I Have No Friends 62 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

2909495 Why do you feel like that. Did you discover an alien artifact? Portal to Equestriy?

2910598 No I feel like an idiot but about the portal to equestria thing. I beleive in the multiverse theory. That there can be one universe and the other universe and a unlimited amount of universal variations of the two in the middle but never a third.

2910603 You could have infinite amount of universes, but some things would still be imposible. It's like prime numbers. There are infinite amount of them, but most of the numbers don't fit in that category. I'm pretty sure that even multiverse can't bring Equestria to life. :fluttercry:

So why do you feel like an idiot? :unsuresweetie:

2910748 thats what I just said. We can have an infinite number of universes but only between two universes because a third could cause...complications.

I got done drawing a picture of derpy that took me 13 hours and I finished it....and realized I drew her underped...(normal eyes) :facehoof:

2910755 So, what is the only second universe (with infinite amount of in between universes) like?

Just leave the picture as it is. Derpy doesn't always have derped eyes. You could even caption it with "You even made Derpy look!" :derpytongue2:

2910803 The other universe could be anything, but the thing is like I said like three time now :rainbowlaugh: there can only be two and millions of variations of these two, but if there are is a third then......*imitates explosions*

2910838 Where did you get that theory? What's the logic behind it? And what is the upper limit to the 'variation'.

2911045 I studied it myself, just think about it. If you had two different types of cereal and you had to choose one. Once you choose one you create a new variation of the universe, one where you chose what you wanted to eat, there's also the a different variation where you choose another, along with one where you don't eat at all, now there isn't exactly any proof that there is another universe but if there is a metaphorical rope tied to our universe extending outward, then there has to be another universe right? In that universe I believe its like the negative version of ours. For instance in the second universe the germans could have won world war two and the hole earth in the second universe could be speaking german and screaming "HEIL HITLER" but this also falls in with the possibility that it may be a variation instead of a second universe because the slight choice can cause a whole new variety of universes to pop out....

sorry for ranting

2911072 What if you had three types of cereal to choose from, what then?

What makes you think you have any choice in the matter. What if I told you, that human brain is just an inefficient biological computer, that acts on deterministic principles.

If there was a separation of universes, don't you think it would happen way before Earth existed? Like at Big bang, for instance. If that was the case, then the alternative universe probably doesn't even have our planet in it.

What makes you think that there is a metaphorical rope tied to our universe?

If choices were the cause of new universes forming, then there would not be infinite amount of them, because there were limited number of choices made in the past.

If choices make new universes, why do you insist that there are only two?

What makes you think that a third universe would explode the other two?

2911197 I didn't necessarily say that the world was going to explode, I said that complications will occur and the cereal thing doesn't fall in with the third universe consequence because it would count as a choice leading to variation which stays within one or two universes. Wait, hold on....theres a miscalculation...

2911197 scrap my original idea, or at least parts of it there are at least seven universes.

2911380 So, where did the number 7 come up from?

2911489 Well, I was looking at the universes like two things tethered together, but what if you look at them as if they were layers?

2911489 or maybe levels. well think about it, if we make decisions that create variations of that universe, what if we make choices that effect that universe. The change would be so big that it would "grow a layer". Or maybe thats just with the chaotic inflation theory...

Quilted
The quilted multiverse works only in an infinite universe. With an infinite amount of space, every possible event will occur an infinite number of times. However, the speed of light prevents us from being aware of these other identical areas.
Inflationary
The inflationary multiverse is composed of various pockets where inflation fields collapse and form new universes.
Brane
The brane multiverse follows from M-theory and states that each universe is a 3-dimensional brane that exists with many others. Particles are bound to their respective branes except for gravity.
Cyclic
The cyclic multiverse has multiple branes (each a universe) that collided, causing Big Bangs. The universes bounce back and pass through time, until they are pulled back together and again collide, destroying the old contents and creating them anew.
Landscape
The landscape multiverse relies on string theory's Calabi–Yau shapes. Quantum fluctuations drop the shapes to a lower energy level, creating a pocket with a different set of laws from the surrounding space. Laura Mersini-Houghton has developed this theory and made five predictions in 2006, four of which have since been observed: the CMB cold spot (2007, 2013); preferred direction associated with the quadrupole, octupole alignment (2013); CMB power suppression at low multipoles (2013); dark flow (2009); and, the deviation of the CMB amplitude (2010). Her theory of the origins of the universe from the landscape multiverse is not phenomenological. The theory and its predictions are derived from fundamental physics and first principles by using quantum cosmology for the wavefunction of the universe on the landscape and calculating decoherence and quantum entanglement among various surviving branches.
Quantum
The quantum multiverse creates a new universe when a diversion in events occurs, as in the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
Holographic
The holographic multiverse is derived from the theory that the surface area of a space can simulate the volume of the region.
Simulated
The simulated multiverse exists on complex computer systems that simulate entire universes.
Ultimate
The ultimate multiverse contains every mathematically possible universe under different laws of physics.

2912220 It's so easy to make a human. You can practically do it in a test tube.

Now to think that this random lup of molecules could somehow generate an entire universe seems ludicrous to me. We're just a lump of molecules. There's nothing special about humans. We're just walking computers. We don't make decisions, our brains calculate decisions deterministically for us. We experience the process of calculation and perceive it as free will. You can not create universes with your mind.

Firing high powered lasers to one point in space, overloading the maximum energy level of Planck's length, however, does hold constructive potential.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18