The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

The story can be found here.
This is the author.

Mood
The mood was quite exact. It touched my feel scale at a level of 8/10, and caused that.. err... "tingly feeling in your heart"... Nectus was well relatable in many terms, and his exposition as a fearful trypophobic was well executed in the beginning. The story flowed naturally and was heartfelt, written believably and understandably. The mood was consistent, staying on task to the challenges Nectus had to face to overcome his challenging phobia, and very poignant.

Grammar: 5/5
There may have been a few mistakes, but none that I caught.

Style
The style was amazing. Written well and often full of emotional climaxes, the story remained well thought out and completely descriptive. The vivid imagery of Nectus's fears helped the reader understand his pain, regardless if we feel the same way. Chrysalis was put on a motherly viewpoint, clashing with the episode's version of her, but it was acceptable, because she was shown in the view of a different group of people. She helped structure Nectus's redemption, and nurtured him well.

Rating
UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING!!! (Heh, sorry... :rainbowderp: *professionalism on*)

Overall, I found this very enjoyable and extremely well written. Not only was the feel scale almost broken, but the ability of the author to create an entire society of changelings with the drop of the hat was quite impressive. :heart:

Tidal
Group Admin

Dang it, I want to read this now.... but... Trypophobia.... :applecry:

The vivid imagery of Nectus's fears helped the reader understand his pain

... I'm scared...

Well, at least you can understand that a character shares your feelings about the situation.

Tidal
Group Admin

2717620 Lol I will read it, I'm just being a Cutie Mark Crybaby :twilightblush: I'll read it after I do my last review later

Well, just remember that I've written it for readers such as yourself. With that information, it should be worth the time.

I'm very glad that my story was able to touch your heart. Not much is known on Changeling Society, so I decided to go for a more positive view to encompass the ideals of treading with the topic of Trypophobia in a serious, sensitive way.

Tidal
Group Admin

2717816 I appreciate that, Thank you Zero :twilightsmile:

No problem Tidal. It's just a shame that Trypophobia is treated as being either a joke or a gross-out gag on the internet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7