decided to give writing one a shot.

I started the first chapter of Princess Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday as a stand alone story. It was the first piece of fiction I had ever published. The first I had written since I was about 6 years old and wrote a script for a Godzilla movie on an Apple II. Yeah, old school.

Blood Lord's comment on PTS500 was the first comment I ever got, I think. It got me thinking about improving my writing instead of just calling it a one off and moving on to something else.

My wife is my joy, and my stepson is awesome. Life is pretty good here in Seattle. I actually can't say if I have a favorite pony. It fluctuates, but if I did it would probably be a pony of my own creation. Who doesn't love their own OCs?

Hey guys. Names DatBassBro. The name comes from my love of basses and plays on "dat ass" phrase.

I know blood lord irl and came to see what the fuss is about. Only read the rarity story and the twilight 25 one. Hope get to change that soon..

I found Twilight's 25th on the featured and became a fan of the series.

The name is Neoarcad. But you can't pronounce that, because it's not a real word, silly. So you can call me Neo instead.

I got into ponies back in 2011 or so, between S1 and S2. First episode was "Over a Barrel", and of course it was like snorting crack. But I actually got interested through the brony music scene (back then there were like six people in it), and I got there through my love of Eurobeat, and I got THERE through an anime called Initial D. So you can blame fast cars and Japan, I guess.

Anyway, I knew of FiMFiction for a long time, but didn't make an account or read anything here until summer of 2013. I needed some stuff to read on a long road trip, so I downloaded a couple of fics to my Kindle, and holy shit, it's been a new obsession since then. My favorite genre is adventure, especially stuff like SSXE's "Austraeoh" and its sequels. I also enjoy tragedies for some twisted reason, but I do NOT partake in all that Cupcakes shit that folks like BL are so into. Just not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I recently came upon Princess Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday somehow. The cover art drew me in, and then BAM, it was like a cobra strike. I never knew what hit me.

I'm going to write some stories for the Birthdayverse, hoh yes. This joint is about to get jumpin' like Jack Flash. You don't even KNOW. :pinkiehappy:

Autumnschild
Group Admin

Fun fact: I did fan translations of the Wangan Midnight manga in college, which is to Initial D what :trixieshiftleft: is to :twilightsmile:.

Also, jumping jack flash, you say?

[youtube=MvLCnKqYWzA]

Also also, welcome!

Lord-Commander
Group Admin

I also enjoy tragedies for some twisted reason, but I do NOT partake in all that Cupcakes shit that folks like BL are so into.

Bwhahaha. I haven't read Cupcakes in a long time, nor Rainbow Factory. Might have to go read them again after I'm done with "Blood Cursed Boutique". Although I like dark/gore fics like that, I'll never be able to pull them off.

Welcome, Neo. Can't wait to see what you can dish out for us. I believe I actually have your "Night Shift" story in my colossal stack of "Read Later" stuff.

EDIT: What tragedy stories do you like? Have you read "The Hanging of Twilight Sparkle"?

Happy Birthday!!

I'm Calden as the name on the right suggests. It's a name I came up with when I was playing Skyrim and decided my name wasn't nordic enough so I went with Calden... SUCCESS?

Got into the show a in the gap between S3 and EG and pretty much just binged it all in a fortnight after watching Magical Mystery Tour Cure. What really has kept me here is the fan works, more so the music and literature than the art and animations. Eventually say Twilight's 505th in the featured box I think and read them all very quickly, although I only just found Blood Lord's fic and regret not seeing it sooner.

IRL I am history nerd, really appreciated Spikegustus Magicaesarborn (all the wordplay), and there is a special place in my heart for history gaming related to that (a lot of CIV V and Paradox grand strategy stuff like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings but weirdly I've never gotten into total war) and ASOIAF because of how well George R R Martin is able to recreate the instability of feudal Europe...

Tumbleweed

I mean yay horses :scootangel:

Autumnschild
Group Admin

Success in your naming choice. Much better name than Gruntfist Punchslab, my Skyrim character. Man, she was vicious.

Welcome!

I watched Ponies Re-enact Lord of the Rings. From their, it was three all-nighters in a row to get through seasons 1-3. I got hooked on fanfiction by reading The Alicorn Scrolls, leading me to this site. After that, it was aimlessly reading fanfictions until I got involved on a RP in the NLR. That was about the time I started to try to take a more active role in the site. I started joining groups, and eventually got a few admin jobs. Now, I join interesting looking groups, check out what they're on about, and try to help out where I can.

Lord-Commander
Group Admin

Awesome! Welcome aboard then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15